Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Old 07-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Tech Regular

Anybody else have trouble getting in touch with Uriah lately?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RayJ
Anybody else have trouble getting in touch with Uriah lately?
All you have to do is call, or email. I have not heard from you in a while Ray. What's up?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=Maximo;4605253]I think can beat a Murman engine ! http://video.google.ca/videoplay?doc...GUrbGaDw&hl=en[/QUOTE

I wonder who Murman is?
Old 07-08-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Maximo WHO???

Why is it that everyone who mods motors must be a butt and cut someone elses work?? If your work is so good, who runs your motors so comparisons can be made? If you have no comparisons or information that can back your claim of beating a MMM, then you need not talk crap!

Maybe you can give your race schedule of where you will be racing and maybe someone will show with a MMM so comparisons can be made. Are you signed up for 1/8 Nationals at 301? Great place to compare motors!

Where can we meet to make comparisions of motors. What on-road races will you be at and run? These are true places to test power and racing of motors!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default PM sent

Originally Posted by Grinder
All you have to do is call, or email. I have not heard from you in a while Ray. What's up?
Hey Uriah I sent you a pm here. I also sent you two pm's on your website. Your always personable and get back to people, but is there a problem with sending you pm's through your contact form on your website?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RayJ
Hey Uriah I sent you a pm here. I also sent you two pm's on your website. Your always personable and get back to people, but is there a problem with sending you pm's through your contact form on your website?
Hi. I thinks somehow I may be losing emails. We are checking it out now. I did not get any PM's from you until today.

Give me a ring.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Geek_Speed
Hi,

I'm trying to decide between a Murnan Modified Picco JLR Evo3 Red Dot and an RB Concept R3 IFMAR/EFRA Version for an NT1. I've seen some people running RB R3's and they're very fast, particularly top-end. I've also heard (and read) great things about Murnan Modifieds of course.

Does anyone have dyno #'s for the Picco JLR Evo 3 Red Dot stock, and Murnan Modified, as well as the RB R3 stock and modified? The stock RB and the modded Picco are similar $. I'd love to go all the way and get a MM RB R3, but that flirts with wife-agro $-wise, so going there I'd have to really, really want it.

How do they compare power-wise (both bottom end, and top speed)? How about mileage? Any notable differences in reliability?

Thanks a bunch!
Hi. I do have before, and after dyno sheets on both. Maybe I will post them sometime in the future.

The stock Red Dot with 2607 pipe makes more torque than the stock R3 with the RB2604 pipe until about 25K rpm. Then the R3 makes more torque than the red dot from 25K up. Both make almost the same amount of peak torque, it just happens in very different places in the powerband.

The R3 has much higher peak HP numbers than the red dot though. The stock R3 is faster than the stock Red Dot on a larger track. The Red Dot can feel like it goes flat compared to the R3 on a long straight with the 2607 pipe.

The MM Red Dot has improved top end power over the stock one, but the MMR3 is going to be faster, and much more reliable than the MM Red Dot. The MMR3 has a wonderfully smooth powerband, without lacking power anywhere.

Both of the engines will run long enough on one tank of fuel to easily make runtime in a 5 minute qualifier, longer if you drive smooth.

The Picco will require 2x the amount of connecting rods over the life of the engine when compared to the RB engine. The Picco carb is not as easy to tune as the RB. The Picco powerband is not as easy to drive due to gobs of low end torque.

I would go with the MMR3 for the most speed out of the engines listed. The MM Red Dot is fast, I just prefer the MMR3. It is easier to drive, more reliable, and easier to tune.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grinder
Hi. I do have before, and after dyno sheets on both. Maybe I will post them sometime in the future.

The stock Red Dot with 2607 pipe makes more torque than the stock R3 with the RB2604 pipe until about 25K rpm. Then the R3 makes more torque than the red dot from 25K up. Both make almost the same amount of peak torque, it just happens in very different places in the powerband.

The R3 has much higher peak HP numbers than the red dot though. The stock R3 is faster than the stock Red Dot on a larger track. The Red Dot can feel like it goes flat compared to the R3 on a long straight with the 2607 pipe.

The MM Red Dot has improved top end power over the stock one, but the MMR3 is going to be faster, and much more reliable than the MM Red Dot. The MMR3 has a wonderfully smooth powerband, without lacking power anywhere.

Both of the engines will run long enough on one tank of fuel to easily make runtime in a 5 minute qualifier, longer if you drive smooth.

The Picco will require 2x the amount of connecting rods over the life of the engine when compared to the RB engine. The Picco carb is not as easy to tune as the RB. The Picco powerband is not as easy to drive due to gobs of low end torque.

I would go with the MMR3 for the most speed out of the engines listed. The MM Red Dot is fast, I just prefer the MMR3. It is easier to drive, more reliable, and easier to tune.
grinder-ygpm
Old 07-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Uriah for your help in getting my engine issue resolved. I really appreciate your speedy response. I look forward to running it this weekend in Toledo RC Pro Series race. RayJ
Old 07-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bighurt98
Why is it that everyone who mods motors must be a butt and cut someone elses work?? If your work is so good, who runs your motors so comparisons can be made? If you have no comparisons or information that can back your claim of beating a MMM, then you need not talk crap!

Maybe you can give your race schedule of where you will be racing and maybe someone will show with a MMM so comparisons can be made. Are you signed up for 1/8 Nationals at 301? Great place to compare motors!

Where can we meet to make comparisions of motors. What on-road races will you be at and run? These are true places to test power and racing of motors!
Okay first off my post was meant in humor ! hence the funny little video, as for comparing engines the easiest is just to dyno them.....

How can all you guys say MMM is the absolute best and cannot be touched, yet in the same breath you jump down my throat for making a humorous little post about beating a MMM engine ? Maybe you guys dont see it, but By claiming MMM is the absolute best and cannot be touched it in essence is a shot at all the other modders, including myself, I dodnt take offence or anything, I just thought i'd make a funny comment instead......... I unfortunately live a huge distance from where you all race or I would absolutely love the opportunity to come and compare a few engines..If I could I would love to have a head to head shootout with all the big name modders..just like how they do with car engine builders, I would love the same form of a shootout ....... I am a fierce competitor and I would absolutely love a chance to put my skills against the best in the business..

Anyways Uriah my original post was meant to be funny not insulting.... I thought ole MC Hammer would have made everyone laugh !!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Default max

a deburred engine works great cheers
Old 07-10-2008, 02:21 PM
Suspended

Default deebured

when you get an engine take it apart deebur it those little burs end up in the crank case eatin them bearings up cheers conehead . gotta go mow !
Old 07-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Tech Addict

uriah does that with all his engines before he sell them thats why i choose the on and only murnan modified baby i need no more cowbell lol
Old 07-10-2008, 03:15 PM
Suspended

Default tommy

what are you runnnig ?sorry im tryin to talk to my buddy in new jersrey.cheers
Old 07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Suspended

Default murnan

shake them bearings thats stupid!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.