Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Old 08-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaalp
Hi Uriah,
When will you have the Skyline VR12+ in stock again? I am planning on buying one together with the modified nova plus 12+3 ct. Pls let me know. Thanks.
Hi. I will have more VR12+ in stock late next week. BTW, it works really good with the +12.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by munrath
Uriah - I wanted to say thanks for all the support this past weekend at the GLC race. I know I kept you very busy as did many others and you stood by us all and you provided more support then I could've asked for. For those of you that don't know Uriah, let me just say he is one awesome dude. He gave a 110% of his time to us racers and worked with many many people to support them to the best of his ability. This was my first race running for Uriah and I look forward to many many more.

Keep up the great work and support!!! Awesome job this weekend.

I have to add one more plug!!!
If you want to taste some of the best ribs in town you need to check out Big Jeff's Dry Rub RIBS. This man can cook. He went through at least 20 racks of ribs and anyone and everyone who had a chance to sample them was hooked. You can reach him at [email protected]

Mark
Thanks Mark. I am delighted to have you on my team, you are a great driver. Next time, we will be very prepared.

Oh, and Jeff does make the best ribs that I have ever tasted too.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Hi Grinder, yesterday I purchase from you a Murnan Plus 12-3CT, is their a breaking procedure that you will recommend I should fallow to take the best out of this engine

RCPANAMA
For break in;

Idle one tank of fuel through the engine at a rich setting, then let completely cool.
For the second tank drive the car around so the engine is extremely rich, so the car spits a lot of fuel and smoke through the exhaust. Then let completely cool.

For the 3rd tank lean the HSN 1/8th turn and run the car very rich again for one tank. After tank # 3 you can run the engine with out letting it cool completely. For each tank of fuel you can lean the HSN by 1/8th turn. Make sure not to make any sudden throttle inputs until the engine is completly broken in. Complete Break in will usually take 1/2 gallon of fuel. The engine will
get faster, and run cooler when it is completely broken in. Make sure not to lean the needle in more than 1/8th turn each tank, you should not rush break in. There are other methods that work fine for break in, but this one has always worked well for me.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hey Uriah, Tell those guys to spell your name right.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:36 PM
rfy
Tech Apprentice

hi uriah.. any news on your wasp project
Old 08-12-2006, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Default CRF

Originally Posted by rfy
hi uriah.. any news on your wasp project
No good news yet. We broke one stock and one mod version. I was supposed to get some test samples from Orion, but I guess they changed their minds. I am not going to keep buying them just for testing, so for now the project is on a hold. We never got an answer on where to get parts for the engines as well, so we may not have been optimizing the engine with their plugs and pipes. I am working on a part of the engine that will make it faster, but may be some months away. The engine is fast, but not faster than a modified Novarossi, Sirio, or Mega.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Hey Uriah, Tell those guys to spell your name right.
I'm tellin ya. MURNAN. hehe

I would like to thank my team for the great showing at the Great Lakes Challenge. We had an engine in the A main of every class!

Art Carbonell qualified 4th in the Sedan A main, and finished 8th due to a stripped 2nd gear in his Mugen MTX-4. Art was using the Murnan Modified Novarossi 12+3CT with Novarossi 2630 Exhaust. Art was as high as 2nd until the gear let him down.

Jeff Epperson finished 5th in the Outlaw A main using a Mugen MTX-4, and the Murnan Modified OSTZ3 port Skyline VR12+ powerpack. This is becoming a potent combination on the racetrack.

Kevin Hutchinson was using a Murnan Modified Novarossi 35+21 in the A main Masters 1/8th scale. Kevin was using the Mugen MRX4 R.

Paul Ciccarello used the Murnan Modified Novarossi 35+21 at times throughout the weekend to qualify in 4th position. Paul eventually finished 3rd due to coasting across the line with no more fuel. Paul was using the Mugen MRX4R combined with Parma's new R10 body. His car looked awesome all weekend. I think Paul could have won this one if luck went his way!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:31 AM
Tech Master

Hi Uriah! Did you get it? Let me know.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Hi Uriah! Did you get it? Let me know.
Got it! Thanks
Old 08-12-2006, 04:36 AM
Tech Master

Keep me posted Let me know how good it is
Old 08-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Brake In

Originally Posted by Grinder
For break in;

Idle one tank of fuel through the engine at a rich setting, then let completely cool.
For the second tank drive the car around so the engine is extremely rich, so the car spits a lot of fuel and smoke through the exhaust. Then let completely cool.

For the 3rd tank lean the HSN 1/8th turn and run the car very rich again for one tank. After tank # 3 you can run the engine with out letting it cool completely. For each tank of fuel you can lean the HSN by 1/8th turn. Make sure not to make any sudden throttle inputs until the engine is completly broken in. Complete Break in will usually take 1/2 gallon of fuel. The engine will
get faster, and run cooler when it is completely broken in. Make sure not to lean the needle in more than 1/8th turn each tank, you should not rush break in. There are other methods that work fine for break in, but this one has always worked well for me.:
Grinder I already received the Engine, this is an excellent engine, and it really is an AAA job.

Another question in reference to the Brake in, what will be the temperature that you should build up as Max, during the Brake in period?

RCPANAMA
Old 08-21-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Hi Uriah! Whats your feedback on the Xenon? Rb is coming up with a new .12 engine, its called the Matrix.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Grinder I already received the Engine, this is an excellent engine, and it really is an AAA job.

Another question in reference to the Brake in, what will be the temperature that you should build up as Max, during the Brake in period?

RCPANAMA
Hi. Check out post 858 for a break in procedure that I use. I usually find that temps stay pretty low initially (first couple of tanks), maybe 160-190 F. sometimes cooler if the car has no body. If the engine is rich and you see a lot of smoke, you should be OK.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by XTREMERCHOBBIES
Hi Uriah! Whats your feedback on the Xenon? Rb is coming up with a new .12 engine, its called the Matrix.
I will test the Xenon R this weekend. From the looks of it, I like it. The internals remind me of an RB Novarossi crankshaft with a Sirio twist. The piston/sleeve are both aluminum, and very nice. The rod looks like Novarossi (Heavy Duty).
I am sure the engine will be fast. I will run it this weekend and let you know. Have you tested one yet?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Grinder, I just got back from the 2006 Euros and many thanks for your ballistic X12 motors!

The 720 was planted all week, come rain or shine and your motor was very fast but it was me who was making all the driving mistakes. Other than that I'll be ordering more for next year's Euros!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.