R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #841
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AND YA GRINDER I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION!! IF A CONROD BREAKS AND AS SOON AS IT BREAKS I DONT RUN IT ANYMORE SO THAT THE PISTON AND SLEEVE WONT BE AFFECTED,ASSUMING THERE WOULD BE A LITTLE CHIPS ON THE CRANK CASE HERE AND THERE, WOULD THE ENGINE STILL BE GOOD?CZ MY THEORY IS THAT AS LONG AS THE BEARINGS AND THE PISTON SLEEVE ARENT AFFECTED, IT SHOULD BE OKAY.....JUST MY THEORY OF COURSE. WOULD YOU AGREE OR NOT?CUZ IVE BEEN TOO SCARED NOT TO CHANGE CONRODS EVERY FIVE LITERS OR AROUND A GALLON AND A HALF OF GAS. IN OTHER WORDS, SINCE I HAVENT EXPERIENCED A BROKEN CONROD, JUST A LOOSE ONE OF COURSE, WOULD AN ENGINE STILL BE OKAY AFTER A BROKEN ONE?
Old 07-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #842
afm
Tech Master

Hi Uriah

Any more news on your tests with the Orion Wasp CRF???
How did the mods worked out??

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:19 AM   #843
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I really like the powerband of the 12+3CT. I think the engine is easier to tune than the STI. The engine seems just as fast on the track, but with a totally different powerband. This is the first long stroke from Novarossi that in my eyes has true low end torque. The 12+3 has the most torque than any .12 I have tested. This is Novarossi's best attempt at the long stroke. The 12+3 seems like it is not even working to produce really good power, and with the mod, it has an unreal the amount of torque. I am used to grabbing a hand full of throttle, but with the 12+3, I find myself rolling on the throttle. The STI seems like it made my car RRR shift at about 30K RPM, with the 12+3 the car shifted into second gear at what seems like a lot less throttle input and less RPM, maybe 15-20K rpm. I have a feeling this will be the HP and torque king when I can send one to the dyno. The engine works really well with the Skyline VR12+, and the Novarossi 2630. The Skyline made slightly more top end power, and the Nova made more bottom to midrange. I prefer the Skyline with this engine.

Hope this helps.
Im curently running Sirio STI and to be honest, my stock EVO 3 feels a little bit quicker I might have to get myself a Murman Mod 12Plus3 for the 200mm IFMAR Worlds
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:05 AM   #844
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default more power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
Im curently running Sirio STI and to be honest, my stock EVO 3 feels a little bit quicker I might have to get myself a Murman Mod 12Plus3 for the 200mm IFMAR Worlds
I am modding Sirios for the worlds. Getting some awsome power on 16%.
See me next week at Moooorebank.
kickass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 AM   #845
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPXJOE
AND YA GRINDER I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION!! IF A CONROD BREAKS AND AS SOON AS IT BREAKS I DONT RUN IT ANYMORE SO THAT THE PISTON AND SLEEVE WONT BE AFFECTED,ASSUMING THERE WOULD BE A LITTLE CHIPS ON THE CRANK CASE HERE AND THERE, WOULD THE ENGINE STILL BE GOOD?CZ MY THEORY IS THAT AS LONG AS THE BEARINGS AND THE PISTON SLEEVE ARENT AFFECTED, IT SHOULD BE OKAY.....JUST MY THEORY OF COURSE. WOULD YOU AGREE OR NOT?CUZ IVE BEEN TOO SCARED NOT TO CHANGE CONRODS EVERY FIVE LITERS OR AROUND A GALLON AND A HALF OF GAS. IN OTHER WORDS, SINCE I HAVENT EXPERIENCED A BROKEN CONROD, JUST A LOOSE ONE OF COURSE, WOULD AN ENGINE STILL BE OKAY AFTER A BROKEN ONE?
The engine may still be ok. If there are no scratches, and the piston is still round then it should work ok with a new rod. It is always better to change them before they break though. The breakage of the rod can stress the internal parts, and deform them. Also keep a close eye on the bearings after a failure.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #846
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
Can't go wrong with the 12+3. Just learn throttle control.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:49 AM   #847
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm
Hi Uriah

Any more news on your tests with the Orion Wasp CRF???
How did the mods worked out??

AFM
We have been testing a lot. Stock vs Mod. It seems that the mod version is faster on the track, but I still need more testing under competetive conditions to really tell. My team and I will be testing the Modified CRF, 12+3, and STI this weekend at 301 Raceway in MD. They are having the 200mm regionals. Should be a fair test. The CRF is tricky to mod. I am taking very small steps in testing to see if I help, or hinder performance. I wll still need a couple of more weeks of hard testing before I can give some honest feedback on the modified CRF performance.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #848
Tech Master

Hi Uriah!

Last edited by XTREMERCHOBBIES; 07-22-2006 at 09:46 AM.
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:13 PM   #849
Tech Master

My CRF engine came with one 0.3mm head shim. I saw that the shim is equal to the head clearance but as there is a recess in the piston and a larger one in the head button the volume is more at TDC so this doesnt compare with a normal engine.

I reduced the shim to 0.2mm and tweaked in the middle needle 1/8th of a turn and it now jumps off of the line faster than my other engines.

It has no trouble running at 260 deg and this is about optimum as it ticks over stable when refueling.

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 08:18 AM   #850
Tech Adept

Default Breaking of a Plus 12-3ct

Hi Grinder, yesterday I purchase from you a Murnan Plus 12-3CT, is their a breaking procedure that you will recommend I should fallow to take the best out of this engine

RCPANAMA
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 04:03 PM   #851
Tech Adept

Hey Ziggy what percentage of fuel are you running
Old 08-04-2006, 04:28 PM   #852
Tech Master

25% Tornado. It has more oil and thats needed in the CRF to maintain the compression

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 09:30 AM   #853
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to aaalp Send a message via MSN to aaalp Send a message via Yahoo to aaalp
Hi Uriah,
When will you have the Skyline VR12+ in stock again? I am planning on buying one together with the modified nova plus 12+3 ct. Pls let me know. Thanks.
aaalp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:06 PM   #854
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to munrath

Uriah - I wanted to say thanks for all the support this past weekend at the GLC race. I know I kept you very busy as did many others and you stood by us all and you provided more support then I could've asked for. For those of you that don't know Uriah, let me just say he is one awesome dude. He gave a 110% of his time to us racers and worked with many many people to support them to the best of his ability. This was my first race running for Uriah and I look forward to many many more.

Keep up the great work and support!!! Awesome job this weekend.

I have to add one more plug!!!
If you want to taste some of the best ribs in town you need to check out Big Jeff's Dry Rub RIBS. This man can cook. He went through at least 20 racks of ribs and anyone and everyone who had a chance to sample them was hooked. You can reach him at bigjeffsribs@yahoo.com

Mark

Races for 2015:
PNB, AMS, E-Nats Warm-up, E-Nats, LCRC North East Challenge, RAC, LCRC Halloween, Badlands, ROAR Region 2 Series, and Local Club Racing
munrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:47 PM   #855
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default BIG JEFF,S RiBs

I second that, MARK the man can cook up some ribs. Go Big JEFF.
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote