R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 06-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #826
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Grinder have you had a chance to test out the crf yet? i just got one and was running your LL3 against it but the track was too small to really give it a run. I am impressed with the CRF! Loads of torque and very high revs

Cheers

I finally have one to do some testing with this weekend. I can't wait to try it. I already see some things I can do to make it really run. The design and timing #'s are really something else. The materials used are really good too. As soon as stock testing is done, we will test a Murnan Modified version of this engine. Stay tuned!
Old 06-26-2006, 11:19 AM   #827
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
I am satisfied with the performance of the engine for the $, but no way is it the fastest .21 on the market. I will post a picture of the damage later tonight.
As promised Corse R Ninja all blown up!
Attached Thumbnails
Murnan Modified Motors-nniinn-small-.jpg  
Old 06-26-2006, 11:34 AM   #828
Tech Elite

Quote:
BTW: I'm planning to start to mess with one of the R01's I have... could you give me the bearing dimensions? planning to change them for ceramic ones (thinking on a hybrid... but thinking too on a full ceramic).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #829
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy12345
Grinder have you had a chance to test out the crf yet? i just got one and was running your LL3 against it but the track was too small to really give it a run. I am impressed with the CRF! Loads of torque and very high revs

Cheers
I had a chance to work with the engine for a little while before the rain started.
The CRF is fast, and gets great mileage! The engine ran good, with no tuning issues, except I thought (or I felt) it needed to be richer than the factory settings for break in. Ran 2 tanks through it rich on the track (not too rich, as it did not like to run too rich). The temp was about 180 during break in, and never got over 205 while testing. We used the stock glowplug and head clearance. We used 30% Rocket Science fuel, and Sirio Evo 3 exhaust.
The engine is very promising. Out of the box the engine seems as fast as anything out there in stock trim. We will start testing a modified version later this week. Also stay tuned for upcoming dyno testing results.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #830
Tech Master

Grinder. I rasn 25% through my CRF and it was great but when I ran 16% it had no pull from the corners. I havent tried removing the head shims yet.

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:03 PM   #831
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Uriah, give me a call, I lost your number.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:58 PM   #832
Tech Adept

Quote:
well i just got me an ninja onroad motor and this i would like to ask you. Is this the results of an normal driven motor or an abuse one. Since this is the one you modified, is it up there against an stock 35 plus in modified verson. also could you p.m me with an price to modified my ninja.
bam167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 09:05 PM   #833
Tech Master

Quote:
I had a chance to work with the engine for a little while before the rain started.
The CRF is fast, and gets great mileage! The engine ran good, with no tuning issues, except I thought (or I felt) it needed to be richer than the factory settings for break in. Ran 2 tanks through it rich on the track (not too rich, as it did not like to run too rich). The temp was about 180 during break in, and never got over 205 while testing. We used the stock glowplug and head clearance. We used 30% Rocket Science fuel, and Sirio Evo 3 exhaust.
The engine is very promising. Out of the box the engine seems as fast as anything out there in stock trim. We will start testing a modified version later this week. Also stay tuned for upcoming dyno testing results.
Let me know when this engine is ready I will order this and a few Sirio Sti as well. Still no news on the Xenon, I have a feeling it will take longer.
Thanks!

Michael
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #834
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uriah, can you tell me the average tank time of your mod motors, specially the Novarossi PLUS 12-3CT? i want one but i am really concern about not finishing a qualify.. thanks.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:58 PM   #835
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Uriah, how do the Plus 12-3 and the STI compare to one another? I am looking for a backup engine for my JP and was definatly considering one of yours.
GrandeGixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:37 AM   #836
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenracing
Uriah, can you tell me the average tank time of your mod motors, specially the Novarossi PLUS 12-3CT? i want one but i am really concern about not finishing a qualify.. thanks.
The modified 12+3CT can run for a 5 minute qualifier. I got 5 minutes out of mine, and without maxing out the engine. Making 5 minutes also depends on your driving style. The 12+3 gets better fuel mileage than the Evo3 STI, if that helps.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:49 AM   #837
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Uriah, how do the Plus 12-3 and the STI compare to one another? I am looking for a backup engine for my JP and was definatly considering one of yours.
I really like the powerband of the 12+3CT. I think the engine is easier to tune than the STI. The engine seems just as fast on the track, but with a totally different powerband. This is the first long stroke from Novarossi that in my eyes has true low end torque. The 12+3 has the most torque than any .12 I have tested. This is Novarossi's best attempt at the long stroke. The 12+3 seems like it is not even working to produce really good power, and with the mod, it has an unreal the amount of torque. I am used to grabbing a hand full of throttle, but with the 12+3, I find myself rolling on the throttle. The STI seems like it made my car RRR shift at about 30K RPM, with the 12+3 the car shifted into second gear at what seems like a lot less throttle input and less RPM, maybe 15-20K rpm. I have a feeling this will be the HP and torque king when I can send one to the dyno. The engine works really well with the Skyline VR12+, and the Novarossi 2630. The Skyline made slightly more top end power, and the Nova made more bottom to midrange. I prefer the Skyline with this engine.

Hope this helps.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:31 AM   #838

Send a message via MSN to junito yukiyu

I had the same questions.. thank you for the explanation Uriah!!
junito yukiyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:48 AM   #839
Tech Initiate

Hi Grinder, is there a turbo efra verison of the .12+3 and if so whats the model number? Im deciding on which engine to take to the ifmar worlds in oz.

regards.
peanutbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:52 AM   #840
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

HI GRINDER

IM SO RELIEVED TO HEAR THAT, ABOUT THE PLUS 12 NOVA BECAUSE I JUST LITERALLY GOT ONE HERE IN MANILA PHILIPPINES JUST 4 HOURS AGO.WHATS KINDA FUNNY ABOUT IT IS THAT MINE HAD A "TUNED" WRITTEN ON TOP OF THE HEAD, UNLIKE THE FIRST BATCH THAT WAS BROUGHT IN BY MY FRIENDS. HAVENT OPENED IT UP YET, STILL AFRAID OF IT HAHA, OR MAYBE STILL TOYING WITH THE IDEA THAT I HAVE A NEW ENGINE, GIVES ME PIECE OF MIND THAT I HAVE AN OLD AND A NEW SO I CAN WRECK THE OLD FOR THE SAKE OF FUN, MORE FOR THE SAKE OF TESTING HAHA.WHICH MAKES ME CURIOUS THOUGH, THE PLUS 12 YOU TESTED AND THE ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, DOES IT HAVE THE "TUNED" WRITTEN ON TOP OR JUST THE "R" LOGO OF NOVAROSSI?BECAUSE I SAW THAT IT WAS DIFFERENT COMPARED TO MY FRIEND HERE IN MANILA. I WONDER ALSO IF IT WAS JUST THE HEAD DESIGN THEY CHANGED OR THEY REALLY MADE ADJUSTMENTS ON THE SLEEVE ETC..?WOULD YOU KNOW?