R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #571
Tech Fanatic
 
tc3stocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: TN, America
Posts: 869
Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker
Default

So I am planning on getting a NTC3. I am looking for a ROAR legal motor that will make it rip. I am trying to find the best motor for it, when I raced electric, I liked to have alot of midrange power and tons of pull out of the turns, and especially speed down the straight. Which motor would best suit my liking, and also, what kind of gearing and fuel should I run. All help will be greatly appreciated.
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #572
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 948
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
I have a JP X12, when I took the engine apart I noticed that the bore thru the crank is the same size all the way thru it except for the end right where the counter weight is. It looks to be something in the casting of the crankshaft. The hole that the fuel comes thru gets smaller by about 1mm. Does this sound normal? If not can I smooth it out with a dremel? Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

This is so the engine complies with EFRA rules. The cranks bore must remain 7mm or smaller and the 'turbo cut' must not be attatched to the crank bore.

A good example is on the RB engines website. If you go into products, and have a look at the V12 Rody IMFAR/ROAR (01700-000425), then have a look at the V12 Rody EFRA(01700-000445), you will see how different the crank work is. Click on each engine, and scroll down the page to have a look at it's components
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:52 PM   #573
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3stocker
So I am planning on getting a NTC3. I am looking for a ROAR legal motor that will make it rip. I am trying to find the best motor for it, when I raced electric, I liked to have alot of midrange power and tons of pull out of the turns, and especially speed down the straight. Which motor would best suit my liking, and also, what kind of gearing and fuel should I run. All help will be greatly appreciated.
The NTC3 has only one exhaust shape(for the most part), this limits the engines power compared with todays exhaust systems. I found that the N12LL3 (long stroke)has the most midrange of any Novarossi .12's. I prefer the short stroke. It seems to have a broader and more useable powerband. The Sirio Evo 3 works really well with the NTC3 exhaust system. The OS TZ has awesome bottom and midrange, and top speed is also very good. I guess I am no help, as I use all of these engines and I am very happy with them all. The Evo 3 has the most down the straight.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 06:27 PM   #574
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Harwood, MD
Posts: 2,522
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
This is so the engine complies with EFRA rules. The cranks bore must remain 7mm or smaller and the 'turbo cut' must not be attatched to the crank bore.

A good example is on the RB engines website. If you go into products, and have a look at the V12 Rody IMFAR/ROAR (01700-000425), then have a look at the V12 Rody EFRA(01700-000445), you will see how different the crank work is. Click on each engine, and scroll down the page to have a look at it's components
So do you think that it is a good idea to dremel this out?

I don't need to worry about the EFRA rules.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #575
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
So do you think that it is a good idea to dremel this out?

I don't need to worry about the EFRA rules.
Yes, I would. A large flared hole is better. The ROAR is faster than the EFRA. The ROAR version creates a better (more atomized) gas mixture, and it is lighter! These are 2 good things.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 05:05 AM   #576
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Harwood, MD
Posts: 2,522
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Yes, I would. A large flared hole is better. The ROAR is faster than the EFRA. The ROAR version creates a better (more atomized) gas mixture, and it is lighter! These are 2 good things.

Thanks Grinder.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 11:31 AM   #577
Moderator
 
Uneke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 437
Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke
Default

Grinder - Do you mod the Sirio EVO3 and if so would I have to buy one and send it to you or could I by it straight from you?
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 01:53 PM   #578
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneke
Grinder - Do you mod the Sirio EVO3 and if so would I have to buy one and send it to you or could I by it straight from you?
Hi, right now I do not have a good place to buy the Evo 3. I would prefer that you send it to me. Yes, I modify the Evo 3, very fast. Any suggestions on who's got the engines in the USA?
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:04 PM   #579
Tech Elite
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneke
Grinder - Do you mod the Sirio EVO3 and if so would I have to buy one and send it to you or could I by it straight from you?


Hey Uneke,this is Chris, you like that speed I had at the end of the season huh the Sirio I had it was done by Uriah, and that thing is sweet.
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #580
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Hey Uneke,this is Chris, you like that speed I had at the end of the season huh the Sirio I had it was done by Uriah, and that thing is sweet.
chris, you call that speed??? you should see the one Uriah pimped out for me. its off the lamb rack
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:51 PM   #581
Moderator
 
Uneke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 437
Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Hey Uneke,this is Chris, you like that speed I had at the end of the season huh the Sirio I had it was done by Uriah, and that thing is sweet.
I'm always trying to be as fast as you chris.

I think Grinder will be my ticket.

Grinder-I haven't done any searches yet, but if I find anything I will let you know.
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:57 PM   #582
Moderator
 
Uneke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 437
Send a message via AIM to Uneke Send a message via Yahoo to Uneke
Default

Horizon Hobby has them in stock here
OK it works now

Last edited by Uneke; 12-22-2005 at 03:10 PM.
Uneke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #583
Tech Elite
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemugen
chris, you call that speed??? you should see the one Uriah pimped out for me. its off the lamb rack

Hey Joe we will be down for the state race in Jan. in Ft. Myers hope to see you there, BTW I will have something special by Uriah also
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:47 PM   #584
Tech Elite
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneke
I'm always trying to be as fast as you chris.

I think Grinder will be my ticket.

Grinder-I haven't done any searches yet, but if I find anything I will let you know.

Come on you know I'm trying to catch you man
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 12:46 PM   #585
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: So Florida
Posts: 937
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandra
Hey Joe we will be down for the state race in Jan. in Ft. Myers hope to see you there, BTW I will have something special by Uriah also
sound good.... hopefully i will be able to make it out there.
Joe Chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:15 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0