Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by finchy
Grinder will the on-line shop service oversea's customers. I'm in the land of OZ.

I'm interested in 21 on-road motors.
Sure, of course shipping will be more.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: the best modified motors

Originally posted by sedanaddict
Uriah,
The RB X-15 turbo big block you modified for me is really an awesome mill. Great torque but best of all, the top end just keeps coming and coming.
I haven't had to move the bottom or mid range needles at all and the high speed needle about 1/2 turn total since i started breaking it in. this motor idles great and starts easily. it comes off the track very cool ,(about185)best of all today I won the "A" in outlaw 10th scale at my local track.

I saw your post about the track situation in atlanta, if you have a couple days come up to ohio, and we will show you a big track that has a decent turn out and you could show off some of your sedan motor work.
Congratulations on your victory. I am going to make it to Cincinatti track this summer for sure.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default cincy

Thanks Uriah,
a friend of mine is selling his ntc3's and i might buy one. I miss the little cars. by the time you can come up here, i should be running in sedan again. I bet if you bring a couple of your motors up with you , you will be able to make a couple of sales.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

EFRA legal, ROAR legal what it the diff between the two, and what motor is better?
Old 05-17-2005, 12:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by nitro rookie
Grinder,
Do you sell stock piston and sleeve set for the Mugen MT12.
My buddy and myself have got 4 of these engines, but our local
hobby shop can't get parts for them any more. (they don't want to try either) We're looking for P/S and wrist pin clips.
Thanks,
Ted
Hey nitro rookie, I think you might find them at Fast N Furious RC, I can check them out for you tomorrow. Or you can call them at 954-298-5237 and ask for Rene, after 12pm eastern.
Old 05-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Tech Initiate

double post
Old 05-17-2005, 03:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by carkillaii
EFRA legal, ROAR legal what it the diff between the two, and what motor is better?
In the ROAR version the crankshaft center passage is milled larger than EFRA allows, and the turbo scoop protrudes into the hole. The ROAR version has more acceleration.
Old 05-18-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default modding a rebuilt engine.

Uriah,
I picked up today an rb x-15 identical to the one you modified for me last month.This one has seen better days.I can turn it over with my fingers with the crankshaft. my question is, If i get a piston and sleeve, can you modify the motor or do i need more new parts like a con rod and wrist pin etc..?
thanks
Mike L.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Uriah, hope things are well in GA!

Question for ya- have you ever played with the port timing in relation to ntiro %? I know changing the % changes the timing a little, but is it enough to tell without a dyno?
Old 05-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Uriah, hope things are well in GA!

Question for ya- have you ever played with the port timing in relation to ntiro %? I know changing the % changes the timing a little, but is it enough to tell without a dyno?
What's up. Yes, too much timing combined with too much nitro is bad for circuit racing, but you can play with it more in a drag race engine. For the most part I do not change the "timing" of the sleeve except for the exhaust port on certain engines. The crankshaft yields much bigger power gains. Yes changing from 30 to 40 % fuel gives a noticeable increase in power.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ran one of Uraih's modified motors this weekend. Have to say it is the fastest motor I have ever owned! If you like Novarissi Motors like I do I highly recommend you let Murnan modifiy it for you. You will not be sorry. He also took time out from setting up his car up to help a customer break-in his new motor that just purchased one from him. It will defintly out run the the Jp's and the Rody's.
b
Old 05-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Blount doesn't say he beat Uriah with his own engine....my Murnan was TQ and won 8th scale, too.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by blount
Ran one of Uraih's modified motors this weekend. Have to say it is the fastest motor I have ever owned! If you like Novarissi Motors like I do I highly recommend you let Murnan modifiy it for you. You will not be sorry. He also took time out from setting up his car up to help a customer break-in his new motor that just purchased one from him. It will defintly out run the the Jp's and the Rody's.
b

Yes, Uriah helped me break in my motor and he also helped me set up My car. Uriah is a Greeat guy. I loved his motor I have had three Murnan Modified motors a modified MT12, a modified Sirio Evo 2, And my new baby my modified Mugen Seiki X12. See ya at the next points race Uriah.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

5 simple words.....

Race one or chase one!!
Old 05-24-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Hey just don't get used to that winning thing Blount, I'm comin for ya next week. I'm glad everyone came out, it made for a great day of racing.

I tested the Rex LR3 Sunday, and it is fast. My friend Dennis was running the RER3 it was very fast too(both modified by me). I tested the engine stock to see what it felt like. It was good, but nothing special. Although it has been a long time since I have run a stock engine. The modified LR3 is great. The engine seems to have more midrange power than the shorter stroke engines. I think both engines are great, and have tons of power. On the track the LR3 and RER3 had the exact same speed going down the backstretch, although the RER3 was in a Mugen, and I was in a RRR. I think I will have both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.