R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Murnan Modified Motors (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/16008-murnan-modified-motors.html)

serpentpro28 03-27-2005 05:00 PM

grinder

you have pm

Scott Fisher 03-27-2005 08:56 PM

Ran my Murnan X12 today and must say it is very good. Every bit as fast if not faster than my Rody V12.

moot 03-28-2005 03:23 AM

grinder: what motor would you recomend for maximum power? doesnt have to meet any rules,but has to be .12. i like the look of novarossi's. but what do you recomend?

Grinder 03-28-2005 03:36 AM

I recommend the X12. The X12 drag race motor if you do not care about run time.:tire: :tire:

Grasshopperr 03-28-2005 07:34 PM

Uriah ran a drag racing X12 this past saturday at tfb and oh my God that was a fast motor. Uriah was puling away from everything and everybody. Like uriah said if you dont care about run time the drag motor is the only way to go. But still he was getting 4 to 4 and a half minutes of run time.

Good job for the A main win at tfb this past saturday, Uriah.

sparksy 03-29-2005 02:04 AM

Originally posted by Grinder
I recommend the X12. The X12 drag race motor if you do not care about run time.:tire: :tire:
Grinder,
Any chance of a reply to my PM about your drag engines?

Thanks mate.

sedanaddict 04-04-2005 08:07 PM

rb x-15

Uriah,
Igot my motor back on friday. Man you are fast . nowI will have enough time to break it in right before i hit the track next week. From what little bit of tear down i did, the motor looks awesome! can't wait to get it out there and spank some novamega tail.

i will let you know how it runs when i get some lap times in.
thanks a lot

Mike Lindsay

Striker 04-10-2005 11:04 PM

Grinder, when you get your hands on the new Sirio EVO 3, let us know what you think about it.

sweet wasabi 04-11-2005 01:24 PM

Murnan, can you work on .12 mega engine?

Grinder 04-11-2005 03:06 PM

I can't wait to get my hands on an EvoIII. I do modify the Picco Mega, but I can't guarantee how long it will run before the rod lets go. I got less than 2 gallons out of mine. The engine is very fast, but does not have (in my opinion) a linear powerband. I found it difficult to drive and tune. My Mega was like a light switch. Again this engine is very fast. Probably the fastest for the $, but after you figure the cost of a new rod every couple of gallons it's more expensive than the Novas. I would much rather run my X12. Easy to tune, very fast, and much more durable. :tire: :tire: :tire:

isuzuguy 04-11-2005 03:37 PM

grinder

did u run one before u modified it to see how long it would last or after ?

sweet wasabi 04-11-2005 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Grinder
I can't wait to get my hands on an EvoIII. I do modify the Picco Mega, but I can't guarantee how long it will run before the rod lets go. I got less than 2 gallons out of mine. The engine is very fast, but does not have (in my opinion) a linear powerband. I found it difficult to drive and tune. My Mega was like a light switch. Again this engine is very fast. Probably the fastest for the $, but after you figure the cost of a new rod every couple of gallons it's more expensive than the Novas. I would much rather run my X12. Easy to tune, very fast, and much more durable. :tire: :tire: :tire:
SWEET!

roadrage 04-11-2005 05:21 PM

to tell you the truth, i have this motor and out of the box this motor doesnt need modded.it screams faster than any stock motor iv'e herd of.

Grinder 04-12-2005 03:43 AM

Re: grinder

Originally posted by isuzuguy
did u run one before u modified it to see how long it would last or after ?
I did not. I saw how they performed at several races. Someone from Serpent told me to replace the rod about every 2 gallons. Mine was not the first to let go.

bcquick 04-12-2005 06:12 AM

ive seen about 6-7 let loose so far all of them under 2 gallons,,
i was told to replace rod every gallon or sooner by a serpent dealer,,,

on the up side it is a very fast motor stock and get very good fuel milage

i also saw a rod break when a guy was breaking in a ,21 in the pits next to me ,,,, three snap revs and the rod was gone ,,
thats a bad sound!!!