R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-29-2015, 12:04 AM   #3751
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 8
Questions??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalena View Post
Thank you for your answers
Best Regards
Dear Mr. Murnan, Nova motors with 11, 5mm crankshaft have advantages in terms of the performance?
There is still the Novarossi Rex Prism. 12? What are your experiences with the motor?
Annalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #3752
Tech Elite
 
blis's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I'm glad to hear they are still going strong.
Good luck at the nitro titles.
__________________
RC Cars: E4/G4/TCX/LAB-C02/T4'15/MM Engines
WEB: Beachmums Racing - MYRCM Race Registration
Media: Amain - RCRacingTV - RedRC - LiveRC - blisx264
blis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 09:36 PM   #3753
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Which pipes and manifolds would you recommend for the ison gt motor?? Just picked up a mugen mgt7 so looking at what i need to get for power.

Also which hipex pipe and manifold would you recommend for a nova 12 keep-on and mito??

Thanks,
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:47 AM   #3754
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Which pipes and manifolds would you recommend for the ison gt motor?? Just picked up a mugen mgt7 so looking at what i need to get for power.

Also which hipex pipe and manifold would you recommend for a nova 12 keep-on and mito??

Thanks,
Hi. I would recommend the following for the Ison GT.

Novarossi 41032 for the most top
Novarossi 41031 for the most bottom

Novarossi 9886/2015/hipex 2069 are all great with those manifolds.

I'll use 41032 manifold most of the time on the ISON GT.

The hipex 2669 evo2 with short manifold is very good with any nova based .12.
The 2675 is also very good.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #3755
Tech Master
 
Scott B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: NOR-CAL
Posts: 1,246
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Hi. I would recommend the following for the Ison GT.

Novarossi 41032 for the most top
Novarossi 41031 for the most bottom

Novarossi 9886/2015/hipex 2069 are all great with those manifolds.

I'll use 41032 manifold most of the time on the ISON GT.

The hipex 2669 evo2 with short manifold is very good with any nova based .12.
The 2675 is also very good.


Thanks Uriah..

Also congrats on your 4th place finish at Homestead in the Pro Am GT race, can I ask what motor and pipe combo you ran there??

Thanks,
__________________
Mugen Racing USA, Sweep Racing Tires, R1 Wurks, Protoform, Speedworld Raceway...

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Scott B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:20 AM   #3756
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Thanks Uriah..

Also congrats on your 4th place finish at Homestead in the Pro Am GT race, can I ask what motor and pipe combo you ran there??

Thanks,
Thanks!
I used the Murnan Modified OS R2102 GT 5 Port with a 9886 pipe, I also used the Hipex 2069 pipe with the same results. I used the Novarossi 41032 manifold. I can also say that my modified Tesla GT, ISON GT, and Picco GT are also very fast. These all hit at least 60 mph at the Pan Am race.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #3757
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2016 Pan Am 1/8th GT Grand Prix

This past week I attended the 2016 Pan Am 1/8th GT Grand Prix at Homestead R.C. Raceway. The five day event was shortened by persistent rain. All of the practice days were rained out. That meant we would go straight into qualifying with a very short practice. The track was barely dry, and very slick. Unfortunately , I had a high bite setup on the car from my last race. This would cause me to struggle throughout qualifying with an extremely loose rear end. I managed to drive the car around the track to make it into a semifinal.

The plan was to race all of the mains throughout the night Saturday. Special lights were brought in, and the racing commenced. After the last final, the rain started again. The finals were postponed until Sunday. After a brief thunderstorm Sunday morning, the track was dry by noon. We got a 45 minute practice to run on the track. The 45 minutes would be the first chance to tinker with my setup. I made some quick changes to stabilize the rear of the car. The car was getting better, but then it was time to race. My car was not perfect, but it was better than in qualifying. I was able to finish 3rd in my final, which put me 9th for the final.

At the start of the final, I was able to pass several cars on the first lap. However early on someone hacked me, and the marshal could not get to me for some time, which put me in nearly last place. I would do all I could to catch up, but a couple of mistakes by me midway through, which caused me to have to be marshalled would end my podium chance. I was able to finish 4th thanks to perfect pit work by Steve Rossi, and Tony Luna.

All of the Murnan Modified engines were extremely fast, 3 of them made it into the final. The radar gun that Homestead is famous for was clocking 60mph+ on several different Murnan Modified engines. The Murnan OS R2102 GT 5 port, Murnan Ison GT, Murnan Picco GT, and Murnan Modified Tesla GT. My Mugen MGT7 GT Car was awesome as usual. I was happy to see some old friends, and meet some new ones. The organizers did a great job to get the race in, despite all of the rain. Overall, it was a good race.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #3758
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,962
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Do the Novarossi headers mate up to the Hypex 2669 pipe evo II ?


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:58 AM   #3759
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump View Post
Do the Novarossi headers mate up to the Hypex 2669 pipe evo II ?


Pass you soon...
No. They are not interchangeable.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 12:00 PM   #3760
Tech Elite
 
lil-bump's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The Cold Great Lakes
Posts: 2,962
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
No. They are not interchangeable.

Thanks....


Pass you soon...
__________________
Elliott Hart
Serpent America
Desoto Racing Team
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 07:35 AM   #3761
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The Murnan Modified Novarossi Mito 35 GT5 engine is in stock. It's a beast!

http://www.murnanmodified.com/index....roduct_id=1209
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:47 PM   #3762
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: nitro buggy track
Posts: 173
Default sh engine

hello

i want to ask for sh engine that comes with team magic g4jr, can you modified this engine to have more power ?
dafoets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:31 PM   #3763
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,857
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoets View Post
hello

i want to ask for sh engine that comes with team magic g4jr, can you modified this engine to have more power ?
I'm not sure. I have not seen an SH engine in a long time. They tended not to hold up too well in the past.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 11:16 AM   #3764
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: nitro buggy track
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I'm not sure. I have not seen an SH engine in a long time. They tended not to hold up too well in the past.
i mean if murnan can modified it i will send it, its for our local race people are trying to get faster with their engine because it one make race so i must use sh engine
dafoets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #3765
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
This past week I attended the 2016 Pan Am 1/8th GT Grand Prix at Homestead R.C. Raceway. The five day event was shortened by persistent rain. All of the practice days were rained out. That meant we would go straight into qualifying with a very short practice. The track was barely dry, and very slick. Unfortunately , I had a high bite setup on the car from my last race. This would cause me to struggle throughout qualifying with an extremely loose rear end. I managed to drive the car around the track to make it into a semifinal.

The plan was to race all of the mains throughout the night Saturday. Special lights were brought in, and the racing commenced. After the last final, the rain started again. The finals were postponed until Sunday. After a brief thunderstorm Sunday morning, the track was dry by noon. We got a 45 minute practice to run on the track. The 45 minutes would be the first chance to tinker with my setup. I made some quick changes to stabilize the rear of the car. The car was getting better, but then it was time to race. My car was not perfect, but it was better than in qualifying. I was able to finish 3rd in my final, which put me 9th for the final.

At the start of the final, I was able to pass several cars on the first lap. However early on someone hacked me, and the marshal could not get to me for some time, which put me in nearly last place. I would do all I could to catch up, but a couple of mistakes by me midway through, which caused me to have to be marshalled would end my podium chance. I was able to finish 4th thanks to perfect pit work by Steve Rossi, and Tony Luna.

All of the Murnan Modified engines were extremely fast, 3 of them made it into the final. The radar gun that Homestead is famous for was clocking 60mph+ on several different Murnan Modified engines. The Murnan OS R2102 GT 5 port, Murnan Ison GT, Murnan Picco GT, and Murnan Modified Tesla GT. My Mugen MGT7 GT Car was awesome as usual. I was happy to see some old friends, and meet some new ones. The organizers did a great job to get the race in, despite all of the rain. Overall, it was a good race.
Hi Uriah, did you use Buku clutch on your GT? Which shoes are you using and whats the initial setup with GT engine? Thanks!
__________________
GP: Capricorn C03 1/10 touring, Capricorn C803 1/8 onroad
Engine: Tesla .12 WC, Tesla .21 7 port on-road, Rody VS02, OS 2101
beebone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:45 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net