R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #3376
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Just wanted to say thanks again for such a great engine!! I recently won our River City Race Series at Speedworld Raceway in Northern California. My MM Nova PTS gave me great power and run time for the entire six race series. I probably have three gallons through it and it runs like new!

Thanks Uriah!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:40 PM   #3377
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

At the moment I'm running a 2011 version of the RBM3 and its stupid fast. Really want to get another for the GLC. My 2011 has the lower head on it and is much faster than the 2 other rbm3's at my track for some strange reason. I most likely will buy the version with the balanced crankshaft, does anyone have any other suggestion?
The motor is my fastest motor yet and really happy with it
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #3378
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Thumbs up Thanks...

I want to thank Uriah for hooking me up last minute with an RB M3 13'.
He went above and beyond and got me this power plant in time to compete @ the 2013 Picco Challenge in Port Jervis NY this past weekend.
I was able to TQ every round of qualifying with plenty of usable power and no runtime issues! It was simply great! Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Murnan Modified Motors-picco-challenge-2013.jpg  
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:34 PM   #3379
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOE SI View Post
At the moment I'm running a 2011 version of the RBM3 and its stupid fast. Really want to get another for the GLC. My 2011 has the lower head on it and is much faster than the 2 other rbm3's at my track for some strange reason. I most likely will buy the version with the balanced crankshaft, does anyone have any other suggestion?
The motor is my fastest motor yet and really happy with it
You would be very happy with the latest balanced version. It's our most powerful RBM3 yet.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #3380
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
You would be very happy with the latest balanced version. It's our most powerful RBM3 yet.
What's up grinder, should I be running a long or short header for the RBM3?
In a Nt1 with gearing 17/23 pinions 59/54 spurs.
Right now I'm running a nova 2652 with a short conical header (41615), but plan n buying a 2660 with a long conical header when I buy the new RBM3
Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #3381
Tech Master

Quote:
What's up grinder, should I be running a long or short header for the RBM3?
In a Nt1 with gearing 17/23 pinions 59/54 spurs.
Right now I'm running a nova 2652 with a short conical header (41615), but plan n buying a 2660 with a long conical header when I buy the new RBM3
Most of the time I end up on the medium header 41616 with the 2660. I have used the long, and short too though. It's good to have all 3 of them.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #3382
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default CUSTOMER FOR LIFE

Uriah, you are THE MAN!!!

Sent my stock (new) RB TX .12 for modding and breaking in. All I can say is how happy I am. Bottom end power, mid range, top end AND run time all there!!! What more could I ask for???
I have been a customer for about 3 years now and Uriah is ALWAYS honest and willing to share his experience and opinion (even before I ever spent a dime with him). Not once has he ever tried to up-sale me with a newer bigger better (more costly) option, NEVER!!!

Let me update this. My driving skills have a lot of room for improvement, so the less time I spend on the straight the better!!!
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #3383
Tech Master

Took my motor apart for the first time today after the ny state championships. It's the first time ever taking a motor apart, IMHO and also showed a friend. The motor has a slight blue tint inside, I use Maxys fuel, the tint is from the oil in the fuel and I know for sure 2 cycle oil is blue. If I'm wrong can someone correct me? What should I be looking for? How much play will there need to be before changing the rod? And what and how can I clean it? Reallymdomtmwant to clean off the oil cause it looks nicely coated with oil, or,should I?
Thanks in advance. This motor is a gem and want it to last
Old 08-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #3384
Tech Master

Took my motor apart for the first time today after the ny state championships. It's the first time ever taking a motor apart, IMHO and also showed a friend. The motor has a slight blue tint inside, I use Maxys fuel, the tint is from the oil in the fuel and I know for sure 2 cycle oil is blue. If I'm wrong can someone correct me? What should I be looking for? How much play will there need to be before changing the rod? And what and how can I clean it? Reallymdomtmwant to clean off the oil cause it looks nicely coated with oil, or,should I?
Old 08-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #3385
Tech Master

Quote:
The blue color is not the oil, it is the blue dye that is in the fuel. There is really no need to clean the inside of the engine yet. You can use brake cleaner to clean the engine parts, and blow them dry with air if you wanted. Make sure to use plenty of oil on all the parts during reassembly.

To clean the outside of the engine you can use denatured alcohol, motor spray, or similar and blow it dry with air. Make sure all the holes are properly plugged of course. In extreme cases I use Cabon Off, but that is for bare case only.
Always put a few drops of after run oil on the outside of the front bearing after cleaning with alcohol, or anything similar.

The RBM3 should be good on the original rod for 3 gallons including the one gallon for break in. If you use good fuel, and change the rod every 2.5 to 3 gallons, the crankpin should last for several new rods.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #3386
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
The blue color is not the oil, it is the blue dye that is in the fuel. There is really no need to clean the inside of the engine yet. You can use brake cleaner to clean the engine parts, and blow them dry with air if you wanted. Make sure to use plenty of oil on all the parts during reassembly.

To clean the outside of the engine you can use denatured alcohol, motor spray, or similar and blow it dry with air. Make sure all the holes are properly plugged of course. In extreme cases I use Cabon Off, but that is for bare case only.
Always put a few drops of after run oil on the outside of the front bearing after cleaning with alcohol, or anything similar.

The RBM3 should be good on the original rod for 3 gallons including the one gallon for break in. If you use good fuel, and change the rod every 2.5 to 3 gallons, the crankpin should last for several new rods.
Awesome thanks,
I guess I assumed the blue was oil cause 2 cycle oil for my quads is blue.
I'm really new at this stuff, but this past weekend I made the A main at port jervis rc world depot and held my own with some big dogs from the NYC, nj, Maryland area after a little over a year of racing.
Old 08-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #3387
Tech Master

Quote:
Awesome thanks,
I guess I assumed the blue was oil cause 2 cycle oil for my quads is blue.
I'm really new at this stuff, but this past weekend I made the A main at port jervis rc world depot and held my own with some big dogs from the NYC, nj, Maryland area after a little over a year of racing.
Great job! I'll make it up there next year for sure. Track looks great.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:24 PM   #3388
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY / TEAM POWERS

Last edited by godzukihop; 08-15-2013 at 04:35 AM.
godzukihop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #3389
Tech Master

All Team Murnan shirt sizes are back in stock. Free with modified engines. If I owe you a shirt let me know.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:58 AM   #3390
Tech Addict

hi /do you know what rod if you can still get them red head Capricorn 12 I think//sirio thanks greg
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote