R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #3271
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 23
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
We now have the new M21 on road engine for 2013. The new engine has a longer stroke than the 2012 model. The new engine offers more power, especially in the low, and midrange of the powerband. Fuel consumption is also improved.
Does the new M21 use the same con rod as 2012 model?
emule2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #3272
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emule2010 View Post
Does the new M21 use the same con rod as 2012 model?
Yes. The rod is the same.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:26 AM   #3273
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Default

When running in an engine on the bench, how do you reduce/deal with the noise?
mrlahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:40 AM   #3274
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlahey View Post
When running in an engine on the bench, how do you reduce/deal with the noise?
I pipe the exhaust through a tube outside. The tube goes into an old fuel can with holes poked in it. That can is inside of another larger plastic box. This reduces the noise significantly. I also wear ear protection when I'm inside the shop, and the rpm is high. The noise outside the shop is not loud enough to be concerned with. Inside the shop is a different story. Hence the hearing protection.

I'll post a picture in a while.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:03 AM   #3275
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2
Default

Hi all, bit new to this so bear with me. I've currently got a 747 with the mega zx12 , looking to upgrade for the new season, I have spoken to chris the murnan dealer in Ireland but still don't know which engine to go for. I like the looks of the nova keep on, I will be racing at the halifax track. Also could you give me a price with it run in. Many thanks
stockporthdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:02 PM   #3276
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockporthdi View Post
Hi all, bit new to this so bear with me. I've currently got a 747 with the mega zx12 , looking to upgrade for the new season, I have spoken to chris the murnan dealer in Ireland but still don't know which engine to go for. I like the looks of the nova keep on, I will be racing at the halifax track. Also could you give me a price with it run in. Many thanks
I sent you a private message.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:27 PM   #3277
Tech Adept
 
Spillertwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I pipe the exhaust through a tube outside. The tube goes into an old fuel can with holes poked in it. That can is inside of another larger plastic box. This reduces the noise significantly. I also wear ear protection when I'm inside the shop, and the rpm is high. The noise outside the shop is not loud enough to be concerned with. Inside the shop is a different story. Hence the hearing protection.

I'll post a picture in a while.
Want to see that picture with the ear plugs and the special tubing to go outside :-)
Spillertwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:42 PM   #3278
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Default

Thanks for that, a pic would be brilliant
mrlahey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #3279
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlahey View Post
Thanks for that, a pic would be brilliant
Attached Thumbnails
Murnan Modified Motors-img_0873-800x600-.jpg   Murnan Modified Motors-img_0874-800x600-.jpg  
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #3280
Tech Champion
 
BMenard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 6,705
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Where is the post i had made for you? Im disappointed
__________________
Tekno R/C-Sweep racing tires-Rc addiction products
Lead finger racing-Hobbico-OS engines-Futaba-Odonnell
BMenard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #3281
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMenard17 View Post
Where is the post i had made for you? Im disappointed
It's on the other bench. I'm waiting for this one to break off too.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #3282
Tech Champion
 
BMenard17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Port, FL
Posts: 6,705
Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
It's on the other bench. I'm waiting for this one to break off too.
I request pics hehe
__________________
Tekno R/C-Sweep racing tires-Rc addiction products
Lead finger racing-Hobbico-OS engines-Futaba-Odonnell
BMenard17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #3283
Tech Apprentice
 
Adrean's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 60
Default

I need to say , That the RBM3 2013 FULL CERAMIC , its on another level of power , today i run for the first time this engine and its awesome , It give me 5:50 Min of run time in the little rich side at about 128 Celsius Degrees , and i took the win by 5 Laps กก

Thank You Uriah for the incredible engine you sent me !!!!!!

Adrean Zavala
__________________
Thanks to My Sponsor ---------- Capricorn America -------- Capricorn RC CARS
LAB C03/TESLA ENGINES
RCTARGET
Adrean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:25 PM   #3284
HHH
Tech Regular
 
HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 423
Default

Hi Uriah,

I had a new front bearing go halfway into a main. Upon inspection the bearing was covered in blackish stuff.

The only thing I can think of is carbon from the buildup on top of the piston or dirt came in the front of the bearing? Any guesses?

Do you clean the top of your pistons to remove carbon build up?

Thanks,
Sam
HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #3285
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHH View Post
Hi Uriah,

I had a new front bearing go halfway into a main. Upon inspection the bearing was covered in blackish stuff.

The only thing I can think of is carbon from the buildup on top of the piston or dirt came in the front of the bearing? Any guesses?

Do you clean the top of your pistons to remove carbon build up?

Thanks,
Sam
The black stuff is most likely ground up metal particles from the bearing itself. You most likely got dirt in it somehow. What type of bearing was it?

I only clean the carbon if it is really thick, and looks like it could flake off. I only clean the top of the piston. I don't clean carbon off the side of the piston. Carbon on the piston would not be your problem in this case.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:59 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0