Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Today was my first race with the M3, after testing and tuning i came up with an amazing set up that made my Murnan M3 RB an unstoppable machine! i had tons of bottom out of the corners and plenty of top end to keep me pulling down the straight. It was good enough to give me my first A main win and needless to say im am very happy. Another great engine from murnan modifieds looking forward to continue doing business with you.

Thanks Again
Drew Q
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey guys thought I would drop in for some advice. I run off road but I recently had a custom 9 port Nova offroad engine made for me. The P/S are a Keep On .21 and I am looking for a pipe option. The goal is pure speed.

I have tried many Nova offroad pipe/manifold combos and so far the 9886/41001 combo is the best.

What about a 2052 or 2015 on the 41001 manifold?
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
Hey guys thought I would drop in for some advice. I run off road but I recently had a custom 9 port Nova offroad engine made for me. The P/S are a Keep On .21 and I am looking for a pipe option. The goal is pure speed.

I have tried many Nova offroad pipe/manifold combos and so far the 9886/41001 combo is the best.

What about a 2052 or 2015 on the 41001 manifold?
Comparing to the 9886:
The 2015 is very linear with less peak power, and rpm.
The 2052 has a good bottom punch, not great midrange, and higher rpm.

For top speed the 2052.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Congratulations to Scotty Gray. He took TQ, and the win at the first FORGASS race at Homestead. Scotty used the RBM3 in his Shepherd chassis. Way to go!

Here is the story from Shepherd.

The 36th Annual FORGASS Nitro OnRoad Series began at Homestead/Miami Speedway earlier this month. With the temperatures being very hot and humid the first race of the new season was a hard one for the drivers as well as for the material but the extreme conditions didn't bother Team Shepherd driver Scotty Gray and his newly updated Shepherd Velox V10 "tweleve".

The car was perfect all weekend as evidenced by his effortless driving as he dominated every round on his way to TQ. The 30min main final began with Scotty starting on the pole-position and with each lap he increased the gap on the rest of the field. Fuel stops were done with great execution by fellow Team Shepherd driver Sean Lue an after flawless 30 min of racing Scotty crossed the finishing line in first position. The next series race will held at NuggetsRanchRaceway.com Oct 5-7 in Arcadia (FL) followed by the ROAR Fuel OnRoad Nationals in Arcadia Oct 17-21.
Attached Thumbnails Murnan Modified Motors-homestead_podium.jpg  

Last edited by Grinder; 09-24-2012 at 05:09 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

gday there grinder,just wanted to say thanks heaps for an awesome mill,recently purchased a run in full ceramic 35 + 21 from you,WOW,awesome mill tons of power,cheers. one question when would you recommend a freshen up, ltrs?? just replace the rod??.Thanks again for the help.
cheers burty.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burty
gday there grinder,just wanted to say thanks heaps for an awesome mill,recently purchased a run in full ceramic 35 + 21 from you,WOW,awesome mill tons of power,cheers. one question when would you recommend a freshen up, ltrs?? just replace the rod??.Thanks again for the help.
cheers burty.
Hi. I would suggest regular con rod changes about every 1.5 to 2 gallons just to be safe. You can go more, but it gets more risky the longer you wait.

The bearings should be good for 4-6 gallons. The Piston/Sleeve will last about the same. There are exceptions, if you don't push the engine to it's limits it will last much longer.

When the Piston Sleeve starts showing too much wear, you can send it to me. I can resize the PS set. It will last another few gallons, and run like new.

Thank you for the support. It's always good to hear back from you guys.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Addict

Default Grinder

sent you a pm need info before i send the package
Old 09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigtee
sent you a pm need info before i send the package
Old 09-26-2012, 01:51 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Uriah,

Wanted your opinion on these choices for 1/8th on road:
MM M21 engine full ceramic and normal
MM OS XZ-R
how do these engines compare after your modification ?

What kind of break in procedure on hudy propellor bench would you suggest for the OS engine ?
Similar for the M21 ?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 04:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Spillertwo
Hello Uriah,

Wanted your opinion on these choices for 1/8th on road:
MM M21 engine full ceramic and normal
MM OS XZ-R
how do these engines compare after your modification ?

What kind of break in procedure on hudy propellor bench would you suggest for the OS engine ?
Similar for the M21 ?

Thanks
The M21, and XZR have similar power bands to each other after they are modified. The M21 has the edge on power over the XZR.

The M21, and XZR don't like to be run on the prop as long as some other engines. Heat the M21 up to 200F cover the head, and let it run on the prop at a low-medium rpm for no more than 500CC. Then put it in the car, gradually reach race tune over 5 to 10 tanks. The M21, and XZR are both much easier to break in than most engines.

A long, cold break in will damage the Picco M21 engine. Picco himself only runs a couple of tanks rich, then gradually reaches race tunes over the next few tanks.

The OS can be done the same way. I would not recommend this with most engine brands. Most engines need up to a .5 to 1 gallon of fuel, before you start leaning on them.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the feedback.
As soon as i get my hands on a new XZR i will be in contact to send it to you for tuning.
Difficult engine to find.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Can you tell us what the benefits are of the fully ceramic M21 compared to the normal M21?

How long will the ceramic bearings last in general before they need replacing?

What size are the main and front bearing?

Do the M21 engines use a specific conrod or can you use a Picco conrod?

Can i use o'donnell plugs in the M21?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

Can you tell us what the benefits are of the fully ceramic M21 compared to the normal M21?

How long will the ceramic bearings last in general before they need replacing?

What size are the main and front bearing?

Do the M21 engines use a specific conrod or can you use a Picco conrod?

Can i use o'donnell plugs in the M21?
The full ceramic version spools up faster than the standard version. The regular M21 spools up fast enough for me though.

The M21 uses the same Picco con rod.

I have not used O'donnell plugs personally in the M21, but they should work well. They work well in my other engines when I have tried them.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the feedback.
As soon as i get my hands on a new XZR i will be in contact to send it to you for tuning.
Difficult engine to find.
They are hard to find right now. I heard the OS factory ran out of XZR's, and had to make more. I think they will be available again soon.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Tech Addict

Default MMM 35 plus for small track

Hi Grinder, do you think the clutch engagement point set to be earlier on small track with many corners? I know you normally set the engage point arpund 15,000rpm at your track, how do you define that engagement point.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.