R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2012, 06:14 AM   #3196
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 49
Default

Hey Grinder, does your Buku Drag Race clutch come with aluminum or komposite shoes? Thx
redliner140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #3197
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Trickle View Post
Sounds good. Guess that means I'll just keep stashing away the spare change

So 9886 w/ 41021 with the M21?
That combo works great. The Werks 2058 is also very nice.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #3198
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redliner140 View Post
Hey Grinder, does your Buku Drag Race clutch come with aluminum or komposite shoes? Thx
Komposite.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #3199
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Komposite.
What's the pro's and con's of the komposite vs aluminum? Thx
redliner140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #3200
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redliner140 View Post
What's the pro's and con's of the komposite vs aluminum? Thx
They feel similar. The komposit last longer.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #3201
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 49
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
They feel similar. The komposit last longer.
Thanks Grinder.
redliner140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:13 PM   #3202
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 4,131
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Not that he needs any more endorsements, but I got 2 engines from Uriah about 10 days ago. It is the busy race season time for me right now and I needed engines. Uriah got them to me with plenty of time, broken in and track ready and best of all, the engine I did try ran great. Good power, idles easily etc etc. The RBM3 is a great sedan engine.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #3203
Tech Initiate
 
Nitro Norway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 48
Default

I have to of rbm3 this is a very good motor,very fasst easy to tune. One of them has run 1.7gallons and still very good pinsch . This is the very best touring engine!
Thank you murnan!
__________________
-Serpent 747-
-Sanwa m11x.
-RBM3.
-LÝrenskog modellbilklubb.
Nitro Norway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #3204
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro Norway View Post
I have to of rbm3 this is a very good motor,very fasst easy to tune. One of them has run 1.7gallons and still very good pinsch . This is the very best touring engine!
Thank you murnan!
You are welcome. Thank you.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:06 PM   #3205
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Congratulations to team driver Steve Rossi. He dominated the Nitro Touring Class at the Midwest Series Race in Cincinnati this past weekend.

Steve took the TQ honors, and lapped the field multiple times in the 30 minute race. Steve ran the RBM3, and Murnan Novarossi Flash PT engine in his Mugen MTX5. We tested both engines with great results from both. Insane power, and great fuel economy out of these modified engines.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #3206
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 314
Default

Hi Uriah,

first and foremost I would like to thank you one more time for giving us all your opinion and sharing your knowledge about nitro engines. This is much appreciated

Here comes the question: I ran only Novarossi engines over the last 6 years in 1/8th on-road. After looking at their latest offerings and seeing how well people are doing with other engines I might change now.
I narrowed my search down to the Picco Torque and the OS Speed.
Which one would you recommend and why? Tracks here have mostly medium long straights and consumption is critical as we have to make 5min heats without refueling.
Another thing is that my pit-box is still full of Nova stuff (mostly plugs and pipes 2006 2015 2031 2052 2013) and I will continue to run two of my proven Nova engines (one Murnan and one stock) and using that stuff with the new engine would be a plus.

Please let me hear your thoughts
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #3207
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 23
Default

Hello Uriah, I buy a couples MM .12 nova 353 a few years ago, but now a drive 1/8 gt serpent cobra and i want one of your engine. You will recomended any .21 that you make for 1/8 GT cars.

Thanks ,


Daniel Mazzara
daninter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #3208
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2 View Post
Hi Uriah,

first and foremost I would like to thank you one more time for giving us all your opinion and sharing your knowledge about nitro engines. This is much appreciated

Here comes the question: I ran only Novarossi engines over the last 6 years in 1/8th on-road. After looking at their latest offerings and seeing how well people are doing with other engines I might change now.
I narrowed my search down to the Picco Torque and the OS Speed.
Which one would you recommend and why? Tracks here have mostly medium long straights and consumption is critical as we have to make 5min heats without refueling.
Another thing is that my pit-box is still full of Nova stuff (mostly plugs and pipes 2006 2015 2031 2052 2013) and I will continue to run two of my proven Nova engines (one Murnan and one stock) and using that stuff with the new engine would be a plus.

Please let me hear your thoughts
I would say the two engines are very comparable. They have very similar powerbands. They are both strong, and easy to tune. I would have to recommend them both. Picco seems to have better availability here in the us.
The DLC crank on the speed is nice. Both engines are great on fuel.

You can run nova plugs on both engines, but I recommend you run the same plug as the engine.


All of those pipes work well on both engines. (have not tried the 2006)
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:59 AM   #3209
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daninter View Post
Hello Uriah, I buy a couples MM .12 nova 353 a few years ago, but now a drive 1/8 gt serpent cobra and i want one of your engine. You will recomended any .21 that you make for 1/8 GT cars.

Thanks ,


Daniel Mazzara
M21 is great for gt. tons of bottom end for a .21, and tons of top end too.

My modified novarossi bonito, and 35+21 are also good choices.

The bonito will get the best fuel mileage, but will not have the top end of the 35+21, or M21.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:09 PM   #3210
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I would say the two engines are very comparable. They have very similar powerbands. They are both strong, and easy to tune. I would have to recommend them both. Picco seems to have better availability here in the us.
The DLC crank on the speed is nice. Both engines are great on fuel.

You can run nova plugs on both engines, but I recommend you run the same plug as the engine.


All of those pipes work well on both engines. (have not tried the 2006)
2006 work well with os speed,have not tried with picco
kyosho malaysia is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:54 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0