R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #2866
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETT View Post
Uriah, which one of your modified P/S sets would you recommend for my RB10 RC?
Some novarossi sets work also, right?
You can use the modified +12-3sct psr set.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #2867
Tech Regular
 
firecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: eastern,ct
Posts: 478
Default

hello uriah
i.m currently running a stock t9/2604 combo I have a brand new t9 never been run. the stock t9 runs good but cant quite keep up with the max and nova tuned motors. my question is similiar to jetts which of ur modded combo.s would work in the new t9 and why would u put a modded sct combo in a t10 instead of a rb combo I realize both are nova based motors also have a nova 2652,2660 pipes sould I use one of these instead of 2604 or just have u mod the new t9 thank you
__________________
team scream racing/ts racing/kyosho mp9 tki3/ xray xb2 xb4/Wolcott hobbies and airsoft/rc madness
firecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:22 PM   #2868
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat View Post
hello uriah
i.m currently running a stock t9/2604 combo I have a brand new t9 never been run. the stock t9 runs good but cant quite keep up with the max and nova tuned motors. my question is similiar to jetts which of ur modded combo.s would work in the new t9 and why would u put a modded sct combo in a t10 instead of a rb combo I realize both are nova based motors also have a nova 2652,2660 pipes sould I use one of these instead of 2604 or just have u mod the new t9 thank you
The T9, T10, T11, and +12 all use the same Piston/Sleeve/Rod set. If you send in your T9, I will make it run with the best of them.

I like all of the pipes you mentioned, but the 2652, and 2660 work exceptionally well with the modified RB T series engines.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #2869
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default


Last edited by Grinder; 06-29-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #2870
Tech Regular
 
firecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: eastern,ct
Posts: 478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
The T9, T10, T11, and +12 all use the same Piston/Sleeve/Rod set. If you send in your T9, I will make it run with the best of them.

I like all of the pipes you mentioned, but the 2652, and 2660 work exceptionally well with the modified RB T series engines.
thanks for reply will be getting in touch with you to send you my T9 for mods thanks again
__________________
team scream racing/ts racing/kyosho mp9 tki3/ xray xb2 xb4/Wolcott hobbies and airsoft/rc madness
firecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #2871
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Murnan Modified Motors TQ, and Win at Novarossi Challenge

Congratulations to Diatta Collymore. He TQ'd, and won nitro sedan at the Novarossi Challenge held by Control Freakz Raceway in Chaplin Connecticut. Diatta was using the Murnan Modified RBM3.

Congratulations to the other Murnan Modified drivers that made the A main at this event.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:21 AM   #2872
Tech Adept
 
etgdpu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Greece
Posts: 141
Default Ins box theoretical question 0.12 engines

Hello all,
It's been a while since when the air filter has to be installed in an ins box for the 0.12 engines, according to the regulations.
If it was allowed to run a 0.12 without the ins box, would you do it or the engines are designed to work with the ins box and they perform better with it?
Thanks in advance
__________________
The intelligent can become anyone, anyone can not become intelligent.
etgdpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:29 AM   #2873
Tech Lord
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 12,636
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

If you don't need it, don't run it. An INS box acts just like dropping the venturi size a couple tenths of a mm so unless you need it to make run time, go without.
__________________
Sean. Certified speed crazed mowron.
Team Shepherd USA
www.ashfordhobby.com
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:30 AM   #2874
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
If you don't need it, don't run it. An INS box acts just like dropping the venturi size a couple tenths of a mm so unless you need it to make run time, go without.
Yep. Don't run it if you don't have to. It decreases power slightly.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:25 PM   #2875
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3
Default need some advice

I have a 35+21 MM, it came with a 0.1 shim making the clearance in piston to 0.6 (using solder method) , should I remove the 0.1 shim to get to 0.50 clearance for a short track and use the 0.1 shim for a large track? I am using 25% nitro

Also a friend that was helping me out at the track must of accidentally moved the middle sleep needle , where does the middle speed needle sit normally?
uneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:33 PM   #2876
Tech Elite
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,590
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid
Default

hey uriah,

do you do motor checkups? my T10RC seems a little sluggish and I'm not sure why.
__________________
Dorian Tisdale - Professional RC Driver Wannabe
RC America \ DeSoto Racing \ XRay \ Novarossi
www.tsrcar.com \ Red Mosquito raceway \ www.racersoftoledo.com \ www.midwestseries.com
ToysRUsKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 AM   #2877
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneek View Post
I have a 35+21 MM, it came with a 0.1 shim making the clearance in piston to 0.6 (using solder method) , should I remove the 0.1 shim to get to 0.50 clearance for a short track and use the 0.1 shim for a large track? I am using 25% nitro

Also a friend that was helping me out at the track must of accidentally moved the middle sleep needle , where does the middle speed needle sit normally?
The 35+21 comes with the following head shims stock, and Murnan Modified.

.1mm = 1
.3mm = 2

There is a total of .70mm of head shims in the engine. That makes .60mm of actual head clearance most of the time. You should not remove any shims from that engine for your application.

The middle needle should be exactly flush with the carb body.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:18 AM   #2878
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
hey uriah,

do you do motor checkups? my T10RC seems a little sluggish and I'm not sure why.
Yes, I do checkups. You can send it to the address listed on my website. Please put a note inside the box with your contact info, and what you want me to do with the engine.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:30 AM   #2879
Tech Elite
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,590
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Yes, I do checkups. You can send it to the address listed on my website. Please put a note inside the box with your contact info, and what you want me to do with the engine.
Ok, I'm racing this weekend so I'll be calling you on monday to discuss what I need
__________________
Dorian Tisdale - Professional RC Driver Wannabe
RC America \ DeSoto Racing \ XRay \ Novarossi
www.tsrcar.com \ Red Mosquito raceway \ www.racersoftoledo.com \ www.midwestseries.com
ToysRUsKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:49 PM   #2880
Tech Elite
 
ToysRUsKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cinncinati, OH
Posts: 2,590
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid
Default

I'm putting my motor in the mail first thing in the morning. I'll call you to discuss sometime this week. I'm using the address on your website.

Murnan Modified Motors
1679 Elmwood Drive
Austell, GA 30106
__________________
Dorian Tisdale - Professional RC Driver Wannabe
RC America \ DeSoto Racing \ XRay \ Novarossi
www.tsrcar.com \ Red Mosquito raceway \ www.racersoftoledo.com \ www.midwestseries.com
ToysRUsKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0