R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #2791
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhalandri View Post
Hi Grinder what is your opinion about the new nova .21 pts especially over the older nova engines?I have noticed that you added in your list of .21 on road's lately...
P.M Thanks for the awesome flash special ceramic you sent to me about 2 months ago...
The new flash is nice, but expensive. The new engine is slightly faster than the old flash special.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #2792
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25 View Post
Would this apply to 2010 Flash compared to the 2011 Flash as well. Im thinking to going Murnan due to pear pressure . but not sure what to go for after seeing your comment about the different size cranks.
All of the flash .12's have the 11.9 crank. The new flash has more top end than the old flash. I'm not sure how the flash .12 pt compares on fuel mileage to the old flash .12.

My modified flash is a very fast engine you can't go wrong with either of them.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #2793
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25 View Post
Would this apply to 2010 Flash compared to the 2011 Flash as well. Im thinking to going Murnan due to pear pressure . but not sure what to go for after seeing your comment about the different size cranks.
Dan,

You saw my Murnan Flash at the last club day. Only had about 1.5L, running at maybe 80% peak....The bottom end is crazy. I had to keep dialing in rear toe to try and settle it down

Trust me, you will not go wrong with a Murnan. (I should know, I have owned about 7 or 8)

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #2794
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With out question Murnan .12 engines are the fastest overall engines on the market. Know need to look anywhere else!!!!! Murnans +12sct, 353,flash, and rbm3 are all stupid fast just pick one and hold on for dear life
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #2795
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
With out question Murnan .12 engines are the fastest overall engines on the market. Know need to look anywhere else!!!!! Murnans +12sct, 353,flash, and rbm3 are all stupid fast just pick one and hold on for dear life

Im gonna get myself the RBM3 in a little while!
I have the RB 2659 pipe from my T10, but apart from that what would be a better pipe?
Would the Nova 2660 have a better performance to fuel consumption than the 2659? Or would it be a bit of a mix-up between power and runtime - the RB having more runtime, the Nova having more power.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #2796
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear View Post

Im gonna get myself the RBM3 in a little while!
I have the RB 2659 pipe from my T10, but apart from that what would be a better pipe?
Would the Nova 2660 have a better performance to fuel consumption than the 2659? Or would it be a bit of a mix-up between power and runtime - the RB having more runtime, the Nova having more power.

Go for the 2652, or 2660 with medium conical header, and hang on.
The 2659 is also very fast. It has less bottom end than the nova pipes, but more top end. They all work great with the RBM3.

The 2660 gets the most runtime out of these 3 pipes. The 2652 makes slightly more power.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #2797
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Go for the 2652, or 2660 with medium conical header, and hang on.
The 2659 is also very fast. It has less bottom end than the nova pipes, but more top end. They all work great with the RBM3.

The 2660 gets the most runtime out of these 3 pipes. The 2652 makes slightly more power.
Thanks for that Murnan!! Ill keep that info till I get the '11 M3 Tuned from you in a few months!!
Still learning to drive better and setup cars, so the tuned would be good enough for me, otherwise can you modify the Tuned version into the Modified version easily? Or are the timings done differently that doesn't let you crossover between Tuned and Modified?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #2798
Tech Master

Quote:
Thanks for that Murnan!! Ill keep that info till I get the '11 M3 Tuned from you in a few months!!
Still learning to drive better and setup cars, so the tuned would be good enough for me, otherwise can you modify the Tuned version into the Modified version easily? Or are the timings done differently that doesn't let you crossover between Tuned and Modified?
There are a lot of differences between the tuned, and modified RBM3. The modified has more timing, larger bore, different block, and lots more.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #2799
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
There are a lot of differences between the tuned, and modified RBM3. The modified has more timing, larger bore, different block, and lots more.
Yeah, soon after I posted that, I actually went to your site and realized it's only a $100 difference between the Tuned and the Modified, so I just went and trollied the Ceramic Modified since THAT is only another $40 on top - if I'm going to get the M3M, might as well go all out and in style!!
I also might as well get your modified version of the T10 crank - after I modified the timing on my standard T10, somehow I managed to torque-snap the end of it where the clutch sits!!
It's the same price as the T10RC crank, so you're definitely my RB engines guy!!
Might even compare the differences between my crank and the one you have modified and see how close or far I went
Old 03-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #2800
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
somehow I managed to torque-snap the end of it where the clutch sits!!
It's the same price as the T10RC crank, so you're definitely my RB engines guy!!
Might even compare the differences between my crank and the one you have modified and see how close or far I went
hahaha, i think thats called crashing when at full throttle too much. Torque snap . haha fancy word for self destruct !

Last thing Murnan wants is another copy of one of his motors passsed of as one of his own. i copped the wrong end of this once, not nice.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #2801
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
hahaha, i think thats called crashing when at full throttle too much. Torque snap . haha fancy word for self destruct !

Last thing Murnan wants is another copy of one of his motors passsed of as one of his own. i copped the wrong end of this once, not nice.
Lol thats the thing, it had never been crashed - not even a small one!! I just noticed that when I applied the throttle at one point, it just revved, and then I saw something fall out - I thought it was just the screw holding it in place. I walked over and then noticed that it was the ENTIRE clutch unit on the ground!
And wouldn't dare copy over his work to mine - even if I did I can't do anything with it!! I just want to see how different mine is compared to his, that's all.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #2802
am
Tech Master

You can copy all you wan`t. Some of the small details you probebly won`t see, and the copy engine will in 90% of the engines not run as good as the original modified ones...
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #2803
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by am View Post
You can copy all you wan`t. Some of the small details you probebly won`t see, and the copy engine will in 90% of the engines not run as good as the original modified ones...
That's why I wouldn't copy it
There are things Murnan does I could try to do, but would probably result in catastrophic failure, and ruin the entire engine!!
I just change timings and do a little internal work IF I see it! But I also leave the bore of the crank alone - Murnan here has the resources and experience to know how far he can go and what it can do.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #2804
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I want to thank you Murnan for the full ceramic Murnan +12sct that I purchased from you. I haven't really lean the motor that much but it has more bottomend then any motor I have ever had with strong mid range and topend. It pulls hard everywhere in the powerband. And that's with a rich tune and a soft clutch setting I can't wait till it fully breaks in.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #2805
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

is the piston and sleeve in the tuned kangaroo the same as the reg kangaroo?
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote