R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #2791
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyhalandri View Post
Hi Grinder what is your opinion about the new nova .21 pts especially over the older nova engines?I have noticed that you added in your list of .21 on road's lately...
P.M Thanks for the awesome flash special ceramic you sent to me about 2 months ago...
The new flash is nice, but expensive. The new engine is slightly faster than the old flash special.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #2792
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25 View Post
Would this apply to 2010 Flash compared to the 2011 Flash as well. Im thinking to going Murnan due to pear pressure . but not sure what to go for after seeing your comment about the different size cranks.
All of the flash .12's have the 11.9 crank. The new flash has more top end than the old flash. I'm not sure how the flash .12 pt compares on fuel mileage to the old flash .12.

My modified flash is a very fast engine you can't go wrong with either of them.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:55 PM   #2793
Tech Elite
 
Michael_T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 4,030
Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjoy25 View Post
Would this apply to 2010 Flash compared to the 2011 Flash as well. Im thinking to going Murnan due to pear pressure . but not sure what to go for after seeing your comment about the different size cranks.
Dan,

You saw my Murnan Flash at the last club day. Only had about 1.5L, running at maybe 80% peak....The bottom end is crazy. I had to keep dialing in rear toe to try and settle it down

Trust me, you will not go wrong with a Murnan. (I should know, I have owned about 7 or 8)
__________________
Shepherd RC | Brilliant RC | Arrowmax | Xtreme Aerodynamics | Matrix | Tectrade TTB

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #2794
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

With out question Murnan .12 engines are the fastest overall engines on the market. Know need to look anywhere else!!!!! Murnans +12sct, 353,flash, and rbm3 are all stupid fast just pick one and hold on for dear life
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:30 PM   #2795
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
With out question Murnan .12 engines are the fastest overall engines on the market. Know need to look anywhere else!!!!! Murnans +12sct, 353,flash, and rbm3 are all stupid fast just pick one and hold on for dear life

Im gonna get myself the RBM3 in a little while!
I have the RB 2659 pipe from my T10, but apart from that what would be a better pipe?
Would the Nova 2660 have a better performance to fuel consumption than the 2659? Or would it be a bit of a mix-up between power and runtime - the RB having more runtime, the Nova having more power.
__________________
Car-less (Velox V10 or 733) // RB T10.5"+" (JB Modified) // Bluebird BMS-990DMG (St) & BMS-631 (T/B) // ATS 16% // Capricorn Wheels // Protoform
"70% of the time, it works ALL the time"
DJ_Shakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:11 PM   #2796
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear View Post

Im gonna get myself the RBM3 in a little while!
I have the RB 2659 pipe from my T10, but apart from that what would be a better pipe?
Would the Nova 2660 have a better performance to fuel consumption than the 2659? Or would it be a bit of a mix-up between power and runtime - the RB having more runtime, the Nova having more power.

Go for the 2652, or 2660 with medium conical header, and hang on.
The 2659 is also very fast. It has less bottom end than the nova pipes, but more top end. They all work great with the RBM3.

The 2660 gets the most runtime out of these 3 pipes. The 2652 makes slightly more power.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #2797
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Go for the 2652, or 2660 with medium conical header, and hang on.
The 2659 is also very fast. It has less bottom end than the nova pipes, but more top end. They all work great with the RBM3.

The 2660 gets the most runtime out of these 3 pipes. The 2652 makes slightly more power.
Thanks for that Murnan!! Ill keep that info till I get the '11 M3 Tuned from you in a few months!!
Still learning to drive better and setup cars, so the tuned would be good enough for me, otherwise can you modify the Tuned version into the Modified version easily? Or are the timings done differently that doesn't let you crossover between Tuned and Modified?
__________________
Car-less (Velox V10 or 733) // RB T10.5"+" (JB Modified) // Bluebird BMS-990DMG (St) & BMS-631 (T/B) // ATS 16% // Capricorn Wheels // Protoform
"70% of the time, it works ALL the time"
DJ_Shakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:12 AM   #2798
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear View Post
Thanks for that Murnan!! Ill keep that info till I get the '11 M3 Tuned from you in a few months!!
Still learning to drive better and setup cars, so the tuned would be good enough for me, otherwise can you modify the Tuned version into the Modified version easily? Or are the timings done differently that doesn't let you crossover between Tuned and Modified?
There are a lot of differences between the tuned, and modified RBM3. The modified has more timing, larger bore, different block, and lots more.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 AM   #2799
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
There are a lot of differences between the tuned, and modified RBM3. The modified has more timing, larger bore, different block, and lots more.
Yeah, soon after I posted that, I actually went to your site and realized it's only a $100 difference between the Tuned and the Modified, so I just went and trollied the Ceramic Modified since THAT is only another $40 on top - if I'm going to get the M3M, might as well go all out and in style!!
I also might as well get your modified version of the T10 crank - after I modified the timing on my standard T10, somehow I managed to torque-snap the end of it where the clutch sits!!
It's the same price as the T10RC crank, so you're definitely my RB engines guy!!
Might even compare the differences between my crank and the one you have modified and see how close or far I went
__________________
Car-less (Velox V10 or 733) // RB T10.5"+" (JB Modified) // Bluebird BMS-990DMG (St) & BMS-631 (T/B) // ATS 16% // Capricorn Wheels // Protoform
"70% of the time, it works ALL the time"
DJ_Shakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 06:34 AM   #2800
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear View Post
somehow I managed to torque-snap the end of it where the clutch sits!!
It's the same price as the T10RC crank, so you're definitely my RB engines guy!!
Might even compare the differences between my crank and the one you have modified and see how close or far I went
hahaha, i think thats called crashing when at full throttle too much. Torque snap . haha fancy word for self destruct !

Last thing Murnan wants is another copy of one of his motors passsed of as one of his own. i copped the wrong end of this once, not nice.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:50 PM   #2801
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
hahaha, i think thats called crashing when at full throttle too much. Torque snap . haha fancy word for self destruct !

Last thing Murnan wants is another copy of one of his motors passsed of as one of his own. i copped the wrong end of this once, not nice.
Lol thats the thing, it had never been crashed - not even a small one!! I just noticed that when I applied the throttle at one point, it just revved, and then I saw something fall out - I thought it was just the screw holding it in place. I walked over and then noticed that it was the ENTIRE clutch unit on the ground!
And wouldn't dare copy over his work to mine - even if I did I can't do anything with it!! I just want to see how different mine is compared to his, that's all.
__________________
Car-less (Velox V10 or 733) // RB T10.5"+" (JB Modified) // Bluebird BMS-990DMG (St) & BMS-631 (T/B) // ATS 16% // Capricorn Wheels // Protoform
"70% of the time, it works ALL the time"
DJ_Shakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:02 PM   #2802
am
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,552
Default

You can copy all you wan`t. Some of the small details you probebly won`t see, and the copy engine will in 90% of the engines not run as good as the original modified ones...
am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #2803
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 729
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by am View Post
You can copy all you wan`t. Some of the small details you probebly won`t see, and the copy engine will in 90% of the engines not run as good as the original modified ones...
That's why I wouldn't copy it
There are things Murnan does I could try to do, but would probably result in catastrophic failure, and ruin the entire engine!!
I just change timings and do a little internal work IF I see it! But I also leave the bore of the crank alone - Murnan here has the resources and experience to know how far he can go and what it can do.
__________________
Car-less (Velox V10 or 733) // RB T10.5"+" (JB Modified) // Bluebird BMS-990DMG (St) & BMS-631 (T/B) // ATS 16% // Capricorn Wheels // Protoform
"70% of the time, it works ALL the time"
DJ_Shakespear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 AM   #2804
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 600
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I want to thank you Murnan for the full ceramic Murnan +12sct that I purchased from you. I haven't really lean the motor that much but it has more bottomend then any motor I have ever had with strong mid range and topend. It pulls hard everywhere in the powerband. And that's with a rich tune and a soft clutch setting I can't wait till it fully breaks in.
HoboShop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 05:15 PM   #2805
Tech Master
 
ralphierace13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,824
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

is the piston and sleeve in the tuned kangaroo the same as the reg kangaroo?
__________________
RALPH FORTUNATO
MUGEN SEIKI MRX6 TEAM DRIVER
Futaba 4PK-S-R, Novarossi Team Driver, CONTACT TIRES
Byron Fuel, Veytrex Desgin Labs
2014 R.O.A.R. REGION 1 CHAMPION!!
ralphierace13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:07 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0