R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2010, 02:51 PM   #2536
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboShop View Post
?????????????
The Flash 12 is a +12-3SCT tuned with a 353 head button. The carb has also been insulated. We tested the Flash .12 tuned this past Sunday. I say the RB is still king due to the awesome power, and unbeatable fuel mileage. Both engines have about the same power, and laptimes but the RB gets better mileage.

The MM Flash special is faster than the Sirio.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #2537
Tech Rookie
 
EDGE_RACER$$$'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default Need a Motor Modded

Hey murnan,

gotta ?............ i just got a sirio S21-CL7 R STI what would be the price for you to put your special touch on that motor and also once the motor is modified what is tha life spand of it will it wear quicker or what also just in case i need to rebuild it modded what do i need to send in with my motor.

Thanks
EDGE_RACER$$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:34 PM   #2538
Tech Rookie
 
BARON P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: EAST NEW YORK
Posts: 16
Send a message via ICQ to BARON P Send a message via AIM to BARON P Send a message via Yahoo to BARON P
Talking PARTS

HEY MURNAN,

I HAVE A 353, I AM LOOKING FOR A PINSTIN SELEVE TO REBUILT THE MOTOR BUT THE MOTOR I HAVE IS A BLUE HEAD NOVAROSSI.IF YOU HAVE ANY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.


THANK YOU

BARON P

Last edited by BARON P; 02-28-2010 at 04:49 AM.
BARON P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:02 PM   #2539
Tech Addict
 
c1 racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin
Default

Uriah,

Thanks for all the help at the pre-worlds. Maybe one day I'll be able to use all the power ... ... atleast I know I DID NOT get bet because of power ...

I'll work on the pit stops also ...

thanks again ...
__________________
NeXusRacing.com
MurnanModified.com
MobileRCRacing.com
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 AM   #2540
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARON P View Post
HEY MURNAN,

I HAVE A 353, I AM LOOKING FOR A PINSTIN SELEVE TO REBUILT THE MOTOR BUT THE MOTOR I HAVE IS A BLUE HEAD NOVAROSSI.IF YOU HAVE ANY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.


THANK YOU

BARON P
Yes. I have it for the 353 08, and 09.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #2541
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1 racin View Post
Uriah,

Thanks for all the help at the pre-worlds. Maybe one day I'll be able to use all the power ... ... atleast I know I DID NOT get bet because of power ...

I'll work on the pit stops also ...

thanks again ...
Your welcome Charlie, and thank you for all your help. Next time we will get your car right to handle all the power. I learned some things.

Thanks to all my friends who helped me with pitting this week. I was without my regular pit man, so your help is truly appreciated.

I would also like to thank the Gulf Coast Raceway. They did a good job with the race, and the track came in great. Tire wear went way down, and traction came way up. The worlds should be a blast, although I must say the track is very difficult.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 03:08 PM   #2542
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
The Flash 12 is a +12-3SCT tuned with a 353 head button. The carb has also been insulated. We tested the Flash .12 tuned this past Sunday. I say the RB is still king due to the awesome power, and unbeatable fuel mileage. Both engines have about the same power, and laptimes but the RB gets better mileage.

The MM Flash special is faster than the Sirio.

So if we were comparing non MM Engines. A Flash 12 vs a 353 09 would you notice any diffrences? Which one would produce more power and which would you prefer etc etc? If there is no really big diffrences woulden't it be better on the wallet to buy the 353 09 over the flash 12 and save a few bucks?

I know we were comparing the RB vs the Flash but I am curious about the 35309 vs the flash.

Thanks,
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 10:50 PM   #2543
Les
Tech Addict
 
Les's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 619
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Hello All, Can anyone tell me what is the best way to tell when a conrod has excessive wear, I run 12 size engines (Murnam).

Cheers, les
Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:57 PM   #2544
Tech Master
 
grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Hello All, Can anyone tell me what is the best way to tell when a conrod has excessive wear, I run 12 size engines (Murnam).

Cheers, les
the first thing you will notice is the tune goes offwhile your racing
you will retune it and it will go off again its your conrod...
if you are chasing the tune then more likley your conrod is shot
replace the rod every 4 liters or a gallon of fuel wether it needs it or not ...


to check if the rods is shot pull the back plate off and the button head ..
leave your fly wheel on so you can turn your crank
put a drop of oil on the crank pin
now put your finger on the top of the piston at top dead center now grab the crank and turn it left to right
now you should see no movement on the rod and if you have any movement change it
__________________
This is my xray nt1!
There are many other xray nt1's like it, but this one is mine!
Without my xray nt1,I am nothing!
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss

Last edited by grub; 03-13-2010 at 12:19 AM.
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:59 PM   #2545
Tech Master
 
grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Hello All, Can anyone tell me what is the best way to tell when a conrod has excessive wear, I run 12 size engines (Murnam).

Cheers, les
i know you les
hi di
see ya all soon
__________________
This is my xray nt1!
There are many other xray nt1's like it, but this one is mine!
Without my xray nt1,I am nothing!
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 05:19 AM   #2546
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
So if we were comparing non MM Engines. A Flash 12 vs a 353 09 would you notice any diffrences? Which one would produce more power and which would you prefer etc etc? If there is no really big diffrences woulden't it be better on the wallet to buy the 353 09 over the flash 12 and save a few bucks?

I know we were comparing the RB vs the Flash but I am curious about the 35309 vs the flash.

Thanks,
anybody?
grouchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:03 AM   #2547
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G87z View Post
So if we were comparing non MM Engines. A Flash 12 vs a 353 09 would you notice any diffrences? Which one would produce more power and which would you prefer etc etc? If there is no really big diffrences woulden't it be better on the wallet to buy the 353 09 over the flash 12 and save a few bucks?

I know we were comparing the RB vs the Flash but I am curious about the 35309 vs the flash.

Thanks,
There are certainly differences in the Flash .12, and the 353 09. The 353 09 makes more peak power. The Flash .12 makes more initial torque.

The 353 09 has more exhaust timing, a wider boost port, and the case to match the sleeve. The 353 09 also has 2 under exhaust ports that the new Flash .12 does not have.

The crankshaft in the Flash .12 is interchangeable with the 353 09. The Flash .12 uses the N2 connecting rod, which has the same crankpin, and wristpin size as the 353 09, +12-3SCT rods.

I would go with the Flash .12 for small tracks, and the 353 09 for big tracks. The Flash .12 gets better fuel mileage than the 353 09.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 06:12 AM   #2548
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grub View Post
the first thing you will notice is the tune goes offwhile your racing
you will retune it and it will go off again its your conrod...
if you are chasing the tune then more likley your conrod is shot
replace the rod every 4 liters or a gallon of fuel wether it needs it or not ...


to check if the rods is shot pull the back plate off and the button head ..
leave your fly wheel on so you can turn your crank
put a drop of oil on the crank pin
now put your finger on the top of the piston at top dead center now grab the crank and turn it left to right
now you should see no movement on the rod and if you have any movement change it
It is good practice like Grub says to replace the rod each gallon of fuel if you are pushing the engine to the limits. I have seen them not need replaced for up to 4+ gallons, but that is not under extreme conditions.

The easiest way to tell if it needs replaced is to check for play as stated above by Grub. Get the piston stuck at top dead center, and wiggle the crankshaft back, and forth. If there is any play it is time to replace the rod. After about 6 gallons the crankpin is usually beginning to wear out, and you will see this play even with a new rod. Then it is time for a new crank, or engine.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #2549
Tech Fanatic
 
G87z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Logan Township, NJ
Posts: 787
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
There are certainly differences in the Flash .12, and the 353 09. The 353 09 makes more peak power. The Flash .12 makes more initial torque.

The 353 09 has more exhaust timing, a wider boost port, and the case to match the sleeve. The 353 09 also has 2 under exhaust ports that the new Flash .12 does not have.

The crankshaft in the Flash .12 is interchangeable with the 353 09. The Flash .12 uses the N2 connecting rod, which has the same crankpin, and wristpin size as the 353 09, +12-3SCT rods.

I would go with the Flash .12 for small tracks, and the 353 09 for big tracks. The Flash .12 gets better fuel mileage than the 353 09.


Awesome, Thanks for the info Grinder!

Also at what length of a track would you consider it big vs small?

Thanks,
__________________
Team Shepherd USA / Picco Engines / Sanwa / Matrix Tires / Byrons Fuel / SRC
G87z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:25 AM   #2550
Tech Regular
 
Black niNja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 270
Default

Hi Uriah,

I finally got my Murnan Modified RBM3 .12 Modified and fully broken in. Wonder if u can assist me on the tuning tips for this great engine?
Thanks in advance.
Black niNja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0