Like Tree13Likes

Murnan Modified Motors

Old 01-31-2010, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
The 2010 Novas are around the corner the new Flash is called "special" not sure yet as to any major internal changes. I think a 09' 35 plus should be at the top of anyone's engine list.
1. 35 plus tuned
2. Flash tuned
3. Kangaroo
Why bother getting the tuned, if you can get the MM version. I do not think there are any major internal changes. Probably just some different materials for the special. Hopefully a more durable piston material, just what the Flash needs. We will know for sure the changes very soon.

I would also rate the engines in the following order:

1. MM 35+21
2. MM Flash
3. MM Kangaroo

These are all very fast, and reliable engines for on road racing.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Grinder
Why bother getting the tuned, if you can get the MM version. I do not think there are any major internal changes. Probably just some different materials for the special. Hopefully a more durable piston material, just what the Flash needs. We will know for sure the changes very soon.

I would also rate the engines in the following order:

1. MM 35+21
2. MM Flash
3. MM Kangaroo

These are all very fast, and reliable engines for on road racing.

wats up dude you get the offroad motors back sorry for the delay give us a call
Old 01-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default RBM3

Hey Uriah,

I just received my RBM3 today,it looks great!Anyways,just wondering,what's the percentage fuel you used to break in the engine?because,we use 16% Tornado here so I just want to know if I need to remove shims in order to use 16%?

And one more thing,what plugs can I use on the M3?are Nova plugs fine?
Old 02-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey, Uriah I have a O.S. 28XZ I would like to have modified but I have never had a engine modified before please PM me and let me know how this process works.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tq23
Hey Uriah,

I just received my RBM3 today,it looks great!Anyways,just wondering,what's the percentage fuel you used to break in the engine?because,we use 16% Tornado here so I just want to know if I need to remove shims in order to use 16%?

And one more thing,what plugs can I use on the M3?are Nova plugs fine?
Hi. I used 16% nitro with 16% oil to break in the engine. You should leave the shims that are in there for 16%.

Yes, use Novarossi plugs. Use the C6TGF, or C7TGF most of the time.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Uriah you have mail.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hi. I used 16% nitro with 16% oil to break in the engine. You should leave the shims that are in there for 16%.

Yes, use Novarossi plugs. Use the C6TGF, or C7TGF most of the time.
Thanks Uriah!Anyways,you are spot on with the Flash "Special".They did change the piston.Guess I have to start breaking the bank for a MMFlash Special.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Grinder
Did you ever modified an RB classico 9??
How you compare the stock engine and the modified??
thank you!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Uriah, do you have any connecting rods for the 353 08 in stock? Also the wrist pin and clips. Thanks
Old 02-05-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Brent Davis
Grinder,

I race here in Maryland at Budds Creek. In fact I live about 10 minutes from 301 Raceway and have seen you guys out there but that is not my interest of racing although I like to just watch. We also race in Richmond, Va. and in North Carolina under the IMDRA.com series of RC drag racing. ALL racers show what engines that they use and the most engine used is the Kangaroo, Xenon "R" & ALPHA, 35+21 and some old C5's.

I wasn't asking at all about your internal mods as that would be stupid to even ask. What I was wondering was simply do you have any drag racers using that MMM modded engine and did they provide to you any data on it's performance. I understand the not marking engine blocks and heads as well but I will say that the 2009 IMDRA Champions used RBmods for the Funny Car/Pro-Mod championship using a Kangaroo and Cordoba, Nitrodynamics took the Top Fuel Championship using a Kangaroo and RBmods took the 2.0 index class with a .18 TZ. Litespeed engineering also provided some serious motors that ran track record ET's but car problems kept them out of the winners circle. There were some guys that had some MMM motors and they said that they simply took the engines off their 1/8th scale cars and like you said, they coulda had the mack daddy drag mod and didn't want us/others to know.

We are 132' drag racers ONLY and use 50-60% nitro on 5-8% oil range. I can care less about fuel milage as it just needs to go from A to B as quick as it can. The record for my Pro-Mod class is 1.604 seconds @84 MPH from a stand still to 132'. THAT is flying and we ALL are trying to be the first to go 1.5's. Basically I am interested in a MMM engine but wanted feedback as well.

Hoboshop, I wouldn't bet anything until it has proven itself. I cannot tell you how many times we have heard such promises/bets that never hold true. It aint all in the motor that makes a great pass, you know that.

Here's my Pro-Mod that uses dual turbo plugs.....one hot and one cold.
Hey I was looking to get into drag racing as well this year, hows your gearing? really close, short? i would try to go for long gears but not sure if they make much sense with the 132ft. any advise?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by staikosn1
Grinder
Did you ever modified an RB classico 9??
How you compare the stock engine and the modified??
thank you!
Yes, it is a good engine. After modification the engine has a lot more top end, and still very crisp bottom end. Very good for the $. It does not have the power of the newer high end on road engines though.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by VA_Racer
Uriah, do you have any connecting rods for the 353 08 in stock? Also the wrist pin and clips. Thanks
Yes.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Yes. I have both INS boxes. They are listed under pipes, and accessories.
Can some knows, what is the advantage in using, the INS Box Filter

RCPANAMA
Old 02-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Can some knows, what is the advantage in using, the INS Box Filter

RCPANAMA
well as far as i know you lose abit of power but it reduces the noise of the engine

Last edited by ugglasdav; 02-06-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Old 02-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ugglasdav
well as far as i know you lose abit of power but it reducesthe noise of the engine

OK Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.