R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 11-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #2401
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggDogg33 View Post
Whats up? Uriah this is Diron the guy is talking about the rbr3mm i had u tune for me at the nats in ohio, but it does has the wrong pipe, it has a megga2601 but not sure but i know its for picco base,engine and I know the motor is fine im also curious about what fuel hes running, i never had a problem with it and it was awesome!!!!! please help this guy out for me and thanks!!!!!
What's up? I spoke with him today. We will have him flying in no time.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:16 PM   #2402
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Hey guys I know that this isn't my area to come in and chat but I do have to say Uriah does a bang up job on my motors.

Of course I am an off-roader but man my car flys with his motors strapped up. I am currently running his MMM RB B9 and that thing is a monster. I am running a 6mm restrictor and the motor is still almost too much. I love the fact that Uriah has provided me with another 10+minute motor. Thanks bro I appreciate it.

Marcus Black

Thank you sir.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:59 PM   #2403
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

GRINDER, just ordered the pipe and header combo. there were two different nova 7 plugs c7tc or c7tf,not sure which one. and i could not find the header gaskets.i wrote in the notes,if you need to you can call my cell.i left it in the notes. thanks alot,eric.

DIRON,i really think a piece of header gasket is jamed in the pipe some how.cause the car would run fine for a min and then it sounded like someone held their finger over the stinger.i hope the new pipe will solve my problem.cya eric
kromie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #2404
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BiggDogg33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
What's up? I spoke with him today. We will have him flying in no time.
Thanks uriah just trying to help a few guys out and get them to start running your monster motors, and let them see how promising ur work does to the engines,but once he get that exhaust combo he will see the results of a well oiled machine. oh eric u will be fine for sure and dont be surprised about the speed and response ITS THE REAL DEAL!!!!! talk 2 ya soon and uriah they want the short filament novarrossi plugs but not sure if they should run cold or medium temp because of the weather!!!!! Diron
BiggDogg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM   #2405
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to BiggDogg33
Default message needing answering!!!!

You have PM!!!!
BiggDogg33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:45 PM   #2406
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Uriah traveling!

Uriah is in Houston this weekend at the new Worlds track for Gulf Coast Grand Prix. Hopefully he will answer your Pm's in a timely manner. He will be back on Monday.
Team Gravity
bighurt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:08 PM   #2407
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Michael_T

Uriah or others,

Have you ever run the 7-fin Novarossi manifold on your motors before?
I am toying with the idea of running this longer manifold on very short tracks to improve the bottom end. Have you played around with this, and what are your thoughts? I have only ever run the 5-fin manifold with my motors, but instead of spending the $$$ on a new pipe set to suit bottom end, a cheaper alternative could be just a longer manifold?

Current gear is a Murnan RBM3 and Novarossi 2652 pipe.

Thanks.

Michael.

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
Michael_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #2408
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarossi View Post
Uriah or others,

I am toying with the idea of running this longer manifold on very short tracks to improve the bottom end. Have you played around with this, and what are your thoughts? I have only ever run the 5-fin manifold with my motors, but instead of spending the $$$ on a new pipe set to suit bottom end, a cheaper alternative could be just a longer manifold?

Thanks.

Michael.
I have never tried a 7 fin but I have a different opinion about short tracks.

For me, short tracks means short gearing. I twist the hell out of a motor on a short track because those high RPM's aren't sustained for very long and not as tough on the motor. Since the motor is spending most of it's time at high RPM's, I want a top end motor and pipe.

Big tracks, I like to use taller gearing (except for big races) to be easier on the motor. This tends to bog it down a bit through the infield so this is where I like a torque motor and pipe.

I know this is backward from traditional theory but it's what I have found works for me.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:33 AM   #2409
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Uriah or others,

Thanks.

Michael.
Tomahe dont waste your money on longer manifilds. Only use the short one as it generates more power overall and rpm, just buy those little pinions i told you about and you will be right. You should be asking about conical or not conical header in which case conical is the answer.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:15 AM   #2410
Tech Master

Quote:
Uriah or others,

Thanks.

Michael.
Hi. I have run the7 fin manifold on the RBM3. The long header will make the engine get to rpm faster, but will limit the peak rpm, and power output of the engine. Give it a shot, and check the laptimes vs the short header. Don't go just by feel. The long header may feel faster, but not be. The same with the short.

As stated here by Kickass, and wingracer gearing is very important. Lower gearing will also help on small tracks. Also sometimes if the traction is high setting your clutch to kill can help.
Old 11-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #2411
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey Uriah,

you have a PM

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #2412
Tech Addict

Hey,
just wanted to take a second to tell what an amazing motor I got from Uriah! I race off-road and my Dad got me a Murnan Modified Novarossi N.21BF, a couple of weeks ago to finish the season. All I can say is wow! This engine is awesome, good run times and power and is only getting better. I ran the last two races of the North Ga. Summer Nitro Series with my Murnan Modified Novarossi, and placed third and second with it in Sportsman Buggy, and it was amazing! During practice I was running 9 1/2 minutes on a tank, that's a first of all the engines I have owned, that was just awesome lol.

Here's a pic from the awards for the points, http://www.brooksphotodesign.net/Rc%.../DSC_0233.html

Uriah awesome engine, thanks so much man!

-Bo NuthinFancy91
Johnson Racing Team #94
Blue Groove R/C Apparel
Rccna Racing Team
Team Losi
NuthinFancy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:15 PM   #2413
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Uriah,
I have one of your modded Ninja R01 .21 onroad engines,what pipe set do you suggest I run with this engine.And,what percentage of nitro fuel was it meant to be run on.Thanks.
Timmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:34 PM   #2414
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmo View Post
Uriah,
I have one of your modded Ninja R01 .21 onroad engines,what pipe set do you suggest I run with this engine.And,what percentage of nitro fuel was it meant to be run on.Thanks.
Hi. Try the Novarossi 2015 with the medium conical header. The engine was meant to be run on 25% nitro. Where did you get that engine. I have not done one of those in some years. What chassis is it going in?
Old 11-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #2415
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Black

Uriah whats up buddy? Still thinking about giving onroad a shot one day soon! lol

Anyways I am back to update my MMM RB B9 offroad motor. After a little more fuel as gone threw the motor I am now pitting at the 12:30 mark. Awesome work my friend. I am going to smooth out the clutch delivery a little this weekend and back off the throttle and try for 13:30.

Thanks

Marcus