R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 12-06-2003, 12:07 AM   #226
Tech Fanatic

Looks more like its atleast a 4 stroke or even more....LOL
Barry Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 02:16 AM   #227
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry Baker
Looks more like its atleast a 4 stroke or even more....LOL
Barry ... definately nothing less than 4 stroke. Hey ... you did dethrone the King in Thailand, congrats. Guess the EP TC3 still is one kick ass car.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 07:36 AM   #228
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

what is the conrod life expectancy on the modded sirio compared to stock?. I have seen many "tuned" not modded sirios at my track that are revved on the box and the blew(conrod broke)
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:36 AM   #229
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by mtx3racer
what is the conrod life expectancy on the modded sirio compared to stock?. I have seen many "tuned" not modded sirios at my track that are revved on the box and the blew(conrod broke)
Common sense dictates that the modded one will be shorter but again that depends on how the owner abuses the engine. Maybe the guys at the track were really abusing the engines. From what I know ater speaking with Sirio owners the Sirios are decent engines.
tIANcI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 06:22 PM   #230
afm
Tech Master

Hi Grinder

Finally got my SIRIO in-line pipe and went to the track today and tested it on my Picco/Collari engine, which is a mid type conrod engine like the SIRIO(haven't broke-in my SIRIO yet). First i gave a couple of laps with my X12 outlaw pipe which is the pipe that gets that engine at it's best, registered some good times and went to the boxes and changed pipes, adjusted the carb, and.... ĦĦĦOh God!!! a lot more torque, so much i had to ease on the throtle out of the slow turns, then the engine wen't on to a mid-lag and suddenly an outrageous burst of high end, lap times were almost identical so i made a pit stop changed my first gear to a longer one and my second to a shorter one (1 tooth on both ) Then the car started to really fly, my times droped .3 to .4 seconds per lap, the top end is amazing and had enough torque to deal with the 180° turns smoothly. Definitely it is an exelent pipe that screams on the straights like a jet. It is a very long pipe, i had difficulty fitting it to my Yokomo GT4, had to cut a piece of the end were the wire support fits. It's got to be a good pipe because i've never done those times with any other pipe or engine combination. I'm sure that with my SIRIO EVO2 i'll set up a new track record. I'll keep you posted when i put the whole SIRIO combination on my Yokomo.
Hope this report was what you needed to know on the pipe.
AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 06:52 PM   #231
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Sirio Pipe

Hmmmm. I may have to give the Sirio pipe a try. As for the life of the rod in the Sirio, I have only seen one blow and that was in one of my Sirio's that had 4 gallons of 40% through it. I was testing to see how much I could give it before it went. I knew the rod was close to gone so I just pushed it to the limit and pop. I have to say the engine was pretty much worn out, but I have never seen a .12 go that fast. The modified engines do turn more revs and have more overall power but if treated kindly the engine should wear out before the rod goes.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:30 PM   #232
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Grinder,

When you mod 2 different engines, say the sirio and the novarossi, is there a big difference in the modifications you do between the two? or any of the engines? just curious
no4hitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 04:51 PM   #233
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You get those decals yet?

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 09:39 PM   #234
Tech Adept

Hello Grinder.
I have one of your RX R1 21 Onroad Novarossi Motors. I ran it in Ft. Myers And I have to Say ...You really know your motors. I have 2 other RX R1's Stock. Still in the bags I would like you to Modify for me. I just need to Contact you or get your E-mail .
1fastmugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:06 AM   #235
Tech Master

His e-mail adress is on the first page of this thread... I believe, could be wrong.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:30 AM   #236
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
His e-mail adress is on the first page of this thread... I believe, could be wrong.
I tried using that but never got a reply. I've even entered my order on line and also did not get a confirmation reply.

Maybe Grinder is already on his Christmas break !
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:34 AM   #237
Tech Prophet

Perhaps you can try to send him a PM. I think he comes in to this thread from time to time.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:36 AM   #238
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to lawndoggie Send a message via Yahoo to lawndoggie

ahh I asked this question once but had no reponse, So I'll try to ask again.
I understand that Sirio makes a small block .15 engine, can it be fitted onto 200mm GP without mod?
That would really be something heheehehee
lawndoggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:43 AM   #239
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
I tried using that but never got a reply. I've even entered my order on line and also did not get a confirmation reply.
Well, I gave 1fastmugen what he asked for... but being on here is probably as good as e-mailing grinder.

I think I e-mailed him one time, but I could understand that he was busy... I'm not in a hurry yet.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 02:46 AM   #240
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by lawndoggie
ahh I asked this question once but had no reponse, So I'll try to ask again.
I understand that Sirio makes a small block .15 engine, can it be fitted onto 200mm GP without mod?
That would really be something heheehehee
Which Sirio .15 model is this? If it's anything like the RB V15, then you can put the engine in your 200 mm Nitro TC without any problems or mods.

Yes it would be powerful but what's the point of having a .15 engine when it would be illegal in the first place?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote