R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 09-29-2009, 06:06 AM   #2356
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
Not bad big jeff how are you. I hope your still going to the open.
Oh Yea already booked !
Good weather for fishing lows in the mid 50's
Kevin Hutchinson
Big Jeff BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:14 PM   #2357
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jeff BBQ View Post
Oh Yea already booked !
Good weather for fishing lows in the mid 50's
is it flooded where your house is
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #2358
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2 View Post
Gentlemen,

most of the fast guys in our series run the Max XL9TQ. I would rather like to run a Murnan Nova - So which one is on the same level? Has anyone had a change to compare a Murnan vs. that Max engine?

Thanks a lot, Stefan
I would suggest the Murnan Modified 35+21, or the MM Flash. The MMRBC9 is very similar to the 35+21. It also runs very good. They are all very fast. I have not dyno tested the TQ yet. Maybe someone who has had both can chime in.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #2359
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAKid View Post
is it flooded where your house is
There was a river running through the yard, but no flooding inside here. Two miles down the road was under water for a few days though.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #2360
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2 View Post
No small crank pin on the Cordoba - Only the 359 has the small one (which gave me no issues over 5 gallons btw.)
The Cordoba does have a smaller crankpin. Just about .25mm. Just enough so you have to buy the Cordoba rod. The 359 had an even smaller crankpin than the Cordoba. I don't have one here, but I am pretty sure the 359 rod was .25mm smaller than the Cordoba rod.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:43 PM   #2361
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

That's what I thought.

5mm for most novas.

4.75 for Cordoba

4.5 for 359.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:42 AM   #2362
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
There was a river running through the yard, but no flooding inside here. Two miles down the road was under water for a few days though.
cool man hope all is well hows the house been. give us a call.
Mom & Dad
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #2363
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi Uriah,

what's going on? well our season hasn't started yet but since the weather is getting nicer and colder, we had a fun Offroad race last friday, it also served to test a new race managment system for the upcoming season.

All the Pro guys attened the race with different car brands and engines, the track was very technical and tight with sandy surface, i changed few things on my MP9 and tuned my Murnan Modified SIIM to 220F (enough for such a tight track) happy to let you know that i TQed the quals by hitting the 17 laps mark (the only 17 laps in the Qual) and winning the Amain with no problems

thanks for you great Modification, God bless Uriah

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #2364
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
The Cordoba does have a smaller crankpin. Just about .25mm. Just enough so you have to buy the Cordoba rod. The 359 had an even smaller crankpin than the Cordoba. I don't have one here, but I am pretty sure the 359 rod was .25mm smaller than the Cordoba rod.

@Grinder

Oh, you got me on this one... I havn't even recognized this until yet! Thanks for the information.

By the way: What is your experience with Novarossi glow plugs? I am getting more and more issues with them. They either dont glow very well right from the beginning or die after a long run. Could you please recommend any alternatives? Direct replacements without the need of buying a new underhead?

Thanks again, Stefan
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 07:38 PM   #2365
Tech Adept

Modified engines ...
What ever happened to just running stock and driving with skill?
Twisted_Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #2366
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Metal View Post
Modified engines ...
Look at any other form of motor racing and show me where "stock" is actually "stock". Besides, ROAR makes the rules so why don't you complain to them instead of on this thread? Seems to be personally motivated.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #2367
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
Look at any other form of motor racing and show me where "stock" is actually "stock". Besides, ROAR makes the rules so why don't you complain to them instead of on this thread? Seems to be personally motivated.
With all due respect I wouldn't waste my time making it personal. I didn't consider it complaining either, yet I just stated how I felt and if you or anyone else doesn't like it oh well get over it... To me it seems like much attention is on modified engines than the actual skill of the driver itself to my interpretation and I've been in the hobby for sometime now. I feel a motor alone no matter how many times you buzz it with a electric vibrator it won't win a race if you can't drive it around a track worth a damn.
Twisted_Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #2368
Tech Master

Quote:
With all due respect I wouldn't waste my time making it personal. I didn't consider it complaining either, yet I just stated how I felt and if you or anyone else doesn't like it oh well get over it... To me it seems like much attention is on modified engines than the actual skill of the driver itself to my interpretation and I've been in the hobby for sometime now. I feel a motor alone no matter how many times you buzz it with a electric vibrator it won't win a race if you can't drive it around a track worth a damn.
Well, if you bothered to read through this thread (which I doubt you did) you would see that Murnan modifies to increase mileage, make the motor easier to tune, ect. You can be the best driver in the world but if guys are making 5.5 min. and you're only making 4.5, you will lose.
Also, if you raced somewhere that considers this a sport instead of a hobby, you would understand it. There really is no point putting a modified motor in your car if you're just going to bash it around a parking lot with the local kids.

MINO Racing

Last edited by JetMD; 10-07-2009 at 11:19 AM.
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:21 AM   #2369
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Modified engines ...
hello there,

what about having both of them?? driving skills and a rocket to insure your win? in any motorsport, RC, real drag racing or bikes, you won't be able to compete in higher levels unless you run modified engines,

i started running modified engines a year ago (Murnan Modified) and i dont think ill ever run a stock engine again, why run stock when you can get more power down the straight line, more fuel and a motor that's easier to tune??

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #2370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
hello there,

what about having both of them?? driving skills and a rocket to insure your win? in any motorsport, RC, real drag racing or bikes, you won't be able to compete in higher levels unless you run modified engines,

i started running modified engines a year ago (Murnan Modified) and i dont think ill ever run a stock engine again, why run stock when you can get more power down the straight line, more fuel and a motor that's easier to tune??

cheers

Ali
I may be wrong, but to me (I have stock 35+21 and MM 35+21's for my MRX-4X) that the top speed is a little better, but the pull out of the corners is much better. To use this you have to drive better and have a good set up in the car. So in short to get the most of of the motor, you have to be a good driver. I also agree that they are easy to tune and hold it very well.
www.darksidems.com www.igthobbies.com www.IGT8.com
Grenade10 is offline   Reply With Quote