R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #2311
Tech Regular
 
musti72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Turkey
Posts: 442
Default

Ill definitely give it a try next season, if my race schedule goes as I planned.

Which brands of fuel do you use with success? Only some of the brands are availible in our country.(Mugen, Merlin, Byron, Morgan, and some other poor brands.)

Is this engine T9 based or R3 based? First you wrote R3, and than you changed it as T9 on the website.

Which pipe-manifolt combinations work best on this motor?

Thanks for your replies, and as I heard from other people, your comments shouldnt be for selling stuff... I want to believe.
__________________
Mustafa Alp

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #2312
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
I like the RBM3 better due to the increased power, increased runtime, increased crankpin, and rod durability.
Cool mate, sounds like a great project for next years WC

i still have my M353R for this season, i only raced it once and then cleaned it, oiled it and back into the bag. 1 race = 1 National champioship

cheers

Ali
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #2313
Tech Addict
 
KyoshokiddT.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: st james city
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musti72 View Post
Ill definitely give it a try next season, if my race schedule goes as I planned.

Which brands of fuel do you use with success? Only some of the brands are availible in our country.(Mugen, Merlin, Byron, Morgan, and some other poor brands.)

Is this engine T9 based or R3 based? First you wrote R3, and than you changed it as T9 on the website.

Which pipe-manifolt combinations work best on this motor?

Thanks for your replies, and as I heard from other people, your comments shouldnt be for selling stuff... I want to believe.

i have run byrons and j-tech and i am pretty sure uriah uses rocket science and j-tech my rb m3 was really fast ojn 16% and run time is outstanding.
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #2314
Tech Addict
 
RevMaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cebu
Posts: 687
Send a message via MSN to RevMaxx
Default

hi Uriah,

in the break-in "idle method", it suggests

-to run rich idle at approximately 7000rpm
-run the car at the track at approximately 14000rpm

any suggestion on how an average joe can hit the rpm mark?
i understand it doesn't necessarily mean hit it exactly right but i don't wanna overdo things especially at break-in. when at the throttle, i just don't have any idea what rpm i'm running

t-i-a
RevMaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #2315
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevMaxx View Post
hi Uriah,

in the break-in "idle method", it suggests

-to run rich idle at approximately 7000rpm
-run the car at the track at approximately 14000rpm

any suggestion on how an average joe can hit the rpm mark?
i understand it doesn't necessarily mean hit it exactly right but i don't wanna overdo things especially at break-in. when at the throttle, i just don't have any idea what rpm i'm running

t-i-a
Hi. When the engine is idling at a normal idle, the engine will be around 6,000rpm.

During break in my clutch engages just after idle. At 14,000rpm my car will be moving less than 5 mph with lots of smoke at full throttle.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #2316
Tech Addict
 
c1 racin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Gulfport, MS
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin
Default

Grinder ... PM 2 ya ...
__________________
NeXusRacing.com
MurnanModified.com
MobileRCRacing.com
c1 racin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:52 AM   #2317
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hey Uriah,

Congrats on making the A main in the 1/10 roar nats way to go man, i was following you through Liverc.com, i saw you were 5th/6th up to 50 minutes from the race time, then you started loosing positions, what happened man?? anyways, congrats again, man making the A main is just amazing, tell us how the NT1 since its your first major event with it?

cheers

Ali

P.S. i recieved the 2 engines today, they look sweet
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:27 PM   #2318
Tech Regular
 
bighurt98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Anderson, SC
Posts: 468
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Uriah A-main!

He had moved up to 6th and was solid at that point. Thought he had a glitch but he was loosing the front belt. At 53 min in, the front belt broke and he was done. Still, he felt great about running so well, but always have to be a little disappointed for not finishing. Fuel mileage was excellent, 5.10 was very solid and 5.20 was possible. We kept him safe after the first tank at 5.12. We had time to play with after that.
__________________
Serpent 748/Matrix Tires/Novarossi
Serpent America/Desoto Racing
Murnan Modified Motors
Team Gravity
bighurt98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:33 PM   #2319
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
Hey Uriah,

Congrats on making the A main in the 1/10 roar nats way to go man, i was following you through Liverc.com, i saw you were 5th/6th up to 50 minutes from the race time, then you started loosing positions, what happened man?? anyways, congrats again, man making the A main is just amazing, tell us how the NT1 since its your first major event with it?

cheers

Ali

P.S. i recieved the 2 engines today, they look sweet
Hi Ali. I uploaded a race report to my website. You can check it out at

www.murnanmodified.com

Congratulations to my team drivers that made the A main.

Bobby Flack
Scotty Gray
Chrus Doseck
Tommy Desantis
Myself
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #2320
Tech Master
 
KWT-NITRO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kuwait
Posts: 1,616
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Hey Uriah,

man 5 cars in the Amain run Murnan Modified engines thats a record mate,
congrats to you and all your team drivers again.

cheers

Ali
__________________
Team Kuwait, Team Terribles, www.rccck.org
Kuwait National Champion
FEMCA Truggy Finalist & FEMCA Buggy Semi-Finalist
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
KWT-NITRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #2321
Tech Regular
 
wizby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: indiana
Posts: 487
Default

It was great to finaly meet you sunday. Especially after watching your run to bump up to the final. Great driving. And thanks for the decals and manifold.
__________________
XRAY NT1 2014 NOVA KEEPON DX3R
MIKE PARKER PRESIDENT
NORTHERN INDIANA TEAM RACING ORG. MIDWEST SERIES TEAM DIRECTOR
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #2322
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 7,914
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Congrats Uriah,Tommy,Flack & the rest of the Murnan Team nice showing @ the 2009 Nationals
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #2323
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizby View Post
It was great to finaly meet you sunday. Especially after watching your run to bump up to the final. Great driving. And thanks for the decals and manifold.
It was nice to meet you too. It is always nice to put a face with a name.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #2324
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
Hey Uriah,

man 5 cars in the Amain run Murnan Modified engines thats a record mate,
congrats to you and all your team drivers again.

cheers

Ali
Yes, that is a record for us. We were all running the RBM3 in the X-RAY NT-1 chassis. It is amazing how much power you can lay down with the NT1. The car is dialed.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #2325
Tech Adept
 
RCAKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
Yes, that is a record for us. We were all running the RBM3 in the X-RAY NT-1 chassis. It is amazing how much power you can lay down with the NT1. The car is dialed.
My Dad and I would like to thank Uriah Murnan for the incredible power this weekend. powering my Nt1 to the The final. the new Rb M3 ran flawless and the fuel mileage was outstanding running well over 5.00 and sacrificing no power. Thank you Uriah

Tommy D
__________________
sponsors
Murnan Modified Motors- RbM3
Rc America- Nt1
Mom & Dad

Last edited by RCAKid; 09-10-2009 at 07:23 PM.
RCAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0