R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #2266
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro-Racer* View Post
hey uriah have you tryied the novarossi 2652 or the 3501 tuned pipes with the rbm3 and if so what are the ups and downs??
Hi. I have tried the 3501. The 3501 makes the engine a little slower, and hotter than the 2601 which it resmebles. The 3501 has one baffle hole instead of 5 in the 2601. The pipe gets better mileage, but it is hardly worth the power loss to me. I just was not feeling it on the track at all.

I have had the 2652 on backorder since it came out. The US importer has not brought them in even at many requests. It seems I may never get to try one.

If the 2652 is to the 2630 what the 3501 is to the 2601 which I am pretty sure it is. That means the new pipes are going to get better fuel mileage, at the expense of some power. Maybe worth it at some tracks, if you are running out of fuel.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #2267
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,544
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default RB CIRCUIT9

any reports on that new c9 motor from rb? that looks like a contender? have you run one in and see how it stacks up? keep me posted on this, as i might be findng my way back home to RB..

tommy
__________________
Trying my hand at electric in off season...TLR Sct 2.0---Trinity D4 10.5---HobbyWing 120 amp Black Edition---Trinity the "Brick"--Panther tires--Savox
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #2268
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 63
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best Engine

Hey Grinder, whatdo you consider the best engine in your aresenal for national level racing at the moment? 353-09 or RB, also are you still doing your own version of the 09, much appreciated as i would like to place an order soon. :
warpspeed57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM   #2269
Tech Fanatic
 
LowBoost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 807
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpspeed57 View Post
Hey Grinder, what do you consider the best engine in your aresenal for national level racing at the moment? 353-09 or RB, also are you still doing your own version of the 09, much appreciated as i would like to place an order soon. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder
Hi. I would suggest the RBM3. It has more power, and great fuel economy. I suggest the Novarossi 2601, or 2630 with the medium header.

Thanks, Uriah
Here you go...
LowBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #2270
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 46
Thumbs up

2nd place at Turkish nationals 2nd leg with my m353r.

Changed conrod after 5 liters of %16 nitro fuel. There was some play.

After almost 2 gallons of fuel, bearings, sleeve, crankshaft, everything is ok. It is the most reliable engine I have ever used. Thanks Uriah.
1nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #2271
Tech Elite
 
Phil Trotta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,313
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hello grinder ...........i have an rb c5 that runs well can i install a plus35 21 crank in this motor leaving the stock sleeve and piston.....the plus crank is epoxied and has work the stock crank is just that stock
__________________
PHIL TROTTA
ROCHE USA.....TQ WIRE.....XENON USA.....DESOTO RACING.....HOBBY HEROES.....FORDHAM HOBBIES.....
360V2 RACEWAY.....
Phil Trotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 12:39 AM   #2272
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 314
Default

Hi Uriah,

I'm looking at some modified engines from your website and got some questions:

- Do you have enough experience with the Flash to recommend it? This little sucker carries a hefty price tag and I heard rumours about european team drivers who switched back to the 359 (of course with the Flash head...) because they had issues with the shaft not fitting into the case (warped case, missaligned bearings, etc.)

- Talking about the older Nova mills: What should be my engine of choice for tracks which require a lot of torque (flat out sweepers leading onto 180feet straights)? The 359 or the Cordoba? Mileage is also important, with the right tune and pipe I can make slightly over 5mins on our tracks here. Could I consider the 35+21 as well

- Pricing of the Cordoba: You offer the unmodified Cordoba for 499$ and the modified for 699$. Normally your custom modification goes for 150$. Any plans to alter the price of the modified Cordoba soon?

Thanks a lot foor looking into this and very best regards,

Stefan
fulcrum2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:10 AM   #2273
Tech Adept
 
djmachinist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Katy, Texas
Posts: 147
Default

Grinder,

Could you compare the performance difference between the 35+21, the Cordoba 21 and the Flash 21? I am pleased with the Murnan/Flash 21. It has
good bottom, but great mid-range and top-end. Also maybe a few words
about the Picco P9 Evo3.

What would you reccomend for a "Best bang for the Buck practice and club
race engine"?

Thanks,
Dale
djmachinist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 09:23 PM   #2274
Tech Master
 
grub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,021
Default

thank you uriah on another profisional and fast service
very impressed with the look at the new rb now time to break it in
__________________
This is my xray nt1!
There are many other xray nt1's like it, but this one is mine!
Without my xray nt1,I am nothing!
Without me, my xray nt1 is nothing!
pop corn anyone or maybe some fairy floss
grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #2275
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBlazin View Post
any reports on that new c9 motor from rb? that looks like a contender? have you run one in and see how it stacks up? keep me posted on this, as i might be findng my way back home to RB..

tommy
Hi. I have done a lot of testing with the C9. It is a very fast engine. I can compare it very closely to the 35+21 insice. The performance is very similar to the 35+21.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:17 AM   #2276
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by warpspeed57 View Post
Hey Grinder, whatdo you consider the best engine in your aresenal for national level racing at the moment? 353-09 or RB, also are you still doing your own version of the 09, much appreciated as i would like to place an order soon. :
The RBM3 is just plain wicked.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:19 AM   #2277
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nsane View Post
2nd place at Turkish nationals 2nd leg with my m353r.

Changed conrod after 5 liters of %16 nitro fuel. There was some play.

After almost 2 gallons of fuel, bearings, sleeve, crankshaft, everything is ok. It is the most reliable engine I have ever used. Thanks Uriah.
Great job racing. Keep it up.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #2278
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACK HAMMER View Post
hello grinder ...........i have an rb c5 that runs well can i install a plus35 21 crank in this motor leaving the stock sleeve and piston.....the plus crank is epoxied and has work the stock crank is just that stock
Hi. The 35+21 crankshaft will not fit into the C5 Case. The 35+21 uses a 14.5mm crankshaft. The C5 uses a 14mm crankshaft. You could turn the 14.5 down to 14.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:32 AM   #2279
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum2 View Post
Hi Uriah,

I'm looking at some modified engines from your website and got some questions:

- Do you have enough experience with the Flash to recommend it? This little sucker carries a hefty price tag and I heard rumours about european team drivers who switched back to the 359 (of course with the Flash head...) because they had issues with the shaft not fitting into the case (warped case, missaligned bearings, etc.)

- Talking about the older Nova mills: What should be my engine of choice for tracks which require a lot of torque (flat out sweepers leading onto 180feet straights)? The 359 or the Cordoba? Mileage is also important, with the right tune and pipe I can make slightly over 5mins on our tracks here. Could I consider the 35+21 as well

- Pricing of the Cordoba: You offer the unmodified Cordoba for 499$ and the modified for 699$. Normally your custom modification goes for 150$. Any plans to alter the price of the modified Cordoba soon?

Thanks a lot foor looking into this and very best regards,

Stefan
Hi. I have not had any problems with the Flash. The price if the Flash is too high. I would say the Flash is slightly faster than the 35+21. I guess it is up to the customer do decide if they want to spend the extra dough for it. I will run the modified 35+21 for the money. I do not think the Flash has enough extra speed to warrant the increase in price. Especially if you suck a defective glowplug through one. The Flash is definitely better than the 359.

For the short tracks that require lots of torque, I go with the 35+21. The MM 35+21, and MM Cordoba perform very close to the same.

The pricing has been updated.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:37 AM   #2280
Tech Master
 
Grinder's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,847
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmachinist View Post
Grinder,

Could you compare the performance difference between the 35+21, the Cordoba 21 and the Flash 21? I am pleased with the Murnan/Flash 21. It has
good bottom, but great mid-range and top-end. Also maybe a few words
about the Picco P9 Evo3.

What would you reccomend for a "Best bang for the Buck practice and club
race engine"?

Thanks,
Dale
The stock 35+21 has more top end, and less bottom end than the Cordoba engine. Modified they perform the same.

The Flash has more midrange, and more peak HP than the 35+21, and Cordoba. The Flash has slightly less torque than the 35+21, but more peak HP.

The best bang for the $ is the Picco P9R, and the 35+21. The Picco is cheaper, but it will not last like the Novarossi. The Novarossi is also easier to tune when near the performance limit.
__________________
www.murnanmodified.com
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MURNAN MODIFIED PLUS 21-7BT tmperformance1 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-11-2008 01:00 PM
MRX-4R,murnan modified 35+21 ltrdude R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-11-2007 03:29 AM
Ninja TA01 Murnan Modified,OS TZ Modified GMartinez R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 31 08-20-2007 09:40 PM
Murnan Modified horizon644 Nitro On-Road 1 02-06-2007 09:32 PM
Murnan Modified Motors AlanLim Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 1 04-20-2004 12:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0