Community
Wiki Posts
Search

mach .28 tunning problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default mach .28 tunning problems

hi my mate bought a hyper .28 recently from ebay and we have had a hell of a time trying to get it running sweet. the car has plenty of commpression.and he is running it on tornado 20% fuel.the hsn is running fine no problem there in tunning.the problem is is the tickover. there are 2 screws either side of the carb one on the throttle slider and one on the opposite side which i think is the lsn. the factory settings are flush with the lsn and the other one on the other side is 2 1/2 turns out. when it is set like this. you can run the car let it stop and the tickover is very high for a few seconds then settles down. so i tried leaning the lsn a little but the car just bogs as soon as the throttle is applied and still it takes the idle a while to settle down.firstly i dont know what the other needle is on the oppasite side of the lsn.has anyone had this problem before did they get sorted if so how

any help would be much appreciated chris
Old 03-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

where the throttle linkage connects to the carb the is a screw there, that is lsn. the one oppisite of the idle screw would be a mid range needle. im not 100% that the mach has a 3 needle carb but from what you described that what it sounds like. a pic would help out alot of the needle screws and the idle screw to really be able to help you out. it can be decieving that screw where the linkage connects may look like it is what holds that part onto the carb but it is the lsn.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Initiate

hi mate thanks for the response. sorry no pictures as my mate lives a few miles away. i have got confused with the needles yes the one neerest the throttle linkage is the lsn and the one on the oposite side is the mid range needle. ive searched for info on this and most people say dont touch the mid range needle (to late now but was probably adjusted before he got it anyway). so the manual says it should be flush with the body and the lsn 2 1/2 turns out. how exact do you need to be on getting the mid range needle set up and how do you tune it

thanks chris