R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   IDM Picco (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/149735-idm-picco.html)

jag 02-14-2007 06:47 PM

IDM Picco

Has anybody tried one of these yet?

qcrc 02-14-2007 07:57 PM

I have not tried one yet. If they are as good as I've heard that they are it is going to be in my car for the summer.

jag 02-15-2007 07:16 PM

I just picked one up today. I will let you know what I think. A friend is running one and likes it.

isuzuguy 02-16-2007 05:17 AM

idm

can you post some pictures of the motor . i don't even know what they look like .thks :D

jag 02-16-2007 06:23 AM

This is what it looks like... except they have the carb on backwards. :weird:
http://www.topcar-radiomodelismo.com/motores_picco.htm

I will take some pics of mine when I get a chance.

afm 02-16-2007 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by isuzuguy
can you post some pictures of the motor . i don't even know what they look like .thks :D

You can look at inside pictures of Picco engines, the Evo2 Edo Modified and the IDM modified here

http://www.competmodels.com/

just click on the Picco logo and browse all models

AFM

rmdhawaii 02-16-2007 10:11 AM

Is this considered a mod motor (like EB Mods) or is it a designer motor?

Jim ~ Are you going to run the stock carb?

afm 02-16-2007 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Is this considered a mod motor (like EB Mods) or is it a designer motor?

Ok Lets see if this makes sense

Picco makes the latest Picco .12 engine in several fashions.

Original Picco:
Picco Evo2
Picco Evo2 Edoardo Picco Modified (Factory Mod called Edo Evo2)

What you would call designer, or made under specs:
IDM Evo2
LRP Spec3
Ofna JLR Red Dot
Mega Zx DsII

Moded or Tuned:
Solaroli Tuned (Italy)...no sure if it's allready a designer engine right now
WP Tuned (Italy)
MR Tuned (Spain)
Maxy Modified (USA)

There could be others, but this is what I know so far, and all of them are very powerfull and competent engines which incorporate new lighter cranks, new carb, new conrod, new piston/ sleeve, and new head button...not sure thow on the Mega DSII or LRP...haven't seen their insides.
I Have the OFNA JRL and the Picco Edo and they rock at par with any top engine on the market today.

AFM

jag 02-16-2007 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by afm
Ok Lets see if this makes sense

Picco makes the latest Picco .12 engine in several fashions.

Original Picco:
Picco Evo2
Picco Evo2 Edoardo Picco Modified (Factory Mod called Edo Evo2)

What you would call designer, or made under specs:
IDM Evo2
LRP Spec3
Ofna JLR Red Dot
Mega Zx DsII

Moded or Tuned:
Solaroli Tuned (Italy)...no sure if it's allready a designer engine right now
WP Tuned (Italy)
MR Tuned (Spain)
Maxy Modified (USA)

There could be others, but this is what I know so far, and all of them are very powerfull and competent engines which incorporate new lighter cranks, new carb, new conrod, new piston/ sleeve, and new head button...not sure thow on the Mega DSII or LRP...haven't seen their insides.
I Have the OFNA JRL and the Picco Edo and they rock at par with any top engine on the market today.

AFM

I agree with what you stated but I think I would put the IDM in both the "designer" and "modded" because some of the crank work is done by hand while the rest of the engine is manufactured to ID's specs.

Do you agree?

jag 02-16-2007 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

I'm going to start with the stock carb and see how it goes. If I don't like it, I will use a Novarossi carb.

I'm going to pull it apart tonight, clean it and have a good look at it. :sneaky:

afm 02-16-2007 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by jag
I agree with what you stated but I think I would put the IDM in both the "designer" and "modded" because some of the crank work is done by hand while the rest of the engine is manufactured to ID's specs.

Do you agree?

Agreed.

The carb works fine...very stable...

Break it in very rich, almost at factory settings with Nš 6 glow plug...one tank at idle and then 25 minutes at the track...
After break in use Picco or Mega Nš 7 glow plug and set your low end needle at about 8 turns out and your high end at about 5 turns out...it takes several laps to warm up before you touch any needle for fine tuning from there...

Enjoy
AFM

carletto 02-16-2007 01:45 PM

:lol: My engine...
www.wpengines.com
....stay tuned.....
carlo cardinale

afm 02-16-2007 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by carletto
:lol: My engine...
www.wpengines.com
....stay tuned.....
carlo cardinale

Ciao Carletto

How does your WP Picco compare with the Edo?? The backplate indentation not only reduces the possibilty of conrod friction, but it also increments crankcase volume...more top end or more low end???

Salutti
AFM

rmdhawaii 02-16-2007 02:08 PM

Thanks guys. As always, great info. :)

gunna do 02-16-2007 03:22 PM

Hi guy's i run the picco evo2 solari tuned 12 motor,it took a little while to run in but now this engine is a weapon and it holds it's own with all the top brand engines,it loves to run between 100-110c with a 7plug