Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
RB Speedline Matrix 12 for the cooling fins to break off >

RB Speedline Matrix 12 for the cooling fins to break off

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB Speedline Matrix 12 for the cooling fins to break off

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default RB Speedline Matrix 12 for the cooling fins to break off

Hello
Is it common for the RB Speedline Matrix 12 for the cooling fins to break off?
The first one broke off around two race meetings ago it broke off the forth cooling fin from the bottom.
Tonight while I was doing my maintenance on my car I noticed that it had broken another cooling fin up fifth one from the bottom.
I have had no major accidents on the track. I’m very particular on doing my maintenance on all my cars after every race meeting.
In my collection I have a RB C6BB & RB C6BT and I have never had a problem with these engines. I do relies that they are different in size and build.
But I would not think that the RB Speedline Matrix 12 would have a problem.
If anybody could help on this that would be great. Or should I be doing something special to this motor?
I’m about to buy another RB 12 but just would like to know why this is happening.
At our club there is a few guy’s that have had the same problem with the Matrix 12 cooling fins.

Thank you very much for your help & knowledge

Old 07-30-2008, 01:19 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I broke one of the fins on my matrix motor not long ago. Probably after about 5-6 meetings with the motor. I think maybe perhaps this is a weak point with the matrix engine with hearing others have broken fins also. RB seem to have now discontinued this motor as cannot find it on their website.
Old 07-30-2008, 04:15 AM
Tech Initiate

as far as I know the rb speedline is Sirio based engine. The other engines they have are nova based engines. Correct me if I am wrong.
Maybe the cooloing head of matrix is different that the other engines.
I own an RB R3 and never had any problems.