Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
M.Collari Sirio TRP I,,, Does anyone recommend it? >

M.Collari Sirio TRP I,,, Does anyone recommend it?

M.Collari Sirio TRP I,,, Does anyone recommend it?

Old 01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default M.Collari Sirio TRP I,,, Does anyone recommend it?

I was looking into buying this engine, but I was also wondering if anyone can give me any feedback on it from experience. Although I don't know why I can not find it anywhere, I just hope it's not too pricy or a bad overall performer.

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....ducts_id=10451

Last edited by nitro_moe; 01-15-2007 at 02:28 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I ran that engine all last season...I thought it was very good.
Price isn't bad either.

Doug
Old 01-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

First I'd like to thank you for the reply. I almost gave up for an answer. Any pros and cons you'd like to share? For instance how did you find the engine's performance compared to the newer Sirios and Novas?
Old 01-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

I really couldn't give any comparisons.
I would say the engine had plenty of power down the straight away and didn't seem to give up anything out of the turns.

I did not have any issues with parts breaking either. I really believe the hype over broken connecting rods and cranks is a bunch of BS. An engine is only going to be as good as the person tuning it.

I think the motor is good for the money, it is "moded" but not to the point that is finiky.

Doug
Old 01-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Adept

I hope I'm not asking too much,, but would you happen to have any videos of your car running with the engine??? I'd really like to see what it's like while running.

One thing I still can't understand,, why can't I find any info on this engine?? No reviews, articles, or tests. The only place that stocks this engine is rc mushroom and they only have one left. Isn't this engine carrying Collari's name and supposed to be a modified Sirio?? Even Sirio don't have any info regarding it..
Old 01-22-2007, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, I do not have any video.

I am not so sure the motor is being made any more.
It seems that Collari is making alot of .21 buggy and now the new .21 onroad engines.

I picked up my engine from stormer hobbies and Werks Racing sold them as well. Now neither store shows them and sells only the .21's.

I think Sirio has made a few newer models since this motor was released. I liked the Sirio motors box stock I had a stock EVO2 motor and thought it was really good.

Ths new STI motors from Sirio seem to be the big rage these days. Sorry I am not more help.

Doug
Old 01-22-2007, 11:39 PM
Tech Initiate

It's the engine I used two years ago. I love it but as there're many other cheaper choices, so I wouldn't recommend it as part supply of this engine may be an issue now ...
Currently I found OS TZ12 & Team Orion CRF the best value but if you pick CRF, do NOT buy the CRF clutch set cos it may not fit other clutch parts of your car kit!
Old 01-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

performance wise,, can you compare it to the old evo 2 from Sirio?? Do you think that parts will soon be scarce for this engine??
Old 01-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Performancewise I would say M Collari is better than evo 2 but not evo 2 WC edition; however M Collari is more durable than evo 2 WC edition cos the crankshaft of evo 2 WC is very weak ...
I live in HK & it's hard to find evo 2 parts here & I have to be very lucky to find parts for M Collari ...