Overreving!

Old 12-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Exclamation Overreving!

Hey guys quick question. My engine seems to be overreving after I come off full throttle to the point where it feels like my servo is not responding but it is. I added a couple of rubberbands to the carb and it still is giving me problems. Could it be that my engine is out of tune? low end to rich? Has anyone ever have this problem? What to do, I can't live
Old 12-13-2006, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

bottom end and top end too leann? sounds like it dude. heh. if u put rubberbands the slide carb should close immediately, causing a sudden drop in revs. heh. sounds very much like a very lean bottom end.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Make sure that the screw that stops the slide for the carb at idle is not screwed in to far and not letting the carb close down enough.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
Make sure that the screw that stops the slide for the carb at idle is not screwed in to far and not letting the carb close down enough.
Senyor, yup check that idle screw., and try cleaning your carb again., That incident lost me a good race 3 weekx ago.,My car lost control but back in the pits all was well. We found out my carby was dirty. hehehe!! bad -bad,,my bad.