Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Go Tech Engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Mark, Of course everthiing is alright, the only thing that isnt is my damn Futaba 9350 Throttle Servo....Idiot thing
Old 07-26-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy
Nice work.

Just for interest. Do anyone know of any racer that has popped a GO. What is the max lifespan from the GO?
I've got 4 gallons of hard racing on my 7 port,and it still has plenty of compression. If all goes well,I should get another 3-4 gallons out of it,if not more. I make sure my piston is at BDC after every run and use after run oil at the end of the race day.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Shop Owner

Originally Posted by fastbanshee
Who in the states has these motore in stock?
rc-toro.com starts carrying GO Tech engine
Old 07-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Rc-toro Is importing Go Tech engines from outside the U.S., which means their GO engines will not be correctly country stamped and will not be eligible for any type of warranty or contingency.

Buyer beware
Old 07-28-2007, 05:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rocket42
Rc-toro Is importing Go Tech engines from outside the U.S., which means their GO engines will not be correctly country stamped and will not be eligible for any type of warranty or contingency.

Buyer beware
Maybe he gives his own....?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Ehhhhh. I get secondi placed at racea thisa week end.

Belissima....

Tried the JP-3 pipe as usual but did not suit the cold not the grass track.. Tried new hongNor 2062 and Whoooooooooooosh away it went. Much better suited to little throttle movements and control situations when they are needed. Helped with initial engine accelleration. Very good tank time like the JP-3 too.

Dont forget motor is new and not performing to max yet but tank times of 9 mins on a really conld wet grass track aint bad.

Oooooooooohhh I need to run it more and get it bedded in so a can let it scream down the straight.....Only 2 litres now. So much running so little time.

I think my new car and I are finally starting to BOND!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Hey All

Just a few notes on how we ran at the WA Cup

Team driver Jogn Grupillo was sporting the MM5 Go Tech .21 7 port and stated after running Novas , Max and OS that the Go was by far his favorite engine !

Torque was almost 15% more than his Massimo Fantini Modified Max , Top end was similar . Tank time was similar too but reliability was outstanding ! The motor did not switch off once ! Not even when we brought it into the pits ! it sat there during a battery change in the final and threw it out on the track and it just zipped off like nothing happened !

I forgot to mention for racing John used only 60% throttle . 100% was too much he stated..

So what did we do ?

Well we ran the 7 port with .4 shimming on a turbo head and found it woked great ! this is with 25% nitro . LRP Plugs and wait for it the new LRP 2063 pipe ! let me tell you we ran it with the HN 2047 and it was great , but it had a tiny lag off the mark .. So we went the New LRP 2063 and WHOA MUMMA ! John's run in was to run 4 tanks on grass, power drifting ! no lag , no hesitation , just total grunt ! This my friends is the best combo i have discovered so far.. hope this helps !

Last edited by MassiveMods; 08-02-2007 at 01:15 AM.
Old 08-05-2007, 03:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Slowly putting on the tank time...

Put the JP-3 Pipe back on and Leaned the old girl out a bit more..Not so much up top but more down low, Lots actually about another whole turn...These LSN needles are very gradual....Keep taking the fuel out and it keeps getting better..The boggy bottom end was the tuner and the pipe together...
HEHE..lean her out and squeeze and the big doubles off short runs just seem to fly by.

Seems that the 2062 pipe compared to the JP-3 naturally leans out the bottom end...No adjustments needed. Both scream but both use a different tune.

MORE Time and MORE Tales TO COME.

Gotta lurve the Massive Series Go tech ENGINE's......
Starts and runs every time...idles for hours and goes like the Clappers

I now believe EVIL Comes in Size .21
Old 08-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Sweeet !

Weve just exported 12 X .21 MM5 Go Tech 5 ports to a racing team in Europe ! these guys have just changed over from Nova ! This is so exciting ! After hearing of the MM5 Go Tech they purchased 1 with the promise of getting more if they liked it ... well i guess they did ! 12 more motors for 3 drivers . Cant say who ... im bighting my tongue !
Old 08-06-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MassiveMods
Sweeet !

Weve just exported 12 X .21 MM5 Go Tech 5 ports to a racing team in Europe ! these guys have just changed over from Nova ! This is so exciting ! After hearing of the MM5 Go Tech they purchased 1 with the promise of getting more if they liked it ... well i guess they did ! 12 more motors for 3 drivers . Cant say who ... im bighting my tongue !
Hi Mark
Does adding extra sims do anything to the fuel consumtion on these engines?

Also how do one extract the most possible runtime without sacrificing power.

PS: thanks for the tip on tuning the GO. After tuning the my 5port properly in my truggy I felt as if I was driving on ice. So much power, very little traction.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have a NIB 5 port for sale in the "For Sale" section.

BTW,I just noticed this thread is in the "On Road" section. It should be in "Off Road"!!!
Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hugh
BTW,I just noticed this thread is in the "On Road" section. It should be in "Off Road"!!!
Yeah I don't quite understand why the nitro engine section is under off roads either, but i just roll with it....
Old 08-09-2007, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

I have noticed that tuning on the 7 port is quite different than on the 5 port.
I started out stock settings ie LSN is flush and HSN is almost flush.
If you lean the bottom end more than factory you will lean bog when on race temp. The HSN will choke when too lean.
What I have noticed is that the HSN likes to be just below the flush setting.
Also it seems that pipe selection affects the tuning spectrum.
I am running a JP1 in my truggy and a JP3 in the buggy both 5ports.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

In theory closer shimming would create better tank time .

Producing more torque would limit throttle = less fuel used , intheory

Many things will effect tank time

Pipe
Weight
Fuel
Carb
Filter
Tyres
Plug

Experimentation will show you what works for your particular situation,
Old 08-10-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Default Go 5port

All this reading and playing around has made me very nostalgic. I removed my P5X from my X1 buggy and decided to run in a new GO 5port.
It was very difficult for me not to get the dremel in their and do some mods.
This time I was after runtime.
All I can say the difference between P5X and Go 5port is very noticeable.
Better runtime and better bottom end and balistic topend.
I made the head shimming 0.6 as suggested by Massive.
I couldnt get my temps very high. If I leaned the sucker more it would just choke on the straight. It seems the GO's tuning just that, tune and leave it. If you go too lean on the LSN it lean bogs middle tank to empty as stated by Mark.
Anyways here is some video footage.
Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKB-yYyeEBk

My buggy is the Silver with red wing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mN67n0TkPg

My truggy is the silver with black wing.

Both missiles is powered by Go 5 ports.
CRT is 5port with JP1
Buggy is 5port with JP3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.