Old 09-06-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc_alan

RC_Alan
when the guys run buggy fuel the thing is faster idono
Old 09-06-2007, 10:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I dont believe half of what this guy says on here, besides, whats the difference between buggy fuel and on-road fuel? AFAIK there is no such thing as just buggy fuel.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

From my understanding, the less oil you run the more power you get. You have to be careful with the 8% oil fuels, too lean and the motor may blow

This is just my opinion and I could be wrong.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
I dont believe half of what this guy says on here, besides, whats the difference between buggy fuel and on-road fuel? AFAIK there is no such thing as just buggy fuel.
yes there is. usually buggy fuel contains more oil than onroad fuel.

as quetstorm says, lessoil = more power, but it can shorten the life of your engine if the settings ain't 100% right.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Can someone please tell me.The factory settings on this engine?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Another Sunday of racing, except today my first gear one-way decided to pack it in. Was grabbing intermittently and the engine got over revved a couple/few times before I took it off the track. SO, I replaced the bearing and went to start the engine and it wouldn't start until i leaned the main at least 1 full turn. I put in a new plug.
Mixture settings totally messed up. Main event wasn't good, I didn't have time to retune it.
I checked the compression and it was good, still can feel the pinch and the rod play seems ok. Cylinder head torque checked.
Anyone have any ideas why my mixture settings got messed up? Something to do with the over revving?
Going to tear it down and inspect it this week for sure.

RUDEBOY:
I run my main jet needle 4-5 turns out, really depends on temp, altitude, pipe choice. Get it running and drive it and adjust main for best power, adjust low speed for idle quality, do the 'pinch test' for idle mixture to get a ballpark idea.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rudeboy
Can someone please tell me.The factory settings on this engine?
dont know about the factory setting but 6-7 turn on LSN and 5-6 turn on HSN is pretty close tuning depends on what pipe you are using.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
I just checked my site and it shows I have both PICCO 2607 (is in page 2 under exhaust)and IDM2617 in stock, I would suggest the 2617 for the modified version engines and 2607 will be the best pipe for the JL Red Dot engine, you won't be disappointed.
Team kamikaze bought a 2607 pipe from you for my Red dot Engine, put it on and tested on Saturday.loads of power had to come of trottle, could not believe the increase in power. I was using skyline pipe before with engine and was blazing up the track but now i am literally burning up track and stands.

JL RED DOT with 2607 pipe letal combination
Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Thanks alot guys
Old 09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead13
Another Sunday of racing, except today my first gear one-way decided to pack it in. Was grabbing intermittently and the engine got over revved a couple/few times before I took it off the track. SO, I replaced the bearing and went to start the engine and it wouldn't start until i leaned the main at least 1 full turn. I put in a new plug.
Mixture settings totally messed up. Main event wasn't good, I didn't have time to retune it.
I checked the compression and it was good, still can feel the pinch and the rod play seems ok. Cylinder head torque checked.
Anyone have any ideas why my mixture settings got messed up? Something to do with the over revving?
Going to tear it down and inspect it this week for sure.

RUDEBOY:
I run my main jet needle 4-5 turns out, really depends on temp, altitude, pipe choice. Get it running and drive it and adjust main for best power, adjust low speed for idle quality, do the 'pinch test' for idle mixture to get a ballpark idea.
Looks like the engine is finally broken in, that's why the tuning went rich.

Originally Posted by msteeple
Team kamikaze, bought a 2607 pipe from you for my Red dot Engine, put it on and tested on Saturday.loads of power had to come of throttle, could not believe the increase in power. I was using skyline pipe before with engine and was blazing up the track but now i am literally burning up track and stands.

JL RED DOT with 2607 pipe letal combination
Glad you are happy with that combo.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

So, the mixture needs change when the engine is fully broke in. Thought i had some weird voodoo going on in it.
Is this peculiar to this engine or same for most/all?
Old 09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nitrodude
more oil.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gearhead13
So, the mixture needs change when the engine is fully broke in. Thought i had some weird voodoo going on in it.
Is this peculiar to this engine or same for most/all?
It is the same for most engine.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Can I use any other glow plug other than picco.I have extra >OS-P3< plugs
can i use that.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can use Mega/picco plugs. The same ones they use in the ZX-12 and 21.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.