Bad weather spoils a good plan weekend.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Indeed.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Club race verdict.

Today was the first outing with my Red Dot. The track was not in the best conditions. We had water seeping up thru the cracks when the track heated up.. so it was loose and you had to dodge the water in places.. it wasnt that bad.. but still obsticales.

Anyway.. First impressions.. Freaking awsome! I ran it a bit hot on the second race.. it got to about 260 and the plug was loose... I tightened the plug and fired it back up and all was good. I had to richen the motor about 12 hours! I am thinking that I might need the 7 plug instead of the 6.

I need to adjust the clutch.. it was switching to early! I had to install the tallest gears in my RRR EVO as well. 23/17 55/60. This is enough motor that is for sure. I am going to get a few more just in case....

My 2 cents. I am sold. No more 400.00 motors for me for a while...

Right now i am running the 6 plug and 25 rocket science. I ended up after 10 min main about 230-235 temp but.. i had issues with a wheel nut coming loose and the battery came loose due to the ride height about 2 mm too low... I still managed to get some 18 second laps.. wow.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wiggindude
Today was the first outing with my Red Dot. The track was not in the best conditions. We had water seeping up thru the cracks when the track heated up.. so it was loose and you had to dodge the water in places.. it wasnt that bad.. but still obsticales.

Anyway.. First impressions.. Freaking awsome! I ran it a bit hot on the second race.. it got to about 260 and the plug was loose... I tightened the plug and fired it back up and all was good. I had to richen the motor about 12 hours! I am thinking that I might need the 7 plug instead of the 6.

I need to adjust the clutch.. it was switching to early! I had to install the tallest gears in my RRR EVO as well. 23/17 55/60. This is enough motor that is for sure. I am going to get a few more just in case....

Right now i am running the 6 plug and 25 rocket science. I ended up after 10 min main about 230-235 temp but.. i had issues with a wheel nut coming loose and the battery came loose due to the ride height about 2 mm too low... I still managed to get some 18 second laps.. wow.
Good to hear great feedback on the motor also I was told by Jeffery Lin(Ofna Pro Driver) don't worry about temps motor runs pretty hot he told me to listen to engine sound and watch how it smoke.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Glad to hear the motor ran well for you. As far as temps go, when we tune Jeffrey's motor for a race we do not use a temp gun. We just listen for a steady idle when he brings it in and look for a good stream of smoke.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hay a tip for you guys who are in a pinch and need a exhaust gasket. I took a standard gasket and wrapped plumbers tape aka threaded teflon tape around the gasket a few times. Slapped on my header and it was a perfect tight fit.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Tech Master

i just used the gasket that came with the Skyline pipe, fits perfectly...
Old 04-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sean,
I'm looking forward to hear from you soon, glad you like the JL, as I told you, this motor ain't no joke.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, I'm gonna be running 30% nitro with my new Red Dot. How much should all the shims add up to for head clearance? Thanks.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
i just used the gasket that came with the Skyline pipe, fits perfectly...
Itll fit over it for sure , but it allows it to wiggle around too much for my tastes.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pelico
Hey guys, I'm gonna be running 30% nitro with my new Red Dot. How much should all the shims add up to for head clearance? Thanks.
If you are running at almost sea level, then just add another .1mm shim.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Anyone notice that this engine has no Mid end needle adjustment? I did
Old 04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

TURBO COLD GLOW-PLUGS
•P5TC hot filament
•P6TC medium filament
•P7TC cold filament

TURBO HOT GLOW-PLUGS
•P5TH hot filament
•P6TH medium filament
•P7TH cold filament

What plug is recommended? And what's the difference between Cold Glow-Plug with hot filament and Hot Plug with and Hot filament? Sounds strange for me.

Does these seals work good with Picco exhaust system?
http://www.serpent.com/product/202148/images/

Last edited by jeff1; 04-16-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jeff1
TURBO COLD GLOW-PLUGS
•P5TC hot filament
•P6TC medium filament
•P7TC cold filament

TURBO HOT GLOW-PLUGS
•P5TH hot filament
•P6TH medium filament
•P7TH cold filament

What plug is recommended? And what's the difference between Cold Glow-Plug with hot filament and Hot Plug with and Hot filament? Sounds strange for me.

Does these seals work good with Picco exhaust system?
http://www.serpent.com/product/202148/images/
cold glow plugs are to be used when ambient humidity is below 70%
hot glow plugs are to be used with 70% or more air humidity

the number you'll use i.e 6 or 7 in any format, depends on your nitro % and air temp. colder temps calls for hotter filament and vice versa. higher nitro content colder filament

afm
Old 04-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (94%+)

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
Anyone notice that this engine has no Mid end needle adjustment? I did
Yea I notice that when I first got the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.