Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Bore vs Stroke vs Displacement >

Bore vs Stroke vs Displacement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bore vs Stroke vs Displacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Hmmmm... More interesting info...

Code:
Engine               Bore  Stoke  Disp.
------              ----- ------  -----
Axial.12RR Spec 1   13.76  14.00  2.082
Check out the graph guys....

http://www.axialracing.com/details.p...imgID=1&type=2

mxwrench!
If you look at mxwrench's comparisons of the JP and the TOP, they're similar to what Axial's results were for the respective engines. Assuming both Axial and mxwrench's dynoing methods are similar because of these results, we see that the Novarossi LS3, Sirio Evo 3 and the Orion Wasp are more powerful.

Dave
Old 09-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaRollaRacer
If you look at mxwrench's comparisons of the JP and the TOP, they're similar to what Axial's results were for the respective engines. Assuming both Axial and mxwrench's dynoing methods are similar because of these results, we see that the Novarossi LS3, Sirio Evo 3 and the Orion Wasp are more powerful.

Dave
The results are similar I think because mxwrench built both dynos.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

im gona stay with jp and novarossi from now on WHY DAVE you know why i cant run the damm sirios there not for me cuz i break them all the time. and now the LL3 has more torque whether you feel it or not the LS3 has less. the sti has more power i dont know how to explain better but the ninja should have more power.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

Ahh, that's too bad Wally. I liked the fact that we were the only two to venture beyond the mainstream Novarossi engine.

Dave
Old 09-19-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

ok ok ill get a crank for it but i still have my evo2 i just need a button and a con rod oh lol a carb.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaRollaRacer

Dave
Why do you think that is all listed motors above more powerfull? Because HP numbers is higher. Let me explane to you how the dyno results calculated. HP numbers comming from torq multiply on RPM (where max torq was read) and multitply on some coeficient, I think it is .53. So if you look on the number right then you will find it is not what it looke like. Please keep in mind that our clutch usualy engaged at about 28-29 K RPM, so please look which engine has more torq at taht RPM and how you have to set up other engines to get the same torq, Also look which engine has more torq on the end of curv it will show you how engine will keep pulling on end of straight. So after analizing all this points you will understand that it doesn't look like just pure numbers. Remember HP sell engines, torq wins the races.
So if you want to make your decision-chose for your self-is this modded or stock then you have choice in modded and stock engines.
BTW, Axial motors 2 nd place on winternats and it was running against one of moddifyed engines from your list (literaly) and won it, PreNats 1 st place, Texas Biggie TQ and won etc-I don't have time to list everything. If engine is not powerfull how is that happened?
Old 09-19-2006, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by EdwardN
BTW, Axial motors 2 nd place on winternats and it was running against one of moddifyed engines from your list (literaly) and won it, PreNats 1 st place, Texas Biggie TQ and won etc-I don't have time to list everything. If engine is not powerfull how is that happened?
All you need to list is the last biggest race The IFMAR SEDAN WORLDS in Australia What Happen to AXIAL I guess nobody wants to run it because they know the motor is not fast enough meaning Too SLOW, the only reason axial won the Texas biggie is that no body else was there to race, if Swauger or Cyrul is there axial would have not TQ or won at all, i guess you can't bragg about axial winning anymore because you run out of drivers that are willing to run axial
Old 09-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COREX
All you need to list is the last biggest race The IFMAR SEDAN WORLDS in Australia What Happen to AXIAL I guess nobody wants to run it because they know the motor is not fast enough meaning Too SLOW, the only reason axial won the Texas biggie is that no body else was there to race, if Swauger or Cyrul is there axial would have not TQ or won at all, i guess you can't bragg about axial winning anymore because you run out of drivers that are willing to run axial
On Winternats everybody (or almost everybody ) was there,On PreNats Swager was there, also Tosolini, On Nationals Ron Atomic went straight to the A-main and finish 7th. Worlds, why would we go to the worlds spend tons of money and don't have top level driver-all of the top level drivers unfortunately for us had contract with other companies-to get 27 th place?As far as nobody wants to run our motor-well I think it is your guess-so far it was represented well, got very good results (see above). I think it is pretty good for start. And belive me it will continue like that. Please remember and talk to people in RC community, if I sad belive me, then it means this will happened. So far for last 3 years nothing what I promised was faulty.
Edward

Last edited by EdwardN; 09-19-2006 at 10:54 PM.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks Edward. I understand what you getting at.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Osiris 75, Dave and Wally: Thanks guys! Really appreciate the continued feedback and support.

Kyosho should send you guys a free t-shirt or something.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by EdwardN
On Winternats everybody (or almost everybody ) was there,On PreNats Swager was there, also Tosolini, On Nationals Ron Atomic went straight to the A-main and finish 7th. Worlds, why would we go to the worlds spend tons of money and don't have top level driver-all of the top level drivers unfortunately for us had contract with other companies-to get 27 th place?As far as nobody wants to run our motor-well I think it is your guess-so far it was represented well, got very good results (see above). I think it is pretty good for start. And belive me it will continue like that. Please remember and talk to people in RC community, if I sad belive me, then it means this will happened. So far for last 3 years nothing what I promised was faulty.
Edward
Well, I believe the drivers made a good choice not running Axial, because they know it is not fast or reliable, well I saw some of your post saying it will never overheat, yes it may not overheat but when you run it and it temped in at 400 + degees the motor flames out anyways causing vapor lock (preventing fuel to reach the carburetor resulting in to hard to start or no start at all) so what good is the motor if you can't get it started, Axial will be a great motor............well maybe someday........ if you find the missing link. but for now please be humble, do not try to be too proud of it until it is proven consistent and tell Axial to lower it to about $150.00 then maybe it will be worth the money nor $300.00+ that's a joke
Old 09-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I believe the drivers made a good choice not running Axial, because they know it is not fast or reliable, well I saw some of your post saying it will never overheat, yes it may not overheat but when you run it and it temped in at 400 + degees the motor flames out anyways causing vapor lock (preventing fuel to reach the carburetor resulting in to hard to start or no start at all) so what good is the motor if you can't get it started, Axial will be a great motor............well maybe someday........ if you find the missing link. but for now please be humble, do not try to be too proud of it until it is proven consistent and tell Axial to lower it to about $150.00 then maybe it will be worth the money nor $300.00+ that's a joke
maybe ill try one of these axial motors and see and if it blows up like a os ill say here
Old 09-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
maybe ill try one of these axial motors and see and if it blows up like a os ill say here
Wally! Is this why you've got problems with your STI cranks?

Do you destroy engines on a regular basis or is this something new? By "os" do you mean an O.S. engine??
Old 09-20-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Mate what engine/s do you run ,have you owned a Axial to justify you dissing it ???
Old 09-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Wally! Is this why you've got problems with your STI cranks?

Do you destroy engines on a regular basis or is this something new? By "os" do you mean an O.S. engine??
yes o.s and iv never blown up a novarossi or novarossi base motor they just wear out and i do run them alot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.