R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 08-21-2006, 09:36 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice
Default Novarossi .12 HELPP!!

hey guys, i fink my novarossi is a cx12 wit a pull start starter
wen i apply the throttle quickly to full, it starts to bogg and choke at the high end and stalls if i keep it at full thorttle
but wen i apply the thorttle gently to full thorttle it isnt too bad

what am i doin wrong???
and my bro has mess up all my needle settings including my mid range

so please can i have the standard needle settings for all needles please

thanks and please help
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:59 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

just tried out engine agen, and been doin abit of research on needles.
i have set the mid range needle to flush, i hope thats the stock setting.
it can rev up to max witout choking, its working better now but still abit confused on my needles

can i ask wot everyons needle setting is
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey boss it is easier than you think. the mid should be flush, the needle at the top controls high speed, and more inportant tempeture.before when you just cranked on it you were probabley to fich on top if it didn't die. your temp should be the last thing to worry about, just tune to the feel of the motor. as long as you see blue smok from start to full revs your good. know whaen you start of if it studders and spits out fuel don't go crankin on the needles yet, let the motor build some heat, when you tune is wright it should do that. if you start the motor and it is at full tilt buggy as soon as you pull the gas your to lean then you will cook that sucker. you should run the car around to buid heat to race temp what ever that is, then come to a complete stop wait 10 seconds then pull it. when tuned right it will take off with good force and you can hear the revs clime. know if it dies when you pull it it can be to lean(not enough fuel) or if it feels slugish (to much fuel) you will adjust the bottom end needle.1/8 of a turn on the needles always. nova carbs are very sensative to tune or when you turn it you will notice it. so if it takes good then dies to rich or to lean again on top. if it takes off good then gets slugish it is to rich, or if it dies it is to lean, give back some fuel. always tune on the needles when the motor has heat in it uselly abouve 200to 210. then start adjusting. that motor should run great from 210 to 240. depending on what you are running it in. on road 240 off road 210 220.

hope that all helps
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
Tech Adept
Send a message via ICQ to aaalp Send a message via MSN to aaalp Send a message via Yahoo to aaalp

Thanks mugenb46. Pretty good explanation you got there.
aaalp is offline   Reply With Quote