R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 07-24-2006, 03:30 AM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Tips on a FS26-CX

I want to say hey to everyone as this is my first post, now 2nd because I copied/pasted from another forum...couldn't find the engine section, thanks Tabushi. I've had a T-maxx for about 3-years now and have gone from the stock .15 to a .21 and now a 4-stroke. I wanted a FS40 but they were discontinued at time of interest but got a great deal on a FS26C at my LHS. I figure the truck is too heavy for the 26 but I figured I would give it a try. I have the motor in it now with a few tanks but since I installed it I have been married and just had a daughter in Jan....needless to say it has been sitting After looking at it for a while on the shelf it's time to play. A few ?'s I have is should I get a different pipe, this is from the super ten I believe, what is the better fuel, what about a pump...is it a good idea? I may pull the motor and put it in a stadium truck but I wan't to try it in here first and this is mainly for bashing....just want the thumper sound and reliability. It ran pretty good during break-in but seemed rich and when I leaned it out I could'nt get the RPM's I needed. The tranny shifted but the needle adjustment was very picky. Would the carb from the new version II work better? Heres a few pics and if you see anything that needs changing I'm all ears. I have been out of the loop for 2 years and alot has changed so I'm open to suggestions.

gmcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Go to the " OS FS26S-C 4-stroke development" thread.... there are a few guys who race these in their monster trucks that frequent that thread.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Thanks, I did....I looked through the whole thread and must have skipped the more important pages. Very informative.
gmcman is offline   Reply With Quote