Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default test

josh, where are you testing the motor and what was the weather like
Old 05-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

judging the performance and value with the price, this motor is going to kick
a lot of big name reputations around, and novarrossi and company will have a lot of catching up to do
Old 05-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

We are testing at CRF - the track is a little small but it is quite warm and humid. Also, it is indoor and 100% enclosed so there is no airflow across the track. In my opinion, not ideal for creating good engine performance but yet everything is still running great.

As the World Championships are only 16%, that is the nitro content that we have been testing. While we talked about testing 30%.... I will save that for a larger track as the engine already has too much power for here.

The power is quite linear as it is really easy to control the trottle to make the engine shift in different places if need be. THe fun part is even if I slide the car here, I can just roll into the throttle and carry a nice 4-wheel slide around the end of the straight.... It is a lot of fun...lol....

As far as the car - I am using the same car as last year but I think new parts are on the way for the Nats.

The coming rules....lol.... I doubt that... They did not make it mandatory for everyone to run 5 minutes when people are cutting up their engines to run only 4 minutes. I do not see why being able to run 6:30 would be something that should be penalized.... We will see, but I doubt any rules will be made against the engine or running longer than 5 minutes.....

Back to testing!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 06:15 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
We are testing at CRF - the track is a little small but it is quite warm and humid. Also, it is indoor and 100% enclosed so there is no airflow across the track. In my opinion, not ideal for creating good engine performance but yet everything is still running great.

As the World Championships are only 16%, that is the nitro content that we have been testing. While we talked about testing 30%.... I will save that for a larger track as the engine already has too much power for here.

The power is quite linear as it is really easy to control the trottle to make the engine shift in different places if need be. THe fun part is even if I slide the car here, I can just roll into the throttle and carry a nice 4-wheel slide around the end of the straight.... It is a lot of fun...lol....

As far as the car - I am using the same car as last year but I think new parts are on the way for the Nats.

The coming rules....lol.... I doubt that... They did not make it mandatory for everyone to run 5 minutes when people are cutting up their engines to run only 4 minutes. I do not see why being able to run 6:30 would be something that should be penalized.... We will see, but I doubt any rules will be made against the engine or running longer than 5 minutes.....

Back to testing!!!
What's the first race you will be using the new engine? We are all curious to see how it does.

If you get the chance, could you go to the RRR thread and let us know what you will be running on your car (optional parts/setup) for the upcoming events?

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the update, Josh. and thanks to the nitrodyne guys for the data! i'm really glad to see that orion took thier time with this engine to make sure it's optimized before releasing it. as i said before, this is the only engine that makes me want to cheat on my trusty tz.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Well, the last day of testing is over now and I am packing up to come home. Today we tested with 30% nitro as well as different setting with the carburator and head clearance.... 950+ laps run in three days, with no failures or problems!!! I hope the Nationals and other races go so well. The last runs with 30% were crazy as the engine was just too much for this track - either that or I needed to spend a lot more time working on my car set-up!!!

Next, I will test the engines on the home track of the Great Lakes Challenge in Toledo. When I go there, I will also bring my radar gun to report on some top speeds.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What? No comment from the E.N.gine GURU this Time? Welcome to the MILLENIUM !!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
What? No comment from the E.N.gine GURU this Time? Welcome to the MILLENIUM !!
Hey Sam, how is going?
I think I have already put my commnets on this engine-I am impressed with work was done in design.
Edward
Old 05-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Tech Rookie

* **** **** might not agree with you. I think you two should talk.

Last edited by mxwrench; 05-19-2006 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Language
Old 05-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Well, the last day of testing is over now and I am packing up to come home. Today we tested with 30% nitro as well as different setting with the carburator and head clearance.... 950+ laps run in three days, with no failures or problems!!! I hope the Nationals and other races go so well. The last runs with 30% were crazy as the engine was just too much for this track - either that or I needed to spend a lot more time working on my car set-up!!!

Next, I will test the engines on the home track of the Great Lakes Challenge in Toledo. When I go there, I will also bring my radar gun to report on some top speeds.
great to hear that reliability isn't an issue with the motor considering the punishment you must have dished out, looking forward to some more reviews
one question josh
is this engine hard to tune correctly for average tuners like myself?
cheers
joe

Last edited by itchy b; 05-19-2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bighurt98
Guys, this is the beginning of ground breaking technology. More testing and lots of racing to do, but this is huge for 1/10 scale racing! If the motor is 3 port and meets all .12 motor specs, they can't make it illegal!! They could change their rules to make it illegal, but why?? Someone has sat down and re-engineered the .12 motor, plain and simple!! All other manufacturers will have to step up their games if the want to compete!!!

I want a .21!!!
i want .28s

with Josh approval and Rick Howard assurance... i think im satisfied with myself to buy it. if its ever come accross to place here . i bet our lhs wanna wait & see.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by itchy b
is this engine hard to tune correctly for average tuners like myself?
cheers
joe
I'm glad to see that there is a lot of positive response to Josh's posts about the engine.
The engine is pretty straightforward to setup, with the new piston and liner system it's less prone to wear if not properly setup.
The needles threads are smaller than in regular engines so you have to screw or unscrew them a little more to change the settings (which helps a lot) also there are markings on the carburator, so you pretty just close or open the needles one mark when you need to make adjustments.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i am definitely buying one
Old 05-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Rick H- Please, please, please tell me you will have a .21 ready for spring '07, or sooner!!! PLEASE!
Old 05-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

It's beautiful to see marketing work at it's best.

Don't get me wrong, I totally respect and like Josh and I'm convinced that he is not going to prostitute himself for a sponsor, but it is still amazing how it takes only one positive posting of a popular team driver like Josh to convince everybody that this new product is the one to have.

Great job Nano!

If the engine is as good as your marketing skills, I will probably get one too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.