Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone
Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results >

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Orion CRF Wasp Rev X-Dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, i have the X312T and i want to find out what clutch shoe to use.

i have a team magic G4JS.

i have the 1.8mm yellow hard spring in the clutch.

0.5mm clutch gap.

1.2mm preload.

wat shoe do i use?

(Brown, super hard)

(Red, harder)

(White, high grip)

at the moment i have a soft black shoe and it slips a bit.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Tech Adept

use the white one...

I've had TM cars for years now and I even used the KFactory clutch in my RRR and loved it!!
Old 06-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks,

is there a spacific clutch gap to use with this engine (X312T) i understand that the clutch should engage around the 28Krpm range to get the power out of it.

so is .5mm clutch gap too small ?

could someone shed some light.

thanks.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

.5 is fine just adjust the spring to feel to get it to engage when it feels good when its right youll know it
Old 06-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks man.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

np i just looked at my post and what i said kinda confused me

any way set your gaps as per and run the car if it feels like its engaging to soon u only need to tighten the spring up a couple hours at a time untill it jumps off the line like something just scared the crap out of it
Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Wasp Rev .12

Just got a Orion Wasp Rev CRF ORI80000.. the motor came with two spare carbs with the HSN and inserts..

I am not sure if the motor I have already has the upgraded carb on it or if the two carbs I got with the motor are the upgraded carbs.. The carb insert on the carb on motor is shaped straight on the sides like a cylinder and tapers down at the bottom.. the other two inserts I have are more like a cone shapped insert..

Which of these is these inserts that gives better bottom end and easier tuning.. and how do I tell which carb is the upgraded carb...

Either way the motor has a more power then I need just wanna make sure I am getting as much down low as I can get..

Cheers
Old 06-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by warnos
Just got a Orion Wasp Rev CRF ORI80000.. the motor came with two spare carbs with the HSN and inserts..

I am not sure if the motor I have already has the upgraded carb on it or if the two carbs I got with the motor are the upgraded carbs.. The carb insert on the carb on motor is shaped straight on the sides like a cylinder and tapers down at the bottom.. the other two inserts I have are more like a cone shapped insert..

Which of these is these inserts that gives better bottom end and easier tuning.. and how do I tell which carb is the upgraded carb...

Either way the motor has a more power then I need just wanna make sure I am getting as much down low as I can get..

Cheers
the update carb is that with the cone insert and the middle needle more unscrew out.also it must be bigger in bore.just a little.check it and tell us.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The carbs I have to compare to are like the upgrade kit. http://www.teamorion.com/news/ca40/newsid/141 it doesn't have the middle screw installed its just the body needle holder and the insert... so I gather since the carb insert on my motor is not the cone shape like the two carb kits I have it must be the old carb that is installed on my motor.. and I need to upgrade the body the needle holder and the carb body and insert. Well at least I have the parts to do it already..

Is anyone using the old carb to good effect.. it seems to be working fine.. I might just wait a while before changing everything over... or is there a real need to do it?

Cheers

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
the update carb is that with the cone insert and the middle needle more unscrew out.also it must be bigger in bore.just a little.check it and tell us.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by warnos
The carbs I have to compare to are like the upgrade kit. http://www.teamorion.com/news/ca40/newsid/141 it doesn't have the middle screw installed its just the body needle holder and the insert... so I gather since the carb insert on my motor is not the cone shape like the two carb kits I have it must be the old carb that is installed on my motor.. and I need to upgrade the body the needle holder and the carb body and insert. Well at least I have the parts to do it already..

Is anyone using the old carb to good effect.. it seems to be working fine.. I might just wait a while before changing everything over... or is there a real need to do it?

Cheers

like i said,the new body is saying that has a bigger bore.
the new settings can be found in the link bellow.
http://teamorion.com/FAQ/Wasp+Rev+CRF+Tuning

the new carb make a better low power.
where did you buy this engine?
Old 08-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

hi, what are good baseline carb settings for the CRF .12 ? what are you using ?
(16% nitro)
Thanks

Last edited by MikaR; 08-11-2010 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

hi mika!
a little late for the answer but i see it now!
i am at 2 turns in high needle,and 4 at the low needle.1/2 the middle.( i have the old carb with update high needle body,)
this engine runs with a novarossi 2630 and rb fuel.i think tha fuel play a big rule,because if i put the factory settings and go from there the engine makes misfires.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

does anyone know where can i find a rod for this engine?
ori81305.
thank you!
Old 09-01-2010, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

what plugs suit the orion 12 motors os plugs or novarossi
Old 09-01-2010, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

sirio ones and grp that has the sape taper if i am not wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.