R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road > Onroad Nitro Engine Zone

Old 03-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #1
Tech Adept
Default AE .15

I have an RC10GT with the stock engine, running dirt oval tracks. I started off with the stock gearing, 11.4:1 or thereabouts. The truck ran well, hitting full RPM's just past halfway on the straights. I let the engine braking slow me for the turns. The temp was around 230-240 after a heat and I always had a little extra fuel in the (stock) tank.

The local hotshoes suggested I should raise the gear, they run 7.8:1 but I met them a little over halfway at 8.9:1. Ever since I changed the gears the engine has run hot. REAL hot!!

I checked it several times at over 325; I tried different fuel which ran cooler, but 295 is still too hot. I kept richening the needles until it ran out of fuel only 4 minutes into a 5 minute heat.

When I asked how they ran 5 minutes, they pointed me to a 125cc Duratrax fuel tank. I haven't run it since changing the tank (and the busted throttle servo from getting hit when it ran out on the middle to the straight ), but I am wondering if there is something else wrong. It just seems odd for the problem to happen only after raising the gear. Coindicence?
BimmerDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:45 AM   #2
Tech Elite
Send a message via MSN to ProudSavageOwnr Send a message via Yahoo to ProudSavageOwnr

ive got the engine your talking about and the ST ur talking about and the whole truck and the engine SUCK well the truck not as much but the engine does.....itll start up for 3 or 4 min and run ok then stall and heat up like a furnace and then wont start again
FG leopard comp w/Trevor Simpson 28.5 bzm crank
HIP Baja 5sct
AE tc5 3.5t speed monster,Futaba 4pks
Raptor G4 ,Raptor e550,Gaui x5,Mini titan v2,Precision aerobatics bandit 4s monster,Carbon z scimitar Jr 11x
ProudSavageOwnr is offline   Reply With Quote