R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Onroad Nitro Engine Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone-71/)
-   -   Novarossi MT12 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/onroad-nitro-engine-zone/101825-novarossi-mt12.html)

Leo V. 02-14-2006 07:14 AM

Novarossi MT12

Is the long connecting rod still available?

rc_alan 02-14-2006 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by BoCal
Is the long connecting rod still available?

I believe Mario over at Speedshop RC in Torrance Cali has one... The RB version will fit... Good luck and hope to see you at the CP and the Pre-nats in March...

RC_Alan

Leo V. 02-14-2006 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by rc_alan
I believe Mario over at Speedshop RC in Torrance Cali has one... The RB version will fit... Good luck and hope to see you at the CP and the Pre-nats in March...

RC_Alan

Alan YGPM

rc_alan 02-15-2006 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by BoCal
Alan YGPM

PM'd back with price and number for you...

RC_Alan

HarKonnenD 02-15-2006 08:28 PM

Any other P/S set that will fit the MT12? Maybe they will offer a performance difference as well? How about ceramic bearings in MT12?

trumpster1 02-20-2006 01:19 PM

Is this MT-12 any good. I have an OFNA CD3 with picco .12 now and am looking to get a backup motor soon. There is one on ebay at what seems to be a decent price to me, but what is everyone elses opinions MT-12

Please advise your opinions.

Thanks

HarKonnenD 02-20-2006 06:46 PM

I like to call it "the little engine that could". It's got great power all around and when used with 30%fuel, proper clutch, plug, it's quite a show. It won't touch an NS12 or so, but people will be surprised you're running an MT12. What picco do you have? The .12Re versions do have more power than the Mugen and more top so I'd stick with that. The MT12 can be a back up...and if you do get it modified, it will bring out a lot more power.

trumpster1 02-21-2006 06:15 AM

Hark: I'm running the stock Picco .12 that comes in the OFNA CD3. I believe is the Force S or something like that. I believe that my picco is only rated at like .55 hp @ 29,000, my thoughts is that it is kinda week. I just need to make sure that I get the same crank so that I can bolt up my clutch that I just finished building to mesh with my new tranny gears.

Do you think it's a good buy on eBay (the link I posted)?

HarKonnenD 02-21-2006 08:08 AM

OHHH, that picco. If it's the rear exhaust picco, then it is stronger than the MT12. Do you have a picture of it? If it's the weaker engine, then yeah the MT12 will definately blow it away. The price seems pretty good as it's in great condition. See if he can take pics of the insides.

trumpster1 02-21-2006 08:39 AM

Hark: YES, THAT Picco! It's the side exhaust (which I hate, the damn header keeps stripping out) with pull start. Come to think of it, I think it says something about XP or something of that nature on the side. Not 100%. I'll see what he can do as far as pics of the MT-12 inside.

Thanks again for the info.

HarKonnenD 02-21-2006 09:17 AM

Oh that picco isn't too bad. It's got pretty good power. The MT12 will surely have more bottom end and overall a more snappy power band. Use it with a nice pipe, good clutch setup, etc and it will be really nice. Don't show up with it at some really huge track though as you'd get passed like no tomorrow though..hehe. It's great for the small to medium sized tracks.

trumpster1 02-21-2006 09:51 AM

Hark: I will be running in the Midwest Series and my primary track will be Toledo, where I live. www.oneeighthracers.com. That will take you to the link of the group I joined this year. It will show good pics of the track. Let me know if you think if it is worth it. I want to be able to have great "out of the hole" and decent top end, so I'll want a motor that will hit those standards.

Thanks again.

HarKonnenD 02-21-2006 10:49 AM

Awesome! That track is really big. I'd honestly opt for something else. The OS .12TZ would be a better engine. What main will you be in? C or B main? MT12 is great, but even with consistency you'd be passed by others on that track.

trumpster1 02-21-2006 11:16 AM

Main, what main? I just started racing and know nothing really about it. I know that I'll be running 1:10 scale 200mm and that is about it. I'm in the process of learning all the details from the guys at the track. We have monthly meetings and I try to get as much information as possible at each meeting and ask more and more questions until people get sick of hearing me (haha, j/k).

Do you know where I can get an inexpensive OS .12 TZ? That is the motor I was first looking at but at $200, dang, that is almost what I paid for my whole kit.

Have a good one!

(Is this all you do is sit on the forum and reply? Not being rude, just odd that every time I check it, you have already replied, haha. Then again, I usually reply right afterwards, so it doesn't make me look any better, especially sitting at work)

HarKonnenD 02-25-2006 09:45 PM

Naw, when I'm free I do what I can to help other hobbyists :). I love this hobby and without it, I don't know what I'd do. Real cars are more expensive and I'd rather just have a point A to B car now, and get a more flashy car later on. There are different lvls of mains all based on your skill of driving. The better you are the higher the main you'd be placed in. The price for the Os is right and it's great. The piston sleeve set is like $60-$70, and the NS12s N12s are around 80-90. Don't bother with the Rody or JP as they are around $200...the price of the OS.12tz. :nod: I still may sell my Rody for the Novarossi or the OS. I still have all of March when it's nice to practice as the racing starts in April. The MRX4 is set and so is the R40. :D