Like Tree21Likes

Access RacePlace, Springfield OH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

BSR ... White rears and Black fronts
CRC...Yellow rears and Black fronts
They are the the same rims and compounds. The names are just different.
Bodies...the Black Art is popular
Old 03-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Double post..

Last edited by scootr117; 03-04-2013 at 04:53 PM. Reason: ...
Old 03-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by klaymon
How have 17.5 TC and USGT turnouts been? A couple of us have been traveling the state and haven't been in a while.
Usually a heat of TC 17.5 each week. USGT is a little spotty.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

I came Sunday and there were 4 TC's total and 1 broke out early. Unfortunately, with turnouts like that I can't justify burning through tires and stuff to run against 1 or 2 guys. If the track starts getting some word out and getting promoted better, maybe TC will start up again. Until then, I'll have to run elsewhere. It's a shame because I like the track, I like Ian and Joe and it's a relatively close facility to me.

It was like that the last few times I came. I had been traveling to some different facilities over the last month so I figured I'd give Access another shot. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not downing anyone here. I just think the place needs some more PR work. You have a nice place, but you need to get the word out. Subscribe to your threads here so when someone replies you can be timely (it took 7 days for someone to respond to my question). Get on Facebook, etc. and start getting the name out.

I want you guys to grow and succeed. I really do.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can understand what you're saying. I've seen a couple of guys switching to WGT from TC and a couple of guys returning from retirement are going that way too. Classes seem to cycle at tracks. The small local crowd that does run TC hasn't been racing at all, or they come in on Saturday to practice.
I'm sure the owners will do some promotion shortly. The track was opened in December and has been improving ever since...
You may want to talk to the guys that run TC and USGT and try to colaborate what days they can meet up. If everyone ever showed up on the same day it would be EPIC
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scootr117
I can understand what you're saying. I've seen a couple of guys switching to WGT from TC and a couple of guys returning from retirement are going that way too. Classes seem to cycle at tracks. The small local crowd that does run TC hasn't been racing at all, or they come in on Saturday to practice.
I'm sure the owners will do some promotion shortly. The track was opened in December and has been improving ever since...
You may want to talk to the guys that run TC and USGT and try to colaborate what days they can meet up. If everyone ever showed up on the same day it would be EPIC
I've tried to coordinate with the few racers that I can say I know and there seems to be a bit of "eh" about trying to meet up. That, in and of itself, is frustrating. I would think people would want deeper fields of competition instead of lackluster turnouts with a guaranteed podium spot.

To reiterate, nothing I'm saying is intended to be a bash on the facility or anyone associated with it.

I'll be keeping an eye on Access. I look forward to seeing more online presence and I hope to hear that things are growing (especially TC).
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't take your comments as any type of bash... I will say the guys who do race TC never or rarely post online so it may be difficult to judge turnouts purely of the web. I will see if Ian plans on posting the results on their new web site.
I always thought it would be cool to see a club race report posted in this section of RCtech for the Club races. I personally lack the skills to write down a story of the race day and make it something anyone would care to read. I may try to talk him into that as well.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Matrix Tires

Originally Posted by scootr117
BSR ... White rears and Black fronts
CRC...Yellow rears and Black fronts
They are the the same rims and compounds. The names are just different.
Bodies...the Black Art is popular
Don't forget about Matrix Yellow Rears and Black Fronts.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

I've tried to coordinate with the few racers that I can say I know and there seems to be a bit of "eh" about trying to meet up. That, in and of itself, is frustrating. I would think people would want deeper fields of competition instead of lackluster turnouts with a guaranteed podium spot.

To reiterate, nothing I'm saying is intended to be a bash on the facility or anyone associated with it.

I'll be keeping an eye on Access. I look forward to seeing more online presence and I hope to hear that things are growing (especially TC).
Being a two man shop, we sometimes neglect the message boards because we're so busy doing other stuff. Hell, sometimes it takes me a day or two to respond to e-mails. I need to stop slacking so much!

Carpet TC has always been slow in the Dayton area. Even during the foam tire boom, we always had more pancars than sedans. We'll try to promote more to see if that helps generate more interest. One thing I can safely say is this, the quantity of TC competition may be low, but with Brandon and Junior racing the quality of those racing TC doesn't get much higher in this state.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Being a two man shop, we sometimes neglect the message boards because we're so busy doing other stuff. Hell, sometimes it takes me a day or two to respond to e-mails. I need to stop slacking so much!

Carpet TC has always been slow in the Dayton area. Even during the foam tire boom, we always had more pancars than sedans. We'll try to promote more to see if that helps generate more interest. One thing I can safely say is this, the quantity of TC competition may be low, but with Brandon and Junior racing the quality of those racing TC doesn't get much higher in this state.
I understand you're probably stretched thin. I wasn't suggesting you were slacking.

I'll give you that point. Brandon and Junior are pretty much on another level. I can safely say the only way I'm going to beat either one of them is like Sunday when Brandon lost a wheel. He still could have probably taken me.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
CDW
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by NCOHOG
I was wondering if someone could recomend a starting point for tires on an RC12r5.2? If someone could recomend a good starting point for a body that would be great as well.

I have been running Matrix Tires for a little over a month now. So far, my experience with them have been a great one. They not only offer your "common" tire combinations yellow/black, pink/pink and Pink/Magenta. Matrix also offers an option of rim as well. They have a black carbon wheel, which is stiffer, and they offer a white rim that is softer. I have quite a bit of track time on both, with great results. I am getting crazy amount of runs with the yellow tires on the white rim, because I believe the "flex" in the wheel helps prevent the chunking factor. Plus they look great!

As far as a body:
In 12th stock, you cannot go wrong with the Black Art R8C.
When you jump up to the 13.5 and mod ranks I would then recommend the Black Art Bomb-R or the Black Art- Black market body.

Hope you found some of this helpful. If you are ever at the track, don't be afraid to stop by my pit and take a look.

See you guys at the track!!!

CD Wells
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

I understand you're probably stretched thin. I wasn't suggesting you were slacking.

I'll give you that point. Brandon and Junior are pretty much on another level. I can safely say the only way I'm going to beat either one of them is like Sunday when Brandon lost a wheel. He still could have probably taken me.
I didn't think you were calling me a slacker Keith. I just know we need to be more mindful of the thread. I specifically did not start any on other forums because I knew I'd have a hard time maintaining more than one.

Like Rick said, we usually have as many sedans on Saturday as we do on Sunday. We're trying to come up with ways to get more sedan traffic, just not sure what the answer is currently.

As always, if anyone needs info, you can call the store during normal hours, or text me at (937)419-9115 anytime.

Last edited by CypressMidWest; 03-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was going to come out and run my TC this week after taking last week off, but now I hear everyones going to RMR, so Im going to buy an mcp x bl to fly this weekend because the weather will be nice.

The point being that if everyone is always going elsewhere for Tc, there never will be strong showings. We all should be going to the closest track except for big races

Last edited by bucknuts; 03-06-2013 at 04:16 AM.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bucknuts
I was going to come out and run my TC this week after taking last week off, but now I hear everyones going to RMR, so Im going to buy an mcp x bl to fly this weekend because the weather will be nice.

The point being that if everyone is always going elsewhere for Tc, there never will be strong showings. We all should be going to the closest track except for big races
That's always been my thinking. You have to support your local or semi-local tracks before they disappear.

I'm just glad we have the pancar faithful. WGT is really getting strong here at Access. Junior ran his this weekend, Brandon has one coming. 12th scale usually pulls a crowd here too. I'd love to see a full heat or two of USGT and 17.5 TC, the cars just never seem to show.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Probably come out this week anyway to practice/race the TC/Usgt.
Ill also bring my pan cars to see about getting those going.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.