bullitt 220 engine

Old 09-25-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default bullitt 220 engine

Hi I have a bullitt 220 and it ran perfect for the last 18 months. All off a sudden it started getting through clutch bearings. The engine is 2 years old it starts and runs brilliant but the clutch bearings keep disingratin every time I use it. I noticed that the front engine bearing is worn.I can move the crankshaft from side to side and the engine doesn't leak. Will a worn engine bearing affect clutch bearings.
Old 09-26-2017, 12:19 AM
Tech Regular

Hello TIM.L.BARNETT,

If You could move the pilot shaft side of the crankshaft "side to side" then the Front Bearing is definitely need to be replace!!! It would be a lucky case that the engine is OK.

I would say that the broken Front Engine Bearing will ruin the Clutch Bell Bearing as well because it will affecting the concentricity of the whole Clutch Assembly thus ruining the gear mesh between Clutch Bell and Spur Gear.

Cheers..

Originally Posted by TIM.L.BARNETT
Hi I have a bullitt 220 and it ran perfect for the last 18 months. All off a sudden it started getting through clutch bearings. The engine is 2 years old it starts and runs brilliant but the clutch bearings keep disingratin every time I use it. I noticed that the front engine bearing is worn.I can move the crankshaft from side to side and the engine doesn't leak. Will a worn engine bearing affect clutch bearings.