Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
O.S. Speed 21XZ-B Spec III  VS  O.S. B2102 >

O.S. Speed 21XZ-B Spec III VS O.S. B2102

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

O.S. Speed 21XZ-B Spec III VS O.S. B2102

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by underway
I'm going to weigh both cooling heads as I ran the Bullitt last weekend and had no problems. I think they may have the same cooling surface area. But remember temps are for reference only. You should not be tuning for temps... feel, power and smoke....
Which outside temp was it when you race it ?

A other point which will be interesting is if there is a other car handling cause the cooling heat is lower than other ones and during las vegas it was written that there should be a other behavior of the car. Is this true ?
Old 01-24-2017, 03:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddick

A other point which will be interesting is if there is a other car handling cause the cooling heat is lower than other ones and during las vegas it was written that there should be a other behavior of the car. Is this true ?
Sorry, I am trying to decipher what you are asking here?

Are you talking about the lower CG Head affecting handling of the chassis?

If so, I am sure it will, but I am also sure, that to the average racer its not as noticiable as say to Darren Bloomfield, or Hara, or Drake etc.

- Noting that some of us run additional weight in our cars, of course we can tell that, as that weight is added and removed from different areas, but given that the motor is always in one spot on the chassis, the little change in CG, will probably present itself to the average racer as a placebo effect.
Old 01-24-2017, 04:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Sorry, I am trying to decipher what you are asking here?

Are you talking about the lower CG Head affecting handling of the chassis?

If so, I am sure it will, but I am also sure, that to the average racer its not as noticiable as say to Darren Bloomfield, or Hara, or Drake etc.

- Noting that some of us run additional weight in our cars, of course we can tell that, as that weight is added and removed from different areas, but given that the motor is always in one spot on the chassis, the little change in CG, will probably present itself to the average racer as a placebo effect.
Yes you are right ! I mean this.

I only read it during WM in Las Vegas.
Would be nice to get info about it from someone who is running the engine.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I can't tell a difference in the handeling from the spec III to the 2102.
2102 is a little up on mileage tho.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ddick

high was in the mid 60's.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:49 PM
Tech Rookie

Trying to decide on which one to put in my NB 48.4. Is there any more info people can share?
Old 02-13-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 2Gamerschillin
Trying to decide on which one to put in my NB 48.4. Is there any more info people can share?
put in a new Blok from Tekno!
Old 02-14-2017, 06:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by akshayp14
put in a new Blok from Tekno!
In my area the Nitro cars are getting built up for the season , if they don't bring that thing to market soon , it wont be an option for a bunch of people. At least drop the specs and price so people could decide .
Old 02-14-2017, 02:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
Adam Drake is running both, the B2102 in buggy, and the Spec III in Truggy. He is doing well with both. You can always message him on FB, and he is very responsive and usually has good advice and is able to answer your questions.

All the drivers that are running the new motor, and others based on it (Bullitt) are all still running the LCG head. So perhaps there was an issue at Vegas, yet now the B2102 is available for the public, with the LCG head. So I am sure they ironed out the issues.
Adam Drake is actually running the spec 2 in truggy, more powerful than the spec 3
Old 02-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Tech Rookie

I have both engines. Spec 3 on truggy and b2102 on buggy and i must say they're awesome. Changed the cooling head on 2102 becuse its pretty hot where i live just to play it safe and never any issues. Handling all over the power band is excellent on both engines. I suggest you run them with the recommended pipe combo to maximize the output for each application
Old 09-15-2020, 08:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, just wanna ask. I have an xzb .21 spec I and also 2102 tessman edition & 2103 adam drake. Wil the tessman or drake crankshaft fit to my xzb spec I engine?
Thanks guys, cheers
Old 09-18-2020, 11:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ramos777
Hi guys, just wanna ask. I have an xzb .21 spec I and also 2102 tessman edition & 2103 adam drake. Wil the tessman or drake crankshaft fit to my xzb spec I engine?
Thanks guys, cheers
No all three of those have different stroke lengths and since the crank determines stroke length none of them are interchangeable with each other
Rick Vessell likes this.