Nito buggy engine

Old 09-12-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Nito buggy engine

Need help what is a go starter buggy engine to get
Old 09-12-2016, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

OS .21 XZ B.

But after you get a proper pipe and header for it, other OS based engines seem like a better deal to me.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-...combo2/p412626
Old 09-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Novarossi Elite 5 is a great buggy engine. At $130 from Novarossidirect.com its cheap enough that you don't have to feel bad if you roast it, but its still a quality engine that will compete at any club level race. You won't lose because of the engine. Don't feel the pressure to buy a high end engine.
Old 09-12-2016, 08:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

^^^^ what he said if you are on a budget.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Tech Champion

What he (Apco1) said even if you're not on a budget.

It's just sensible.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Sensible maybe but there are much nicer engines on the market if you don't have a budget.
Old 09-12-2016, 11:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Looking for cheap but yet still good
Old 09-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rotor head33
Sensible maybe but there are much nicer engines on the market if you don't have a budget.
What is the point in a beginner getting a higher end engine which he's going to learn on and may screw up?

Furthermore, in discussions like this, I find people overrate the brand, model, etc.., while underrating the influence of the owner. I.e. somebody with not much clue can have a Speed, but my money would be on the experienced guy with a clue and an Elite 5 who has it set up right.. So many variables in nitro.

And honestly, it's a gigantic mountain of BS afaic that the companies constantly introduce "newer", more expensive engines, with people rushing out to throw money at them to save 12 seconds of run time which only matters to the pros... IMVHO a lot of people waste a LOT of money on overpriced nitro engines, the theoretical advantages of which they will at most rarely, if at all.., be able to take advantage of...
Old 09-12-2016, 12:13 PM
Tech Regular

Nailed it!! I'd buy 4 Elite 5 before one Speed
Old 09-12-2016, 12:23 PM
Tech Addict

I wouldn't get a speed but I see where you come from. However, if I was brand new and didn't have a budget I'd definitely get me something nicer than an elite 5 like... A Reds or a mito or something of the sort lol but. It's whatever. This hobby is full of opinions. That's just mine.
Old 09-12-2016, 12:28 PM
Tech Champion

Reds to me is one of the most annoying engine companies. Totally overpriced, constantly pushing out "new" engines(and much worse, new pipes..), etc etc... I'm sure they're good, but to me they're just the kind of company that has made racing a very rarified scene populated by fewer and fewer guys willing - and eager - to throw bucketloads of money at every new gimmicky thing that comes out. OS is like Apple, and Reds like an Android company who had the insight that selling products nearer the Apple price instead of cheaper would convince people that it must be good if it costs so much...

A big BIG mountain of respect to Novarossi America for restoring sanity to engine prices. I think Werks deserves respect in this regard as well. They've actually been pretty good that way all along. Despite all the "pro" bla bla...
Old 09-12-2016, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Like I said. To each their own. Iv had a mito 4, mito 7, p5xl, legend 5, drake edition, Reds r7 Reds r5t and a werks b6.

My Reds r7 evoke is the smoothest of he lot and most consistent. The internals are of superior quality and i love my Quattro clutch systems. Say what you will but I think it's completely worth the money.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

I buy what I think is the best product even if it is a bit pricy, reason is that I want the best equipment so I'm not able to blame the equipment for my poor results. I know I have good stuff and yes it cost a dollar or two but in the end I can only blame myself and my own skills.
If you consider this to be a sport like dirt bikes, F1, speed boats or something similar, this is the only sport you are able to have the same equipment as the pro's and then it all come down to you own skills . And if you start with the mentioned sports above you will see that it is quite cheap with rc racing.
I have had GO engines, FX and REDS and REDS is by far the best engines I have had. I will go with OS speed spec 3 next season just to try it and this is my point, everyone will tell you that different brand is best for the buck according to their own experiance, budget or skill lever of tuning. I think it is much more of a personell opinion of what you want from an engine.
GO engines is in my opinion inconsistent in tune and has a short lifespan but is cheap.
FX is more consistent in tune, has a strong bottom but will fade in mid and top end and has a better lifespan than GO engines by a few gallons.
REDS is easy to tune, hold a tune from day to day really good, strong and smooth powerband through out the rpm range, real easy to break in comparison to the other two mentioned and has good longivity.
The take aways are that you will get what you pay for and nitro racing can be real fun and easy but it can also be a pain in the a.. If you have poor equipment especially if you have a bad day with a bad engine that won't preform.
This is just my own opinion and I'm sorry for the long post.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

I've just had the best luck with race engines with turbo plugs. Anything with a p3-p5 plug is cake.

Never had much luck with the budget Novarossi's or anything with a sport plug, even a hot A3.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:45 PM
Tech Initiate

So what do you guys recommend for a beginners nitro truggy engine?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.