Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
What nitro engine should I get?! >

What nitro engine should I get?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What nitro engine should I get?!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What nitro engine should I get?!

Can't decide what engine I'm gonna run in my new buggy... Between O.S. Or alpha, Nova, or maybe even a triton ... What's the best out there these days??
Old 05-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zefo977
Can't decide what engine I'm gonna run in my new buggy... Between O.S. Or alpha, Nova, or maybe even a triton ... What's the best out there these days??
Ive been running the Orion 3 port engine in my buggy for the 5 months, very happy with their performance, run time, power, durability are all awesome, worth a look
Old 05-16-2016, 11:46 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

You are going to get 20+ "this is the best engine" to get.

I modify and service engines daily for racers across the country. The advantage to that is being able to study and test engines on a continuous basis.

One of the most popular engines that people have me modify is the Top Elite 5. They are fantastic engines as well as being extremely well priced. They run exceptionally well stock and better once the timing is changed along with some other tricks.

In your case I recommend getting the Elite 5 and run it stock. You can purchase one from Novarossi Direct for $139. Several customers of mine have purchased 2 so they can have both stock & mod.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are you going to bash it or race it? What does your local hobby shop supply? I have ran many engine models, I had good luck with two orions and horrible luck with one. No customer support here in Vietnam what so ever. Long story short, Ron from Werks and Monty from Houston's Engine service offer great support, or at least that is what I have seen and received. They never send a PM and tell you to try one of their engines (like a few people on here have done) not going to mention names, and they stand behind their products, not saying those who have sent me PM's about buying their engines don't stand behind them... if I have an issue I have no support here in Vietnam and that is why I have chosen Fusion engines because I do get support from Monty, so I strongly recommend that you find out what is at the track first, then give us the info so we can send you in the right direction. Currently the top named engines are OS based, Nova based or the L&M based engines like Picco, Orion, Werks. Any of these engines are great. The B3 werks engine is a little beast, Orion 5 ports have tons of power, OS engines are quick and good, then the Novarossi engines are also good, strong and quick. Within the Nova brand you have the Rex brand, Top and Fusion lines.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:43 AM
Tech Champion

Elite 5 from nova direct as mentioned above.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zefo977
RC Concepts MC3 ceramic/2046 tuned pipe ....these are super sweet engines, Swiss ceramic bearings, Double tungsten slugged cranks. manufactured by Picco the same guys who do the Reds and Triton's..... I have these on special on my website right now and they are a killer buggy engine !!!!!!
Old 05-18-2016, 01:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks everyone !
Old 05-18-2016, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

No issues here for Orion support. A simple request on their website and they get back to me quick. But Im not one to run to support when something goes wrong either.

Novarossi is a very good engine so are Reds.

Most engines today are pretty good.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The best engine on performance and price wise is the triton L3 hands down. cannot go wrong with it