Search
Like Tree14Likes

The Nitroshop

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I hope everyone likes my updated dyno graph style ... should be easier to read...

I like it a lot better. The names of the engines, pipes, and venturis are easier to read.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looks great Neal, now to get a chart of the elite 8 and legend 25..
Old 11-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigReade
Since when is it "out of line" to ask for some sort of proof, for a claim like 11+ minutes of run time?! Sounds more like a personal power trip and exercise of authority, threatening someone with "your days are numbered". Who runs this shit, the Obama administration? !
If you knew anythinga about these forums you'd know that's not the case. OTOH, I've been to forums where the mods try to run it like it's a kindergarten classroom. This is not one of those places
Old 11-23-2015, 03:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by shein95
Looks great Neal, now to get a chart of the elite 8 and legend 25..
Yeah Neal I have one stock and two of your modified .25 Legend and the difference on the track is huge, I feel they have a little bit more low end but the top end is ridiculous compared with stock, its like they rev higher with more power on mid-top . If possible I would like to see a dyno of you Legend .25 and other engines too.

Last edited by danyvw; 11-23-2015 at 03:49 AM.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Neal what your nov 28-7 bump looks like on your dyno??
Old 11-23-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Regular

Stock and mod
Old 11-23-2015, 06:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danyvw
Yeah Neal I have one stock and two of your modified .25 Legend and the difference on the track is huge, I feel they have a little bit more low end but the top end is ridiculous compared with stock, its like they rev higher with more power on mid-top . If possible I would like to see a dyno of you Legend .25 and other engines too.
Awesome to hear ! I have had awesome results with my modified Legend 25's....SO going forward you would be able to reduce your head shimming by 0.1 mm , Likely even by as much as 0.2 mm... As that engine wears in and relaxes some it will want to have the head clearance reduced.. The results will be more power, especially low end power, cooler running temps and a stronger idle. Just make sure to run a medium plug and not run too lean and the higher compression setting will be well worth it...I tend to leave my modified engines quite conservative in terms of head clearance and compression for safety reasons when they are new but once they have fully broken in they actually will run better with the compression raised some.....Every engine is different but I have found my modifieds can really come to life just by running a little tighter squish.....
Old 11-23-2015, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

Awesome to hear ! I have had awesome results with my modified Legend 25's....SO going forward you would be able to reduce your head shimming by 0.1 mm , Likely even by as much as 0.2 mm... As that engine wears in and relaxes some it will want to have the head clearance reduced.. The results will be more power, especially low end power, cooler running temps and a stronger idle. Just make sure to run a medium plug and not run too lean and the higher compression setting will be well worth it...I tend to leave my modified engines quite conservative in terms of head clearance and compression for safety reasons when they are new but once they have fully broken in they actually will run better with the compression raised some.....Every engine is different but I have found my modifieds can really come to life just by running a little tighter squish.....
Thanks for the tip. I'm going to follow the advise. Both engines are full broken in, will reduce .1 on one and .2 on the other and will compare. C6TGC glow plug on both for sure.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:37 PM
Tech Champion

Default Elite 5 stock vs Mod

Old 11-23-2015, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lighttravler
Hey Neal what your nov 28-7 bump looks like on your dyno??
Sorry Buddy but I don't have a good sample of a 28-7... I only tested one right when I rebuilt the dyno and I wasn't happy with the procedure... Since then I have made several changes and perfected my testing procedures... SO Basically I will need to retest a 28-7 sometime in the near future....
Old 11-23-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Would that apply to the elite 5 as well as far as removing some of the shims?
Old 11-23-2015, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by shein95
Would that apply to the elite 5 as well as far as removing some of the shims?
yes it would...!

Just start with a 0.1 mm reduction and then monitor the glowplug coil.... What you want to look out for is any distortion of the the coil shape...Usually you can run the heads pretty tight if you make sure not to over lean the needles.. The engines will run cooler and make more power but they are much less forgiving if the tune does go lean..This is why its important to watch the glowplug coil as its your canary in the mine...If that coil starts to show distortion its time to fatten the needles, get a cooler plug or add the shim back.... Usually when it comes to shims it can pay off to do some careful testing , the engine will tell you where its happy just by how it performs....When you hit the sweet spot the engines can really come to life.
Old 11-24-2015, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

When you see those dynos you underestand why when you run a TNS engine you have a great smile on your face all the time. That modded Elite5 is able to produce 45% more power than a stock and way more power than a stock Mito7. Thats the reason you can fly all the triplets w/o hesitation and in the straight everybody is following you and at the end everybody is asking: What the heck do you have inside of that engine? The answer is simple: a TNS.
Old 11-24-2015, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by danyvw
When you see those dynos you underestand why when you run a TNS engine you have a great smile on your face all the time. That modded Elite5 is able to produce 45% more power than a stock and way more power than a stock Mito7. Thats the reason you can fly all the triplets w/o hesitation and in the straight everybody is following you and at the end everybody is asking: What the heck do you have inside of that engine? The answer is simple: a TNS.
Even bigger smile when a $280 modified elite 5 is running side by side with a $500 engine.
Old 11-24-2015, 10:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Back from the dead

Been a while but now I am ready to return.....Neal lets get back on program. I am ready for "unique" and "one off".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.