Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

The Nitroshop

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is some video footage during one of the qualifying heats today during the Victorian State titles with my TNS modified REDS R5Racer, amazing comes to mind, getting over 11 minutes runtime at 220f at full race pace, finished 2nd in this heat under a second from a TQ run for the round.

This engine is the best modified engine i have ever driven, smooth power everywhere, runtime using a 8.5mm venturi, the idle and quick stable return to idle is fantastic, huge home run Mr Smith, its true REDS go faster.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-14-2015, 07:26 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
Here is some video footage during one of the qualifying heats today during the Victorian State titles with my TNS modified REDS R5Racer, amazing comes to mind, getting over 11 minutes runtime at 220f at full race pace, finished 2nd in this heat under a second from a TQ run for the round.

This engine is the best modified engine i have ever driven, smooth power everywhere, runtime using a 8.5mm venturi, the idle and quick stable return to idle is fantastic, huge home run Mr Smith, its true REDS go faster.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Can we get video of you doing an 11 minute stint?
Old 11-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
Beat it junior, you have no business here....
Old 11-14-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My last race my b5 was going 10:45 with a pretty rich setting in the truck and the elite 5 was almost 10 in the buggy which was lessened from a rich setting, a hard clutch setting and tons of wheel spin. Both were getting more back in the summer. Our track has a lot of wot too
Old 11-14-2015, 03:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hambone
Beat it junior, you have no business here....
Didn't realize you were a moderator? In that case....

Nope, I'll continue to freely post, bro.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Adept

Sure thing.... and we will continue freely ignoring your posts in this thread!
Old 11-14-2015, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

8.5mm venturi... nice! That reminds me I need to try one of those out.
Old 11-15-2015, 06:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

I raced yesterday for the first race on the new buggy and MC5 tuned engine from Neal and I ran just over 10 mins on one tank (125cc tank). I probably could of gone another min with the fuel left, and I'm not a perfect tuner. I'm very satisfied with this engine, great power and great on fuel!
Old 11-15-2015, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

i am a moderator...i am TELLING you to move on.....continue on this path and your days are numbered....this is the second warning.....there will not be another one
Old 11-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam

+ YouTube Video
I know socket is just trying to troll the thread, but I wouldn't mind seeing run time videos. Seems like a good idea actually.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running the 8mm restrictor in the elite 5 but for the first time today I took out the 7.5 and put in the 8.5 in my b5. Wow, that's just what the motor needed, too bad I didn't try it during racing season.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Another podium for TNS driver Big Shawn. 2nd place 40+ A Main
At 2015 Gas Champs at dialed rc raceway this weekend. He is running his favorite motor TNS nova BTT Argentina.
Attached Thumbnails The Nitroshop-10584.jpg  
Old 11-15-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shein95
I've been running the 8mm restrictor in the elite 5 but for the first time today I took out the 7.5 and put in the 8.5 in my b5. Wow, that's just what the motor needed, too bad I didn't try it during racing season.
I'm gonna have to try that with my tuned elite 5. I noticed I can run it ridiculously rich compared to my stock p5xlt... like hsn 1 full turn out from flush and it still makes decent power... I'd only imagine that adding some more air to the mix wouldn't hurt in the power dept
Old 11-16-2015, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

That guy has been trolling few threads trying to get people going! Neal is one of smartest, honest, and funny guys I have had pleasure to deal with!! This guy is trying to get Neal all worked up again for no reason!
Old 11-16-2015, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well as a final wrap up of the first event with the new THE NITRO SHOP modified REDS R5RACER engine, Neal sent it to me after alot of R & D using his dyno and the engine is simply amazing, it has the best and most solid idle i have seen in my time as a racer, the return to idle is direct and the idle just idles away with an extremely low idle gap ( set at 0.35mm ) I choose to run the engine during the 2 practice heats for the event with the 8.5mm venturi and the novarossi 41001 header & novarossi 9886 pipe as directed by Neal, this combo was fantastic and i was doing a roll out lap ( 35 seconds ) and the 12 laps in 7:20, plus the extra cut away lap to return to the pits, giving me about 8:20 of run time, the picture below was what was left in the tank.

Once the practice round was over i needed to swap out the Novarossi 9886 pipe as it is not on our approved pipe list for racing sactioned events here in Australia, so i installed the Picco 2120 pipe with the rounded Picco header, the tune and 8.5mm venturi stayed in place as i went into the qualifying rounds, again the engine was fantastic, Neal asked did i feel any change with the pipe swap and i must say that i felt no real difference on the track and my lap times did not change at all, same track, same tekno truggy, same grip level, same outside temps, same tyre combo just about an hour apart.

I thought that the 9886 2 camber pipe would have used more fuel and the picco pipe would have been better on fuel but as this picture shows, i again did a roll out lap ( 35 seconds ) then had a 12 lap 7:22, plus the extra cut away lap as i returned to the pits, the engine temped at 221f on the picco and at 218f on the novarossi pipe, here is the picutre of the picco tank after the qualifying round.

I would not have believed that the 9886 & 41001 combo would have been better on fuel but it was, the 9886 combo sounds like it is angry via the note coming from the pipe but lap times is what every racer is looking for and not the best sounding engine combo, you can clearly see that there is an easy 3 minutes of fuel left in each tank, so to those guys needing more proof all i can suggest is buying this engine & pipe combos and run your own back to back testing.

Ive said this once and will say it again that run time comes down to almost every thing on the day, correct tune, correct oil content on the filter, correct drive train freedom, no drag what so ever via brakes, bent axles, incorrect shimming, bearing age, correct gear mesh, right tyre choice, correct body selection but most of all the guy doing the driving, clean laps with next to no wheel spin and you can get any amount of different results from run time tests.

I been down the road of wasting my own personal time providing run time videos only to have guys say that is must have had a lot of fuel tube, bigger tank installed when i did my 13:43 video a year ago with the video watching the pitman fill the tank to running out of fuel on the track, i have no need to prove a thing, im the lucky one being able to do 10 qualifying runs with roll out laps and extra lap with out having to worry, if you dont believe well its your loss, thanks again Neal for a wonderful engine.

I was running in 4th place 14 minutes into the A main final when i got collected by lap traffic after a clean pass which killed my steering servo, race over and finished 15th overall for the event, qualified 5th straight into the A main and was really happy with the truggy and engine, cheers guys SS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.