Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree38Likes

Maxima O.S. .21 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I am not sure I would get hyped up about not being able to buy one of these engines..they are a stock OS Speed with a few cosmetic dremel cuts done by hand on the sleeve and crank. There is nothing physically done that would improve the performance of these engines over stock, i would even suspect some of the dremel work may have a negative impact...other then the pretty blue head this is just a basic OS speed with some cosmetic hand dremel work done to it.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I am not sure I would get hyped up about not being able to buy one of these engines..they are a stock OS Speed with a few cosmetic dremel cuts done by hand on the sleeve and crank. There is nothing physically done that would improve the performance of these engines over stock, i would even suspect some of the dremel work may have a negative impact...other then the pretty blue head this is just a basic OS speed with some cosmetic hand dremel work done to it.
As stated, this motor is not going to improve your racing, plus if you do get ahold of one, you will have to buy OS parts anyway, and not rely on non existent support or service from Maxima. Have any of you asking about the motor had an email reply from Maxima? I went through this when Tecnopower came out with their Motors, and before you knew it, they were out of buisness as was the company that the case was based on (GRP). I doubt OS will be out of buisness anytime soon, so if you have to have the latest and greatest OS based motor get an Spec III. I would not envy anyone at the track with a blue headed OS Motor unless its an older VZ-B that someone has maintained well.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

That's rich...
Old 11-27-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Frank L
That's rich...

I will post the pictures of the engine i had here and you can see why I say what I do

If i were to make a educated guess is that Maxima will end up with a production based OS engine that is uniquely their own , i believe right now they are building brand recognition and testing different modifications and engine variations..Even from the posted pictures of the engines i can see differences in the hand modifications... My guess is a full production engine will be on the market soon enough that won't have any of the hand work done, it will all be factory done and the engines will be readily available thru normal channels
Old 11-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Tech Champion

So my guess is the current Maxima engines are pre-production engines , which is why they are so difficult to find... I also suspect you will see a full production version sometime soon that will be readily available. I expect big things from these guys in the near future

Anyways the engine I had here was hand modified and the work was fairly sloppy, I would never get away with sending anything like this to my customers...

Old 11-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

So these uneven cuts on the sleeve makes this motor So fast? So is this sleeve a spec 2 or spec 3?

So what makes this motor so OMG I NEED ONE? Thank you for your time
Old 11-29-2016, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Motorman007
So these uneven cuts on the sleeve makes this motor So fast? So is this sleeve a spec 2 or spec 3?

no the cuts wont help anything.. the engine is based off a B2101 ... IMO these are only pre-production engines !! I expect to see some really nice engines from these guys in the near future !
Old 11-29-2016, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

I think everyone is drooling over the Blue head!!!

Those cuts are horrible, not even, depths are different, what about polishing the cuts after, and that poor crank. I think even in the 80's when we did our own minor mods, we always polished everything, and back then it was done with jewlers files and special hones.

i would not want that motor anywhere in any of my cars. how can that even be warranted, if that is even the case.

ill stick.with my OS and Novarossi motors.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
I think everyone is drooling over the Blue head!!!

Those cuts are horrible, not even, depths are different, what about polishing the cuts after, and that poor crank. I think even in the 80's when we did our own minor mods, we always polished everything, and back then it was done with jewlers files and special hones.

i would not want that motor anywhere in any of my cars. how can that even be warranted, if that is even the case.

ill stick.with my OS and Novarossi motors.
As I say I believe these are simply pre-production engines.. Nothing done to this engine will do any good nor should it do any harm...IMO the engine would run just like it was stock !
Old 11-30-2016, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

As I say I believe these are simply pre-production engines.. Nothing done to this engine will do any good nor should it do any harm...IMO the engine would run just like it was stock !
So its a Mental placebo, lol. People want a motor they think is better, yet is not.

Cant wait to see what you think of their Novarossi based .12 motor MAXIMA Novarossi T4R!!! Hopefully its not butchered as well.
Attached Thumbnails Maxima O.S. .21 Engine-108326ffa096db8618b345988a8b84e4_600x600.jpg  
Old 12-01-2016, 06:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
So its a Mental placebo, lol. People want a motor they think is better, yet is not.

Cant wait to see what you think of their Novarossi based .12 motor MAXIMA Novarossi T4R!!! Hopefully its not butchered as well.
I am suspect of the engine I had here.. just looking at the more recent photo's of these engines you can see the work is quite a bit cleaner..I strongly suspect these engines are not yet in full production and these early engines are just hand prepped test samples, which would explain why hardly anyone can buy them.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

The good ol days

Was this your work sir?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/car-...engine-21.html

Old 12-02-2016, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

The good ol days

Was this your work sir?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/car-...engine-21.html

no me !
Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Lol was going to say that's clearly a rotational tool not a jewelers file tool marking
Old 12-05-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
Lol was going to say that's clearly a rotational tool not a jewelers file tool marking

My work is much cleaner and far more effective at increasing performance !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.