Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
2015 Fuel battle ... opinions only , no facts ! >

2015 Fuel battle ... opinions only , no facts !

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Fuel battle ... opinions only , no facts !

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cary
He stopped making it.
Cold Fusion is actually now Nitro Pro....well Nitro Pro started as Cold Fusion I should say. Jimbo bought Cold Fusion and tweaked the blend to suit his needs and such. So I guess you could say Nitro Pro is a derivative of Cold Fusion ;-)
Old 03-19-2015, 04:22 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91
Monte I'm not trying to start anything, last thing I like is keyboard wars, but I was recently reading through one of the VP Powermaster threads on here and you posted that you ran 12qts of VP and said it was very good fuel. I'm just wondering how come your opinion changed on this matter and now you don't recommend it? Please don't take this as me instigating anything, I am just curious as to what happened?
Not me , ive never ran VP

Ive tried s&w

Ive used trinity monster horsepower ,sidewinder old worlds blend , blue thunder , odonnell and a few others back in the day , since ive started using byrons fuels in '07 i havent ever looked at switching fuels

Ive tried a few other fuels for testing purposes since switching to byrons but haven't never seen any better protection ever
Xlnt fuel , unequalled consistency*
Old 03-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MotoGod
Cold Fusion is actually now Nitro Pro....well Nitro Pro started as Cold Fusion I should say. Jimbo bought Cold Fusion and tweaked the blend to suit his needs and such. So I guess you could say Nitro Pro is a derivative of Cold Fusion ;-)
Did not know that. Loved that fuel was the best IMO I have run but I must say this
Bones Fuel is the next best thing. If I did not know better I would say it was the same fuel.
Old 03-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TruggyDude91
I don't think you can blame VP for your problems, more a user error. Per your thread, LRP recommended you use 25% nitro or higher and you used 20% with 14% oil package. Also, you tried leaning out a brand new engine too fast before it was broken in and that's why it would not run. The reason why your engine ran better on Byron's is because of the higher nitro content and leaner oil package. Not trying to start any fights, but I wouldn't blame the fuel in this case.
No offense taken, like I said I'm new to engines like the LRP .28. Maybe the VP race blend works better, but the basher stuff seems to be too heavy on oil or something. Lower nitro content has worked on some engines in the past, but sure didn't for this one! Thought I'd give it a try, and it didn't work for me so back to what has always worked for years, Byron's Race Gen2. I've tweaked a new engine before breaking in before for temp management both richer and leaner than factory and it never caused issues nor decreased the engines life. Maybe it's just the combo of that type of engine and that fuel/oil ratio that don't go well together. I know one thing for sure, brand loyalty aside no engine I run will ever see a basher blend from any company again!
Old 03-20-2015, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just started running for nitro pro fuel and so far, the first gallon was awesome. Looking forward to running it this season and see how it does.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Also just started running the nitro pro fuel and its bin great!
Old 03-20-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Just received my first case of Nitro Pro. I'll burn some of it this weekend.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have had great success with VP and nitropro fuel.

The funny thing is that VP supplies nitro to almost every other fuel company.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masher81
I have had great success with VP and nitropro fuel.

The funny thing is that VP supplies nitro to almost every other fuel company.
That is true, not the oil packages tho. That's where the problem lies with sub par fuel....
Old 03-20-2015, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Werks Race Blend 30% - simply put, it rocks.
Performance and protection at very high levels. The oil package in this stuff is cutting edge.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I just ran through my first gallon of Punch racing fuel, and man, I was supper impressed with the throttle response, power, and how crisp it felt. Don't sleep on the Punch Racing fuel, it's good stuff. After another gallon I'll open up the engine and check on internal but so far so good. It had my engines screaming down the front straight at RC Tracks of Las Vegas.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sein
I just ran through my first gallon of Punch racing fuel, and man, I was supper impressed with the throttle response, power, and how crisp it felt.
Doesn't matter half as much as how long an engine lasts when you've run only that fuel through the engine.
Come back when you've broken in an engine on that, then ran it until it started behaving irratic, and let us know how long it lasted. That's the most important thing.

Almost all fuels "perform" down the straight. The important thing is how well they protect the engine.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
Doesn't matter half as much as how long an engine lasts when you've run only that fuel through the engine.
Come back when you've broken in an engine on that, then ran it until it started behaving irratic, and let us know how long it lasted. That's the most important thing.

Almost all fuels "perform" down the straight. The important thing is how well they protect the engine.
Are you always looking to argue with some one? I just stated how a particular fuel has worked for me so far; and instead of quoting my whole text you just pull a piece of it out to comment on. You are a very funny guy.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

+1 Byrons fuel
Old 03-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sein
I just stated how a particular fuel has worked for me
Come on man.. you know I'm right, in order to give a verdict on a fuel you really have to have used it for a considerable time, preferably ran an entire engine out on it. I really wasn't looking for an argument, just saying that's how it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.