Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Werks B6 Pro or OS XZB blue head >

Werks B6 Pro or OS XZB blue head

Werks B6 Pro or OS XZB blue head

Old 02-28-2015, 02:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Werks B6 Pro or OS XZB blue head

Hello
Anyone can help to choose one of this engines? Give your opinion or feedback about each one about tune, durability, run time etc!!! Tanks
Old 03-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by brnantunes
Hello
Anyone can help to choose one of this engines? Give your opinion or feedback about each one about tune, durability, run time etc!!! Tanks
I can only comment on the Werks B6 Pro (never run the OS engine).

The B6 Pro offers excellent value for your dollar.
A very smooth yet extremely powerful buggy engine with great top end.
Run the B6 Pro with matching Werks EFRA 2058 pipe and header and you won't go too far wrong.
Easy to tune, hold a good tune, scream like crazy and return good run times. Run times are are dependant on a multitude of things - so "good" could cover 8 minutes to 10 minutes dependant on tuning and driving skills.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grizz1
I can only comment on the Werks B6 Pro (never run the OS engine).

The B6 Pro offers excellent value for your dollar.
A very smooth yet extremely powerful buggy engine with great top end.
Run the B6 Pro with matching Werks EFRA 2058 pipe and header and you won't go too far wrong.
Easy to tune, hold a good tune, scream like crazy and return good run times. Run times are are dependant on a multitude of things - so "good" could cover 8 minutes to 10 minutes dependant on tuning and driving skills.
Agree. The B6 is a solid buggy engine. Probably one of the most under rated engines because of its price. I think people have the assumption that because its around $250, its more of a budget minded sport engine. Nothing is further from the truth. If you feel the need to spend more than that, the OS speed or Novarossi Virtus are around $500. Go for it...

Now, the OS engine is also a great engine. I ran them for about 3 years and just decided to try something else. Nothing wrong with them. Ran them both in a buggy and truggy with good results. Just like what was mentioned about the B6, the OS is pretty much the same. But costs a little more than the B6.

You cant go wrong with either of these 2.

Last edited by Jerm13; 03-01-2015 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Initiate

I just ran a werks B6 Pro with a 2058 for the first time this weekend and was really, really impressed.
Smooth power and screamed at the top end.
Now, i'm comming from a REDS R7 which is a top spec engine and this B6 lost absolutley nothing to my buddy on the straight, who was also running an R7.
Now here is the kicker, my home track is thirsty and the best i can get with the R7 is around 9:30. Very, very few people get over 10 minutes for a safe 10 min stop in a final.
The very first run i got from this engine was 9:17 rich as hell.
After 3 rounds of qually i leaned it out and got 12:02 from a rich race tune in Rd4.
Rd5 and I got 11:43.

In the final it was an easy 10 minute stop.
I am gob smacked with how well this engine performs using such little fuel!
Old 07-26-2015, 07:16 AM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Werks B6 Pro all the way, unless you get the OS Speed
Old 07-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Werks hands down- Top engine/ brilliant customer support
Old 07-26-2015, 11:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

OS IMO. It will tune easier, out perform and outlast the Werks.
Again just my opinion...
I live the almost 50/50 split.
Old 07-26-2015, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

ok ok ok. It was an old thread that was dug up. Lets put it back down....
Old 07-26-2015, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
ok ok ok. It was an old thread that was dug up. Lets put it back down....
"helena646" is in a rush to get to 90 posts...so a lot of bumping is going on.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
OS IMO. It will tune easier, out perform and outlast the Werks.
Again just my opinion...
I live the almost 50/50 split.
No offense Frank but your smoking crack if you think that a XZB is going to outlast and especially outperform one of our B6-Pro's.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
No offense Frank but your smoking crack if you think that a XZB is going to outlast and especially outperform one of our B6-Pro's.
Ron as I stated 2x above, it was just my opinion. I have seen them both run and tuned on both. The B6 pro is no slouch. So sensitive
I would love to see your side by side comparison data please share...
Old 07-26-2015, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

The new XZB is basically a speed with out the dlc right.The B6 pro is not going to outperform the XZB. Longivity is a other story.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kyosho28
The new XZB is basically a speed with out the dlc right.The B6 pro is not going to outperform the XZB. Longivity is a other story.
Well, i have been racing OS, REDS and WERKS engines... I won't say that one beats the other in terms of top speed or so, but I am sure that the B6 Pro is right there with the top engines while having a better fuel economy...
Old 07-26-2015, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
Ron as I stated 2x above, it was just my opinion. I have seen them both run and tuned on both. The B6 pro is no slouch. So sensitive
I would love to see your side by side comparison data please share...
Not sensitive at all and I usually stay out of conversations like this but when an industry insider, not a consumer makes certain comments at times I need to respond. Kind of like your statement about all pipes being the same if they share an EFRA number comment that you made on a different thread the other day. As far as "side to side comparison data" let me know when you would like to meet me at a track with your driver of choice running a XZB and he can run it against my driver with a stock B6-Pro in it and we can do a performance comparison. I get mine from watching races with Kortz and other pro's in it. That's a stock B6-Pro that is tuned properly, granted he's not running the most competitive car anymore but you will be hard pressed to find any pro level driver on track with any brand of engine that out motors him and none of the pro's that I know run XZB's, they seem to run factory supplied Speed II's.
Old 07-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Werks b6 pro with werks pipe nuff said. Engine life is gonna depend on the tune and how you take care of your engine! I use a engine heater before every start up. But No engine lasts forever.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.