R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2016, 03:48 PM   #526
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,005
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Also guys the L3 is no slouch. Collin has been using it since it came out and he does very well with it and has no problems with power against other $400+ and even Modded engines.

Nice job Collin!

http://www.liverc.com/news/race_resu...Championships/
Attached Thumbnails
Triton RC new engine...-triton-l3-.21-engine-collin-weatherholt-pro-buggy-win.jpg  
__________________
RcRenew.com engines, modding and rebuilding
http://www.rcrenew.com/

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:30 PM   #527
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,530
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

these Triton engines are ridiculous!!! It was 9 months ago since my last nitro race. L4 in buggy and L5 in truggy fired right up. the power these make is crazy especially when you consider the run time they get! And if those aren't enough to make you want them the way they idle and hold a tune is 2nd to none!!!

Coquitlam Classic was held last weekend. Fastest drivers in BC were in attendance. TQed both buggy and truggy. Won the 30 minute buggy main by more than 5 laps and unfortunately broke my truggy on the opening lap. Was still running aluminum axles when I should have changed to steel ones last year!
__________________
Proudly Sponsored by:

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #528
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,530
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Also to note Triton Team mates finished 1st and 2nd in truggy and 3rd in buggy. These engines are getting noticed!!
__________________
Proudly Sponsored by:

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 08:12 AM   #529
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 230
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default TRITON FTW!!!

So last night I finished the last couple of tanks to get my new L3 broken fully in. Started "race tuning" it and this thing was awesome. One of the locals had a Rex Legend .25 MODDED by and un-named person as it wasn't Lance. Well.... The L3 Smoked him in a drag race down the straight! I am running the L3, 7mm venturi with the 2108 pipe. On a loose track and a heavy finger I am seeing 8:30-9:00 pretty consistently even still running a bit rich. I would imagine it will improve as it gets closer to a race tune. I believe I will be putting a L3 in my truggy next with the 2034 pipe.

One other small edit, it wasn't hard to keep up with an O.S. either

Thanks Lance for an awesome product! They are head turners.
__________________
Mugen, Proline, Triton RC, Flash Point Racing Products, Hitec, Tekin
bobnmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:17 PM   #530
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,005
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich View Post
these Triton engines are ridiculous!!! It was 9 months ago since my last nitro race. L4 in buggy and L5 in truggy fired right up. the power these make is crazy especially when you consider the run time they get! And if those aren't enough to make you want them the way they idle and hold a tune is 2nd to none!!!

Coquitlam Classic was held last weekend. Fastest drivers in BC were in attendance. TQed both buggy and truggy. Won the 30 minute buggy main by more than 5 laps and unfortunately broke my truggy on the opening lap. Was still running aluminum axles when I should have changed to steel ones last year!


Awesome job

Glad you like the engines and thank yo so much fore the update!
__________________
RcRenew.com engines, modding and rebuilding
http://www.rcrenew.com/

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:34 PM   #531
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,005
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnmich View Post
So last night I finished the last couple of tanks to get my new L3 broken fully in. Started "race tuning" it and this thing was awesome. One of the locals had a Rex Legend .25 MODDED by and un-named person as it wasn't Lance. Well.... The L3 Smoked him in a drag race down the straight! I am running the L3, 7mm venturi with the 2108 pipe. On a loose track and a heavy finger I am seeing 8:30-9:00 pretty consistently even still running a bit rich. I would imagine it will improve as it gets closer to a race tune. I believe I will be putting a L3 in my truggy next with the 2034 pipe.

One other small edit, it wasn't hard to keep up with an O.S. either

Thanks Lance for an awesome product! They are head turners.


Your welcome and thanks for the feedback!

The L4 and L5 are 2 of, if not the fastest off road engines on the market and the L3 is not too far behind.

The L3 has great power they will hold their own with most any other engine out there no matter what the price tag.

A lot of people are stuck on the "main" brands but things are changing as so many people running Tritons are the fastest engines on the track and the ones getting the best fuel mileage. So the engines are speaking for themselves.

And this is not a once in while thing. It happens so much I get new customers every week that call in and tell me the stories of how the Triton they saw was pulling every other engine on the track as well as the only engine pitting at 10 minutes etc....

So I am glad to hear all the feedback and I am glad that the people are seeing with their own eyes the performance and noticing it.

In an industry full of hype. I would rather have the product speak for itself and its doing it .
__________________
RcRenew.com engines, modding and rebuilding
http://www.rcrenew.com/

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 03:07 PM   #532
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,480
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

After a couple late night parking lot fuel burning sessions to run some fuel, the engines in my cars have right at 1 gallon through them. I think I attracted the attention of a house 1-2 blocks away. He kept lighting me up with a green laser. At least nothing else followed it
Bring on race day tomorrow...

CVR in Madera Ca


__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~

Last edited by Frank L; 05-27-2016 at 03:50 PM.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:07 AM   #533
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,005
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
After a couple late night parking lot fuel burning sessions to run some fuel, the engines in my cars have right at 1 gallon through them. I think I attracted the attention of a house 1-2 blocks away. He kept lighting me up with a green laser. At least nothing else followed it
Bring on race day tomorrow...

CVR in Madera Ca


lol.... too funny

Keep us posted!
__________________
RcRenew.com engines, modding and rebuilding
http://www.rcrenew.com/

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:12 PM   #534
Tech Regular
 
shein95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 437
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Well I think I might have worn out a few of my engines so I will be trying one out sooner than later. I have a new backup for the buggy so thinking a L5 for the truck. Not sure on the pipe though. Would like to use my werks 2058 or nova 9886/41001 combo to save some money at first until I can get a triton pipe. Not sure which one between the 2034 and 2046 though.
shein95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 03:03 AM   #535
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 343
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shein95 View Post
Well I think I might have worn out a few of my engines so I will be trying one out sooner than later. I have a new backup for the buggy so thinking a L5 for the truck. Not sure on the pipe though. Would like to use my werks 2058 or nova 9886/41001 combo to save some money at first until I can get a triton pipe. Not sure which one between the 2034 and 2046 though.
For Truggy the 2046 is going to be the favorite choice by many, I am positive if you had the chance to try both . would pick the 2046
dynamiteracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:31 AM   #536
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,005
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

both are great. 2034 get better mileage and 2046 has most power so just depends on what you need.
__________________
RcRenew.com engines, modding and rebuilding
http://www.rcrenew.com/

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 05:32 AM   #537
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,005
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Triton welcomes Billy Fischer to the Team

http://www.neobuggy.net/2016/06/01/b...p-with-triton/
__________________
RcRenew.com engines, modding and rebuilding
http://www.rcrenew.com/

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 06:11 AM   #538
Tech Elite
 
Motorman007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,872
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcrenew View Post
both are great. 2034 get better mileage and 2046 has most power so just depends on what you need.
When I tried this pipe 2034 it seem like when I went from 2108 to the 2034. The 2034 was fatter so I had to lean it out which in turn better run time. Right?

Thanx sir
__________________
YOU WILL (ALWAYSWIN).....
Motorman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #539
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,480
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Triton powered...
L4/2034/#6




L5/2046/#6

__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~

Last edited by Frank L; 06-01-2016 at 09:25 AM.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 10:57 AM   #540
Tech Elite
 
Rcrenew's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,005
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman007 View Post
When I tried this pipe 2034 it seem like when I went from 2108 to the 2034. The 2034 was fatter so I had to lean it out which in turn better run time. Right?

Thanx sir
The 2108 get a little better mileage than the 2034 even if it seems like that when you switch.
__________________
RcRenew.com engines, modding and rebuilding
http://www.rcrenew.com/

Triton RC- Ultra high performance racing engines
http://www.tritonrc.com/
Rcrenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 3 (1 members and 2 guests)
tommern26
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net