Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum
Engine does not warm up unless I lean it. >

Engine does not warm up unless I lean it.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine does not warm up unless I lean it.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2014, 03:47 PM
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes sir... the RB#5 works good and #6 I think.. can't remember all the way, it has been a while..lol and yes, the OS#8 plug are too short and would give you some tuning problems..
Old 12-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mercfocus
Which RB plug?
I found these:
http://www.amain.com/rb-products-hot...plug-5-1/p4744

http://www.amain.com/rb-products-ver...plug-4-1/p4743

And there’s this LRP that looks like it might be good:

http://www.amain.com/lrp-platinum-ir...um-hot/p272990

The Duratrax Carbons I’ve been using are short too. I’m wondering if that’s been part of the problem.
If youre running a short plug in a long plug button, that will cause some issues. Youre loosing a lot of compression that way. Try an OS LC3.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:32 PM
Anf
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by merdith6
I just remember coming across several of those engines back in the day they came in hyper OFNA cars I think. Not one ran good. Could have been worn out but every one of them, Possibly. As far as tuning I have been helping racers tune .21 buggy engines for about 15 years. I started out with inexpensive force 4 and 6 port Taiwan engines about 20 years ago and they ran without issues for a long time. The hyper engines just had terrible carbs and lost compression quickly in my opinion. I always recommended they get another engine. It ran crappy. end of story.
My comment was not intended to sound quite as obtuse as it did.
I have ran/tuned/modified/used many of these engines and still do. There are many different types of this engine and they all use the same carb. I find the carb. to be adequate and the piston/sleeve fitment is usually good for at least twenty litres of fuel.
Sure it is never going to compare to the latest three hundred dollar mill, but for the money it is fine.
End of story.