Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Switching fuels

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

This has come up before on here. VP do not make Werks fuel (as others have pointed out).
They "blend" the fuel for Werks Racing - which contains Werks Racing's proprietory lubrication package as supplied to VP by Werks Racing - which is far in advance of most others out there.

When you change to Race Blend 30% you will find you need to lean your engine quite a bit, due to the extra methanol content now passing through your engine. The oil content in the race Blend is a "trade secret" as such, but suffice to say it is lower than most - hence the extra power producing and engine cooling methanol per cylinder charge. This fuel DOES perform spectacularly, while also providing brilliant engine lubrication during and after use.

Changing to Werks Race Blend fuel will result in much cooler running temps, a crisper more powerful engine (particularly bottom end), faster spool up, and a lovely protective coating of a modified caster blend left in the motor after running.
We have done extensive testing here (as we import and sell the Werks fuel locally), and IMO opinion, and in the opinion of a huge number of our customers, the Werks Race Blend 30% is one of, if not the premium off-road fuel currently available out there.

For a detailed history and run down on the Race Blend fuel, visit our website at www.werksracingnz.kiwi and click on "Fuel Background Info" on the menu bar (left hand side of the home page).
The information and quotes in there from Ron at Werks Racing and Neal at Clockwork Racing Engines will give you a great insight into the quality of this product.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grizz1
This has come up before on here. VP do not make Werks fuel (as others have pointed out).
They "blend" the fuel for Werks Racing - which contains Werks Racing's proprietory lubrication package as supplied to VP by Werks Racing - which is far in advance of most others out there.

When you change to Race Blend 30% you will find you need to lean your engine quite a bit, due to the extra methanol content now passing through your engine. The oil content in the race Blend is a "trade secret" as such, but suffice to say it is lower than most - hence the extra power producing and engine cooling methanol per cylinder charge. This fuel DOES perform spectacularly, while also providing brilliant engine lubrication during and after use.

Changing to Werks Race Blend fuel will result in much cooler running temps, a crisper more powerful engine (particularly bottom end), faster spool up, and a lovely protective coating of a modified caster blend left in the motor after running.
We have done extensive testing here (as we import and sell the Werks fuel locally), and IMO opinion, and in the opinion of a huge number of our customers, the Werks Race Blend 30% is one of, if not the premium off-road fuel currently available out there.

For a detailed history and run down on the Race Blend fuel, visit our website at www.werksracingnz.kiwi and click on "Fuel Background Info" on the menu bar (left hand side of the home page).
The information and quotes in there from Ron at Werks Racing and Neal at Clockwork Racing Engines will give you a great insight into the quality of this product.
Thanks for the writeup. I appreciate it. Time to order some fuel
Old 09-26-2014, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ronan, I was using VP Pro before i imported a small batch from Werks Racing NZ to try it for my self and see what all the hype was about. Now I have just taken delivery of 2400ltrs of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel, I was that impressed I had to get this fuel here so we could have a constant supply. This fuel lives up to the hype period.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger
Ronan, I was using VP Pro before i imported a small batch from Werks Racing NZ to try it for my self and see what all the hype was about. Now I have just taken delivery of 2400ltrs of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel, I was that impressed I had to get this fuel here so we could have a constant supply. This fuel lives up to the hype period.
I'll talk to you in the next few days regarding an order. Are you coming to CORMCC this Sunday? I know I can order through lazrd.com.au, would you prefer that?
Old 09-26-2014, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HomicidalBunny
I'll talk to you in the next few days regarding an order. Are you coming to CORMCC this Sunday? I know I can order through lazrd.com.au, would you prefer that?
Yeh mate best way to order is through the website, from there you will be sent a contact for pickup.

Nah i won't be down your way this weekend, would love to, always a pleasure to race at cormcc, awesome track.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger
Yeh mate best way to order is through the website, from there you will be sent a contact for pickup.

Nah i won't be down your way this weekend, would love to, always a pleasure to race at cormcc, awesome track.
Cheers Wade. I'll see you in Melbourne for the State Titles then I guess
Old 09-26-2014, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Cheers Wade. I'll see you in Melbourne for the State Titles then I guess
Yep!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Anyone know were i can order some werks fuel, i live in Brisbane Australia.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:33 AM
Tech Addict

http://lazrd.com.au/?product_cat=brisbanepickup

There you go

I just ordered some myself, thanks for getting this all in Wade.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

There you go

+1

Nice work on the fuel Wade.

It's great to see the Race Blend product now readily available across the Tasman Sea in Australia.
With Race Blend 30% fuel now in Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia - Werks Racing has the South Pacific region pretty well covered.

The rapid spread in the popularity of this fuel in the South Pacific region has to tell you something about the unique quality of this product.
The Race Blend 30% simply sells itself with on track performance and super positive consumer feedback from one customer to the next.

Get Werks, or get worked
Old 09-29-2014, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

There you go

No worries Ronan, you won't be disappointed.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

There you go

Thanks
Old 09-30-2014, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BPro
Thanks
Whoaa LOTS of smiley's
Old 09-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Tech Master

Cheers mallee, it's mainly because the oil in Werks fuel has a much higher flash-point than most fuels, so it should (theoretically) yield better lubrication, resulting in better performance and longer engine life. I am confident that VP Powermaster is a great fuel, I've never had any issues with it, and nor have any of the guys at my track. I guess my reasoning is that I should try different things to see what works best for me, and I hear only good things about Werks fuel (not saying I hear bad things about VP, but I don't hear much at all - good or bad). Neal from Clockwork Racing Engines recommends Werks fuel not only for his modified engines, but also in general. Again, I have no issues with VP, I just want to try Werks to see how it performs. I'm using a Hudy FX engine which is OS based, so 30% is deffs the way to go.
FX engine is not OS based engines! … only the plugs :-)
Old 09-30-2014, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Hey all,

Thinking of switching from VP Powermaster fuel to Werks 30% Race Blend fuel.

What steps should I be taking to make it the easiest on the engine (if any steps should be taken at all)?

Cheers guys,
Ronan
Other than tuning, the only cause for concern would be in case there is an adverse reaction between the fuel types or after run.

Put some old fuel in a jar, add some new and leave it over night, do the same with after run and check it doesn't coagulate (turn to blobs) or precipitate (create solids)

It's probably a good time for a tear down and bearing flush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.