R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road > Offroad Nitro Engine Forum

Old 07-26-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Force 15 help

Hi everybody!

Just getting back into R/C after being out for 20yrs.... I was given a OFNA 2wd with a Force 15 that I would like to restore and bash with. The threads for the glow plug are trashed, searched around for a bit and ordered a new button for it but was not the same, this motor is a few years old but otherwise looks to be in good condition. What are my options for this motor? Does anybody know were to find parts for a older force motor???

I searched and found that the airplane crowd use helicoils but the car crowd appears not to trust them, what's your thoughts?

Thanks
refteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

keep an eye on ebay. Your best bet is to buy a new motor. a trx pro .15 is nice and reliable
stadiumangt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 PM   #3
Tech Adept

SH engines are plentiful and affordable on eBay. For bashing they are good engines and run well. Golden Lion (parent company) make a lot of house brand engines i.e. Losi's 350, 450 and dynamite's including the new gas motor just to name a few.

I have a pull start side exhaust slide carb .18 that was under $70 shipped from China. There are a bunch of different configurations available so you can get one to fit.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by refteck View Post
Hi everybody!

Just getting back into R/C after being out for 20yrs.... I was given a OFNA 2wd with a Force 15 that I would like to restore and bash with. The threads for the glow plug are trashed, searched around for a bit and ordered a new button for it but was not the same, this motor is a few years old but otherwise looks to be in good condition. What are my options for this motor? Does anybody know were to find parts for a older force motor???

I searched and found that the airplane crowd use helicoils but the car crowd appears not to trust them, what's your thoughts?

Thanks
Could you post a picture of your engine?

If you can't find parts for it, I recommend a Go engine. I've got one of their sport engines in my buggy with about a gallon through it so far and it runs great. HobbyKing is selling them for $40-50 but they are the real deal - just unbadged Go engines. If you ever need parts you can get them from Go, a Go distributor, or rc-willpower on eBay.

Go .15: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...e_for_Car.html

Go .18: http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...e_for_Car.html

Just noticed that the .18 is in stock at HK's US warehouse. Otherwise they take about a week and a half out of Hong Kong.